ER Visit

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well ladies, I had to go to the ER tonight. I've still been bleeding on and off, and tonight I was extremely crampy, almost like I was having contractions. I called my OB and decided to go in and get checked out. I had a very detailed u/s, and come to find out that I do not have placenta previa, but an extremely large SCH It is 4cm by 8cm, and I was warned that it could cause miscarriage. I am so scared and upset right now. And extremely angry at my OB for not knowing the difference between placenta previa and a SCH. They told me obviously bed rest, fluids and to call my OB Monday morning, and to come back if I feel any worse. Please keep me in your prayers ladies.

May 10th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Veteran
How frustrating! I would be upset if my OB missed that too. I'll be thinking of you and baby and will keep you in my prayers.
May 10th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry! I hope that now that you have a proper diagnosis you can get it healed! Drink lots of water and I've been doing everything possible to limit normal uterine contractions. Standing or walking around can cause them. Normally I wouldn't be concerned, but with a SCH I've been very conscious of them. Mine is healing quite quickly and I'd like to think that I'm helping it heal with my actions. I hope you are on your way to healing as well! Big hugs!

May 11th, 2013, 06:25 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad they finally found whats going on . Praying things get better for you <3

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
May 11th, 2013, 06:31 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh how scary. Thinking of you.
May 11th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
May 11th, 2013, 07:30 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no!! I am so sorry. Please keep us posted.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
May 11th, 2013, 07:35 AM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
Oh my gosh, that's so scary!! I'm thinking of you and praying that it starts to shrink. ((hugs)) I, too would be really upset with my OB-that's unbelievable!

May 11th, 2013, 07:49 AM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad they finally figured it out! Lots of prayers your way! I hope you are able to have some downtime and keep your feet up! I'd be upset at my OB too! Is it something that's easily confused? I wonder how the OB missed it. ((Hugs))

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
May 11th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness! How can they get those two mixed up? I'm so sorry! Please take it very easy and call your doctor right away and demand an explanation. Your definitely going to need bed rest with as large as it is. Praying for you.

May 11th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YIKES! I know nothing about either, but is it common for them to be mistaken? I would think if they were close together maybe it's hard to tell they are 2 different things, but like I said, IDK. Hopefully continuing to rest will resolve the situation! Take it easy mama!!!
May 11th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, I'm so sorry! I will be praying for you and your little baby! Rest as much as you can!
May 11th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Pink or blue we welcome u
THinking of you, get lots of rest hun!

May 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry for the scare, and pray you stop this bleeding and the SCH starts to shrink. I kinda thought that was a weird diagnosis to begin with, as the placenta is not even visable until after 10-11wks. I really thought you had a sch the first time you started bleeding. Both diagnosis will carry the same pelvic rest and wait and see rules, but knowing which one is important to your follow up scans. Im glad you have the proper diagnosis now and they can keep a watchful eye on you to make sure it gets smaller!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 11th, 2013, 11:02 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs! Definitely keep your feet up and I'm sorry your OB missed that.
May 11th, 2013, 11:26 AM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
I hope everything stays ok. Very scary.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
May 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Thoughts and prayers your way.

TTC #3!
May 11th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I hope everything will be okay.

May 11th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the prayers ladies. My friend picked up the kids for me today while my DH was at work so I could rest. I am supposed to call my OB Monday morning, and when I go in, I think I am going to ask him to show me evidence of placenta previa on my last u/s and if he can't, well then I'll be looking for a new OB. I was almost hesitant to go to the ER last night, feeling like I was being paranoid since I was told that bleeding on and off would be normal, but I am so glad I did. On a good note, baby looks good and was actually measuring a week ahead, at 12w5d, and had a strong hb of 172. The u/s tech was really patient and thorough, and was even trying to get a nub shot for me, but the baby would not cooperate. I'll definitely keep you all posted.

May 11th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had bleeding & quite a bit of cramping with my SCH early on. Really hoping that it settles down & resolves fast xx

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search