Still a secret

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else still not told of their pregnancy? I'm 15 weeks today and we haven't told a soul other than my kids and my mom. I find it's getting harder to hide but I just can't bring myself to tell people. My goal was to tell at 16 weeks, but now I think I'm moving that to 18 weeks...Then part of me says then I might as well wait til 20 weeks! I'm sure I'll be forced to tell my then! What's the longest you have waited to spill the beans?

May 17th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Veteran
Well, I only made it to 13 weeks before I let the world know (my husband had already told pretty much everyone he knew long before.)

However, I totally understand your concern about sharing and think you should just do what feels right to you. Or maybe only tell the people that you want the support of right here and now.

It's rude for people to ask if you're pregnant, so hopefully that will keep most from doing it! :-)

In my opinion, it's totally your prerogative and really no one else's business!
May 17th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I spill the beans to close family and friends right away, so I'm no help there - lol.

Honestly, I think it should be whatever you feel comfortable with. I can understand why you want to hold back as long as you can. Do what you feel is right, but obviously tell people that need to know once you're clearly showing!

May 17th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Super Mommy
I told some close friends last week. Now entering my 16th week, im thinking that ill tell everyone else when babies born!
May 17th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I've always told people right away but when it comes to myself I'm a horrible secret keeper lol.

You gotta do whatever feels right to you!

May 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
I told people right away but it is really a personal decision. If you are worried and it eases your mind to keep it a secret then keep it a secret.
May 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We've told close family and friends. I haven't made it Facebook official yet but that's only because I haven't gotten the family shot I wanted to announce with. I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow.

10 weeks

May 17th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know people who hide it until 20 weeks and annouce their pregnancy along with the gender! I personally could not wait that long. I wouldn't be able to hide it since I get so sick during pregnancy and everyone who knows me knows I'm only that sick for one reason lol. I understand you wanting to wait though. Do what you think is best for you!
May 17th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Veteran
I told people at 13 weeks bc there were contact precautions at school that I wasn't willing to risk me or the baby for...
May 17th, 2013, 11:50 AM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
Th only people that know are a couple close friends and my parents. They made the long drive with us from Chicago to Mass and I was super sick soo we were kinda forced to telling them! DD still doesn't know though. I have another appt Tuesday so maybe after then we will tell the rest of the family. We probably wot tell FB world until our anatomy scan.

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
May 17th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Super Mommy
I tell everyone I come in contact with as soon as I find out!! We just feel like no matter what may come, we want love and support from as many people as possible! Prayer is a powerful thing, whether it's wishing you through a healthy pregnancy, or praying for peace if the unfathomable happens! Totally a personal choice though!

May 17th, 2013, 12:38 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We told at 8 weeks after our ultrasound. I just couldn't wait and I showed right away.
May 17th, 2013, 12:40 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I finally spilled the beans to my kids at almost 15wks, it was Mothers day. This has been the longest yet for me. I wanted to make sure the first tri screening was all good. Although, anything can happen at any point, I wanted to start celebrating this baby with my WHOLE family. I could not hide it anymore anyway, I was tired of wearing over sized sweatshirts in 80 degree heat, lol. Do what is comfortable for you Stacie......telling people now that will always be there for support is comforting and celebrating might make you feel a little more connected in a positive way.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 17th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't either. Close family(parents and sister) and my closest co-workers (as they saw me being sick all day). I'm waiting, maybe at 20 weeks or so? I don't look at all preggo anyway.
May 17th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With my first I didn't tell my work until I was 12+ weeks (don't remember exactly). We had told our parents around 6 -8 weeks, we liked keeping our little secret for a bit. With the others, we told our parents fairly early on.

I agree, do what feels the most comfortable for you/your family.
May 17th, 2013, 01:22 PM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
We haven't told anyone outside of our immediate family and 1 close friend. I'm in the same boat as you in that you can tell that I'm pregnant. In fact, at my DD's dance class last week one of the moms point-blank asked me if I was pregnant. Of course I said yes and then she asked me if I was excited, etc. It was very awkward. I'm actually avoiding large family functions for the remainder of my pregnancy. I just, don't see a point in telling anyone until our daughter is born because before that point, I don't feel there's anything to tell.

Last edited by suziequep; May 17th, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
May 17th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Super Mommy
This was the longest I waited, and it was 3 days after my BFP LOL!

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
May 17th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't really told anyone. I honestly don't know when I will tell. I haven't even told my kids.

May 18th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Regular
I told close friends and family a few days after i knew and yold the fb world 2 days ago after my 12 week scan
May 18th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 16 weeks. We still haven't told.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search