Birth Plans

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Who plans on writing up a birth plan and have you started it already? My hospital actually has one that you can fill out online and print to bring along. Some of it is the "important" stuff, like medical interventions, etc, but some of it seems really frivolous to me, like how bright or dim you want the lights and do you want scented candles while in labor.

What are you ladies including in your birth plans?

May 29th, 2013, 07:46 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am just going to write down my rules about vistors and things I want done with baby. like waiting to give baby bath. I would like hubby to give first bath and if he don't want to or unable then I want to do it.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
May 29th, 2013, 07:48 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh yes im doing one!!! i didnt do one with ds 1, i did one with ds2 and forgot it at home... and i will do it now! lol... this time i have someone who is with me and will be my voice when im in too much pain to talk!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
May 29th, 2013, 08:04 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
anyone care to share thier birthplan when its done?

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
May 29th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never done one and don't plan to either. Although my labors have all gone pretty much the same....

#1: have contractions
don't dilate
walk for hours
get pitocin
still don't dilate
turn up pitocin
get iv drugs
find out water must have been leaking
still don't dilate
agree to epidural
finally dilate
have baby

#2 have contractions
water breaks on own
don't dilate
get pitocin
still don't dilate
get iv drugs
still don't dilate
get epidural
finally dilate
have baby

#3 go in for induction, find out I am having contractions already
don't dilate
get pitocin
still don't dilate
get iv drugs
still don't dilate
get epdirual
finally dilate
have baby

So if the dr would just let me have the darn epidural soon enough, maybe we could speed things along.
May 29th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll share mine when it's done. Mine is a natural birth plan. If I can find mine from last time, I'll just tweak it. Main points will be not offering me drugs, having skin to skin right after birth, and no bottles.

Oh, and limiting people in the room during the birth

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
May 29th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have one for my first because I was supposed to have her at the birth center, where they practiced everything I wanted (best laid plans).

This time, since I'll be in the hospital, and I don't trust nurses as far as I can throw them since they won't know me at all and I won't know them at all, I'll have one. The hospital actually has one online I can fill out, and I'll likely do that and bring it with me.

I saw the question about the lighting on mine too - lol. I was like, hm, idk. I could see it being important to some women though. I probably wouldn't want fluorescent lighting blaring down at me. When I was in labor in the evening, they did dimmer light, and I do think that's preferable for me, but it's more of a "in the moment" kind of thing.

I did like seeing on their form that episitomes are NOT routine. I'm still on edge about what the nurses will try to push on me, but I am happy that it's a baby-friendly hospital (if I have to do a hospital birth, that's what I'm going with).

May 29th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My birth plan is to lay on the table and get cut open lol. Oh and it involves some really good drugs!
CutlassDiva likes this.

May 29th, 2013, 09:36 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mine sounds a lot like Kalie's.....I will have a scheduled C so drugs, surgery, meet LO, DH goes off with them and I recover.....I am hoping breastfeeding works better this time, and hopefully LO is a bit smaller and less "hungry" and instant gratification like Wyatt was

May 29th, 2013, 09:49 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never wrote one up for my frist two labors. This time, my doula should know my every want and desire for the birth.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
May 29th, 2013, 12:55 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My des have more restrictions than I would have on my birth plan, but here it would be.

If labor does not start= section
I'm not allowed by my Dr to have an induction. I will have continuous monitoring since I have increased risk of rupture. The only option for me is drugs. I'm I the no thank you, but I now know most of them and feel confident about what I think is ok. I stayed really level during all of labor. I'm also in the same hospital as last time and the nurses we really nice and didn't push anything.

May 29th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still have mine saved from last year when I gave birth to my daughter so I will use that one again.
May 29th, 2013, 01:21 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure I know what to include (FTM). Is there an outline? Can you put things on it like...I want to be the first one to feed him/her? My friend had a C-section and by the time she got to her room, the nurse had already fed her baby for the first time. That kind of blows. I want my or my DH to feed my baby the first time. Is that reasonable or no?
May 29th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I need to talk with my OB about what I can expect this time. He helped me write up my birth plan before and followed it like it was a script! I have things like waiting for the cord to stop pulsing before its cut. Talking in hushed voices and no one is to count at me while I push. Delayed ointment in the eyes. Exactly who is allowed in the room before, during and in recovery. I allow the vit K shot, but no other shots. I write that baby should be with me at all times. If baby needs to leave my room, then my DH will be there. I state if baby is a boy he will not be circ'd.

At the top of my desires is to please get me an epidural as soon as possible!

Give your Dr a copy, put a copy in your file at the hospital and then pack a few copies in your bag. My third birth was perfect. My fourth was not! My Dr was out of town for the holiday weekend and I got the on call Dr. I gave him a copy, as well as the nurse, but nothing was followed. Some things I understood, others were just rude. My baby had a short cord, so they couldn't put him on me. Then he had breathing problems and whisked him away. They couldn't stabilize him, so the nurse grabbed him and ran to the nicu. By the time they got there he was fine and they brought him back, did all the vitals checks and length/weight, gooped up his eyes and finally brought him to me. I still blame that Dr. for his breathing problems. I showed up at 8 cm dilated and the idiot ordered pitocen! Against my knowledge it was given to me. He was doing just fine before that, but then his heart started decels and he went into distress. The nurse is freaking out when his hb couldn't be found and I pushed with everything I had and he flew into the drs arms. Now my birth plan will state that I'm not to be given any meds without consent if I'm able to give it! No Dr has the right to give you meds without your knowledge! I would never have allowed it. There was no need and could have killed my baby! still makes me furious that meds were given to me when there was no need and it hurt my baby!

May 29th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKC12 View Post
I'm not sure I know what to include (FTM). Is there an outline? Can you put things on it like...I want to be the first one to feed him/her? My friend had a C-section and by the time she got to her room, the nurse had already fed her baby for the first time. That kind of blows. I want my or my DH to feed my baby the first time. Is that reasonable or no?
Here's a link to the online one that my hospital provides. Maybe this will help you. https://www.floridahospitalaltamonte...rth%20plan.pdf
AmyKC12 likes this.

May 29th, 2013, 01:41 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! That's great! Thanks!
May 29th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Mine is just basically the same as what I did with Teegan:

Make it to the hospital on time
Get epidural
Have baby
Order pizza

The only difference being I was induced with Teegan so I was staring at my phone, willing the hospital to call me to tell me there was an open room. And then knowing I would be without food I ate a huge breakfast on the way up.

May 29th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will have one again. I've written one up with every baby. Doesn't always make it out of my bag, but I still feel it's a good idea to have one anyways

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
May 29th, 2013, 06:50 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to go to yr hospital ... That birth plan looked awesome.
smileymom03 likes this.
May 29th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just noticed the option to have a massage therapist come in and give a massage! I wonder if that's extra or if insurance covers it?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search