Team pink chat thread

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2013, 10:57 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownNotOut View Post
We painted our girls' nursery teal and have dark pink, lime green and white stripped curtains. The furniture will all be white and we'll use dark pink and lime green throughout the room. It's really bright, but I love it! Just makes me happy to be in there! Can't wait to get it more set up and take pictures!

I don't think we'll pierce ears as babies. I suspect we'll wait until their at least 6, but we'll see what they want.

Can't wait until they're here!
Aww your nursery sound like it's gonna be so cute. Can't wait to see pics. When do you plan to have the room finished by?

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
June 26th, 2013, 11:07 AM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
I'm jumping in late! I'm also still worried that baby girl might become baby boy. I have no experience with girly ultrasounds as all of my family and friends have boys!! My big u/s is on July 8th, so I'll feel more comfortable then.

I haven't really decided about ear piercing. I probably won't do it when she's an infant, but we'll see.

I also haven't decided on the color of her nursery. I'm a total slacker. Although I did tell the hubs that we're getting close...like halfway close and he didn't believe me. Now he keeps saying "We're halfway to baby-we better get working!" lol

I too love miraclebaby's nursery!!! <3 and DownNotOut that sounds sooo cute. I love lots of colors together.

I think I caught up on the conversation so far! Anyone else have a list of stuff to get done to make room for baby? Here's mine...

-Clear out basement and make it suitable for playroom (unfinished basement-thank god for pinterest!)
-Move playroom to basement.
-Move our room to playroom.
-Move DS to our room.
-Make DS room a nursery.

This means painting and redecorating all of those room too. yikes. I'm looking forward to it because we never really painted or decorated our rooms when we moved in, so it'll be nice to get that done now...but it's a lot of work...and..we're halfway to baby! LOL

We finally started going through some basement stuff last weekend. We're going to set a date for a garage sale and get rid of a lot of it in a few weeks.

June 26th, 2013, 12:53 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tbo I'm kinda in denial lol I keep going"I'm having a GIRL!" And just blowing myself away with that fact!!! I feel like an idiot with how shocked I am

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
June 26th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseamb View Post
Tbo I'm kinda in denial lol I keep going"I'm having a GIRL!" And just blowing myself away with that fact!!! I feel like an idiot with how shocked I am
I was like that too until I got it confirmed a second time so Im convinced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aubrey View Post
I'm jumping in late! I'm also still worried that baby girl might become baby boy. I have no experience with girly ultrasounds as all of my family and friends have boys!! My big u/s is on July 8th, so I'll feel more comfortable then.

I haven't really decided about ear piercing. I probably won't do it when she's an infant, but we'll see.

I also haven't decided on the color of her nursery. I'm a total slacker. Although I did tell the hubs that we're getting close...like halfway close and he didn't believe me. Now he keeps saying "We're halfway to baby-we better get working!" lol

I too love miraclebaby's nursery!!! <3 and DownNotOut that sounds sooo cute. I love lots of colors together.

I think I caught up on the conversation so far! Anyone else have a list of stuff to get done to make room for baby? Here's mine...

-Clear out basement and make it suitable for playroom (unfinished basement-thank god for pinterest!)
-Move DS to our room.
-Make DS room a nursery.

This means painting and redecorating all of those room too. yikes. I'm looking forward to it because we never really painted or decorated our rooms when we moved in, so it'll be nice to get that done now...but it's a lot of work...and..we're halfway to baby! LOL

We finally started going through some basement stuff last weekend. We're going to set a date for a garage sale and get rid of a lot of it in a few weeks.

the only thing i have to do is wash walls clean carpet in every room and put the dresser and chair together in baby room.
The Aubrey likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

June 26th, 2013, 12:59 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I had it confirmed the second time lol I just never though I would have a girl so I'm still in shock. I think! Lol

I guess I can semi spill the beans on my nursery plans!!! There will be fairies, butterflies, flowers and it will be magical<3

We have to empty the basements room though for Garrett to move into and then paint the babies room(wheree he's in now!) so lots to do
shana1979 likes this.

