OB appt today

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LABs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I went in for my 12 week first Ob visit today. He checked my cervix and was very pleased with how high and long it is. He seemed almost shocked! So I hope that it continues to stay that way and I carry these babies to term! We got to see the babies moving on the u/s. Hb of 159 & 169! I was under the impression that they were on top of each other, but he said that they were more side by side with one a little higher than the other. They are definitely di/di twins and he couldn't even see the SCH with the portable machine. I go back on Tuesday for a detailed u/s to check on the SCH. I really hope its healed!

I also saw my Chiropractor today and he was very pleased with how strong and centered my body is right now! I had my back go out last Fall and I've been worried about carrying twins. I'm doing much better this pg then I have at some of my others at this point. I only have minor back discomfort. The same I have not pg!

I talked with his nurse helper person. I'm not sure her title. Anyway, she is a fraternal twin and has identical twin sisters 13 months older. 4 baby girls in 13 months! Her older sisters were premmies that had twin to twin transfer syndrome. With their delays she said they all learned to walk and talk at the same time! I thought it was really interesting and felt so bad for her mom! She said that her mom was so embarrassed to tell people she was pg again and then that it was again twins! Twins run heavily in their family! She is 32 weeks pg with one and the poor thing is huge! I don't know how she is going to get any bigger. She is just so petite!
shana1979 likes this.

May 11th, 2013, 04:08 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay hope the sch is gone.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
May 11th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Sounds like a good appt.! Glad to hear those babies are doing well!

May 11th, 2013, 07:40 AM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
Sounds like a great appt. Can't wait to hear about the detailed U/S. And I can't even imagine having sets of twins that close in age. yikes! My brother and I are 13 months apart though, and it's pretty wonderful now that we're older!

May 11th, 2013, 07:43 AM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds like a good appointment! Hope the SCH is gone!

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
May 11th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for good appts!

May 11th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you had cervix issues in the past or is he monitoring because of carrying twins that are kiddos #5/6? Glad things are looking good! Hope the SCH is gone!

As for 2 sets of twins in 13 months-wow!!!
May 11th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had issues with my last baby. I'm sure it was a combination of factors that caused me to thin out early. I kept testing positive for possible early labor. I was never put on meds and carried him to 38 weeks. He came home the next day healthy. I met with my OB in December to ask his advice for having a fifth pg and he thought I'd be just fine this time. The factors of moving with a huge baby that wasn't walking yet, so he had to be carried aren't there. And he has outgrown the symptoms of what could have been a serious illness that caused him to be very sick and I was freaked out that he would need to be hospitalized at any moment.

I carried my others full term without issues. Unless you count my inability to walk the last few weeks an issue. My hips would fail and I'd fall to the ground at random. Twins could be a very interesting experience! That's the reason for extensive chiropractic care. I need to keep it together for as long as possible!

May 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appt!

May 12th, 2013, 10:27 AM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad for a good appt and hope your SCH is gone! And two sets of twins, one right after the other? She beat some crazy odds!! Especially with one set being identical.

May 12th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear you had a good appointment

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search