Circumcision...yes or no?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 06:52 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I don't know. I'm don't want it and DH does. I'm not sure what we will do, but we decided to not talk about it until we found out. With DD we had several unnecessary fights about it, so I'll let you know around 25 weeks

May 19th, 2013, 07:53 PM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
Yes.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
May 19th, 2013, 08:42 PM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had DS done as an infant and we will again if this LO is a boy as well....it was up to DH and that is what he opted

May 19th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Insurance covered the cost for us
May 20th, 2013, 03:18 AM
seaside's Avatar Veteran
Yes. We're Jewish and following tradition. We had a Mohel (in the Jewish tradition a person who is certified to perform the procedure but doesn't have to be a Rabbi), but we chose someone who is also an M.D. (urologist & surgeon) do it. DS cried from being held in place, but after the procedure, went right to sleep as if nothing happened. We did ask he use a local anesthetic.

The procedure wasn't covered by insurance but was important for us it be performed by an expert because of horror stories we read.... Results are excellent as per several pediatricians.

Other than the religious view, our son has mild hydronephrosis (left kidney takes longer to clear urine, which thankfully is getting better) which puts him at higher risk for UTI's. Being circumcised makes it a little easier to keep things clean which is even more important for him than normally.

Other than that, it's a personal choice. Whatever u decide, better sooner than later.

Last edited by seaside; May 20th, 2013 at 03:30 AM. Reason: pregnancy brain typos duh
May 20th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Super Mommy
Yes-no question for us!

May 20th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Super Mommy
I had /have no opinion about this but my boyfriend is not and thought that we should not circumcise our son, so we didn't. If this baby is a boy, we won't circumcise him either.
MindyRambo likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 08:48 AM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
DH is not, so if we ever have a boy, he will not be either. I'm pretty much in the line of thought that he'll be able to show our son about cleaning and taking care of it, etc. so it's never been a discussion, just a given. My sister circ'd her baby boy though and before I met DH, I never really thought much about it. It really is a personal preference I think.
jillygeek likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope, we wouldn't. When we were pregnant with our first (which ended up being a girl anyway, lol) he was adamant he wanted a baby circ'ed... Until he researched it and was appalled. DH is, but I guess they did something weird b/c it messed him up.
May 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM
jillygeek's Avatar Veteran
my husband and I have decided that we're not going to circumcise because he wasn't and we're not Jewish. I have read and experienced that men who are circumcised have less sensitivity during sex. All you have to do is keep it clean.

Besides, having an uncircumcised husband, I think that his "manhood" looks alot more attractive than men who have theirs circumcised.

Ultimately, it's your preference!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search