How's your hair???

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How's your hair??
Glorious and thick! Like a frickin' shampoo commercial. 3 11.54%
Ugh. I've been jipped. 9 34.62%
Hmm? I haven't noticed any changes. 14 53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Vote in the poll and then go more into detail below!

TTC #3!
May 13th, 2013, 11:53 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my hair is blah. lackluster, i feel gross, like its oily all the time.. and it feels brittle to me!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
May 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Super Mommy
I'm feeling pretty good about mine!! It's always been thick, but I can tell it's growing faster now, which I like since I'm growing it out!

May 13th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I do not have gorgeous preggo hair this time It's falling out like I'm 4 months PP, a little oily, and it's breaking more easily than usual. But I'm not surprised, my skin is also a mess. This baby wants me to look like crap, apparently
jillygeek likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 12:19 PM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't noticed a change...I need a haircut badly. I also really want/need to dye it! Boo.

May 13th, 2013, 12:23 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can tell it's growing faster, but other than that, not a big change. I can't wait until my next haircut.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
May 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thin as usual. But the sore spots on my scalp are a pain. I have to make sure I scratch lightly when I have an itch! And I use pretty tame shampoo to begin with (Paul Mitchell, Awapuhi - only stuff that makes my scalp not itch later in the day since I have oily hair).

Last pregnancy it got thicker, and I didn't have sore spots! Maybe I am carrying a boy - lol.

May 13th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I think mine is getting thinner! My hair has a thin texture but I have lots of it. Now all of a sudden I noticed one of my ears is sticking out of it a lot more often. @_@ can't wait to see what happens after I have the baby. Maybe I won't have any hair left!

TTC #3!
May 13th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my hair grows fast normally, and I dont really see any difference. But my hair is thin, and it was falling out a lot before being pregnant and until about a week ago it wasnt falling out so much, now it seems like its picking up again

May 13th, 2013, 01:04 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my hair is really thick and has grown alot. My beautican just commented today about how its growing so fast and for the last couple weeks it has been getting curly when I was it. That's new. My edged is usually so thin that they don't want to braid it but its as thick as the rest of my hair now.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
May 13th, 2013, 01:58 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No big changes here. Maybe not quite as oily which I like
May 13th, 2013, 02:09 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ooo i have the growth. its growing fast! has grown over an inch, maybe two inches since mid march!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
May 13th, 2013, 02:45 PM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
To be fair, most days I barely manage to get my hair washed, yet alone fixed so it's hard for me to tell. I just miss my long hair when I could just live in a ponytail.

May 13th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No real changes yet, but mine is so thick as it is and I get it thinned a few times a year anyway. I am desperate need of coloring it though! Thinking I will get rid of the highlights and just go back to my natural color for this pregnancy to make it easier.

May 13th, 2013, 03:20 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been going through my PP hair loss, since my baby was 4mo old. He will be 6mo old in a week or so, hoping my hair comes back strong again, lol. I have a TON of new growth coming in, probably from the new pregnancy!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's fine right now but it gets awful a couple months after I give birth and it stays that way for months! It starts falling out and it's hard to make it look decent. My hair doesn't really grow much during pregnancy which stinks cause I wish it did!
May 13th, 2013, 06:16 PM
breezy8283's Avatar Member
Mine is fine textured and doesn't usually get much past my shoulders without looking really fine and stringy. But I've been growing my layers out to keep as much bulk in the perimeter as possible and it's helped a lot! My hair is less oily (normally I was having to wash every day no matter what but now I can go every other day, could be easing up due to being 30 now too). It seems to be growing faster and I have more body in it. Finally my hair is behaving like I've always wanted! I'm enjoying it while it lasts!
May 13th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My hair is thick, but certainly not glorious. That's why it's in a pony tail 99% of the time.
May 13th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not much going on here on the hair front. It's pretty much business as usual

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
May 14th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My hair wasn't behaving, so I got it cut. Its back to playing nice. If my hair is cut right, I just blow dry and go. It flips out perfectly with next to no effort. If it takes more than 5 minutes, I'm not going to do it. I lived in pony tails before I cut it all off!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search