Would I be totally crazy if....

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I paid for an u/s this friday when I am 14 weeks? My NT scan was crap, the lady didnt even try to get me good shots and I am dying to know what I am having, even though the place says they cant tell before 16 weeks, maybe I can get a good guess, or nub shot. I have the money (even though I guess I could find something better to spend it on) but then again my u/s is the 29th, which isnt that far away. Heeeeelp

May 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Up to you! Even though I would love to know early I'm still waiting til my 20 week ultrasound. I guess personally its not worth paying $100 to find out something I'm probably going to find out in a few more weeks? But I know lots of other ladies in the forum don't share these feelings! do what makes you happy?
~Kris~ likes this.

TTC #3!
May 13th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I'd just wait. The 29th is only 2 weeks away, and if you're doing it just to find out the sex you might end up having wasted the money because they can't get a good shot, or you guess wrong.
~Kris~ likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd just wait, it's only a couple of weeks and in the scheme of things knowing any sooner doesn't really do much (aside from help your curiosity, I know that feeling too lol)
~Kris~ and Txmom4 like this.
May 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you know me.. i am a die to knmow lol i would be all over that selective scan ! LOL..
Christina642 likes this.

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
May 13th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I guess I am going to wait till the end of the week, maybe I can just keep pushing myself and soon enough it will be the 29th. ahhh I wish I wasn't so obsessed, but its consuming me lol

May 13th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If its only two weeks away I would wait personally. But I guess it would also depend on how much the scan was and how bad I wanted to find out. Let us know what you decide!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
May 13th, 2013, 12:57 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ha I know I will pay for it if I ad the extra money

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
May 13th, 2013, 12:58 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its very hard! lol. I have been looking into selective scans.. im soooo tempted!!!! its 100$ but the placwe will allow us to broadcast it to DFs parents
and we would get a heartbeat bear.. soooo tempting! but... they wont do it until 20-24 weeks LOL my next ultrasound is 20 weeks anyway!!!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
May 13th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying to decide the same thing! Do I go back to the mall in two weeks or wait it out. They want me at 20 weeks for the anatomy scan. I need to be prepared early this time! I hope to carry full term, but who knows what the future holds! I could be put on bed rest really early as well.

May 13th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Chelsea....are there no places that will let you go earlier? Around here they say 16 weeks. I wouldn't pay at 20 weeks, cause your doc will do one then.

Laura, aren't you getting frequent u/s to check on you sch? Maybe they will give you a guess before your anatomy scan.

May 13th, 2013, 02:53 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would just want the pics to see baby grow from week to week but since I'm waiting to find out what were having til delivery day I'm no help
May 13th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love seeing peanut on u/s, but since your next one is just 2 weeks away, I suppose it would depend on the cost. Can you look on livingsocial or groupon to see if there are any deals in your area? I bought a full u/s package for just $37. At that price, I'd go every week, lol!

May 13th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Oooh good idea! I'm going to look! This one is $125, but they record the hb and put it in a bear. The gender determination is like $70 but they said they won't do that until 16 weeks. I guess I could call and see what they say.
The Aubrey likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
I did my gender ultrasound at 14 weeks 6 days. They said that they can usually start to tell at 14 weeks but to try to get as close to 15 weeks as you can. They got a great view to show there is no mistaking that he is definitely my little Levi! But they were unable to get a good pic...lol. He kept crossing his legs and covering with his hand so we were only able to get good peeks but nothing too great on film. I would say if you are dying to know then to try close to 15 weeks! But I wouldn't go any earlier then that due to so many guesses that could be wrong! Its up to you though.
May 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
I would probably wait too. Would you be disappointed if for some reason they weren't able to see the sex? That would be my worry!

I feel like we moved to the boonies bc when I tried to look up a place that did 3d ultrasounds the closest was an hour away!

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
May 13th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Veteran
That's a tough choice! I would probably wait for the ultrasound you're already having, since it is this month. Then you could spend that $125 on cute baby stuff, or a carrier, or decorations, or a massage for that matter! They did tell me at the NT, but that is making me crazy too because I'm not getting my hopes up until it's confirmed. I'm anxious for my anatomy scan, but I don't even have it booked yet!
May 13th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I would probably be disappointed. Especially for $125! I just called the college that I've been to before in Dallas, I had to leave a message so hopefully I get a call back and they have an appt available. This isn't always guaranteed that they will but at least ill try, and its only $35 so if I don't get to see gender I won't be too upset.

May 13th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For that price I would probably wait since it is only two weeks away lol. I understand wanting to know though! There is no place that will do it here before 20 weeks or I would definitely pay to do it before. It's totally up to you! If you had to wait more than two weeks I would say go for it but since you don't you could put the money towards something else for the baby

$35 is a lot more reasonable haha.
May 13th, 2013, 04:18 PM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
The place I'm going to the exact same! I'm going at 16 weeks though, they won't see you before that. I'd like to say wait, but I'd totally go for it. I have no patience.

Good luck with the college!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search