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
June 26th, 2013, 01:02 PM
chelsea better get busy just playing

do you ladies like these? I think they are real cute.
Amazon.com: 2 Pairs - Hot Pink & White - So Sydney Brand Barefoot Petals - Soft Wrap Flower Sandals: Baby

My Ovulation Chart

June 26th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Super Mommy
I'm late getting in on this action, but all I have to say is this baby better STAY A GIRL!!!! I will honestly freak out if it's a boy!! Haha! Big U/S is July 8th and we should know for sure. I won't be making a nursery since we still don't have the money to finish our upstairs! There is TALK of maybe finishing the room at the top of the steps that is completely open to the downstairs and just not heating/cooling it and seeing how it does temp wise just letting the downstairs regulate it. We'll see!

Oh, and those little sandals are PRECIOUS!!
The Aubrey likes this.

June 26th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Super Mommy
I can't seem to get in the mood to go shopping for girl stuff. I'm not very girly so it's hard when so much is in pink and I'm still so nervous to buy everything becuase what if the U/S was wrong and it's not a girl? I'm driving myself crazy and all the family comments "I'll believe it's a girl when she actually gets here" stuff it bumming me out
shana1979 likes this.

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
June 28th, 2013, 07:02 AM
hope everybody have a good day

My Ovulation Chart

June 28th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolicemansCowgirl View Post
I can't seem to get in the mood to go shopping for girl stuff. I'm not very girly so it's hard when so much is in pink and I'm still so nervous to buy everything becuase what if the U/S was wrong and it's not a girl? I'm driving myself crazy and all the family comments "I'll believe it's a girl when she actually gets here" stuff it bumming me out
Oh, I hate when people do that! If the ultrasound was wrong, then you'll deal with it! Until then just enjoy! I wish "other people" could just get on board with that!

I still have my moments of... what is one is a boy, but we've had two confirmations now and our Maternit21 test came back with no y chromosomes, so thinking we're pretty safe to move forward with girly stuff! :-)

There is a lot of pink out there, but there's also purple, and yellows and greens that are super cute. I've pretty much stayed away from the light pinks and only done dark pinks and other colors. It's possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aubrey View Post

-Move DS to our room.
-Make DS room a nursery.

Oh my! I can't imagine having that much to do!!! Sounds overwhelming! I'm struggling enough with doing our nursery and turning one of our downstairs bedrooms into a guest room (which really won't take much!)

I guess all you can do is take it one step at a time! Try to have some fun with it!!!
June 28th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclebaby2011 View Post
Aww your nursery sound like it's gonna be so cute. Can't wait to see pics. When do you plan to have the room finished by?
Thanks! I'm loving it! My DH is supposed to finish painting/clean up this weekend and then it will kind of depend on how quickly furniture arrives. We ordered the cribs yesterday so they should be here in a few weeks. Now for the dresser and glider! I'm also planning on making some bookshelves. I would bet by the beginning of August we'll have it done though. I'm too impatient to wait too long!

Here's a quick pick to give an idea of the colors. I can't get a good shot of the drapes because of the sun, but they're similar in the pink, white and green stripes!

June 28th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm getting one crib to start since it's going to have to go in my room. But when my son graduates and goes off to college next year, I'll buy another and move them to his room. And, then, I'll, no, my mom will decorate.

Introducing the Minis

June 28th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclebaby2011 View Post
chelsea better get busy just playing

do you ladies like these? I think they are real cute.
Amazon.com: 2 Pairs - Hot Pink & White - So Sydney Brand Barefoot Petals - Soft Wrap Flower Sandals: Baby
I don't know where you find this cute stuff. I'd be concerned about the reviews and the fact we are having winter babies so will probably have socks and feet covered. I do like this for when baby starts trying to touch their feet, I can see this being some kind of encouragement to get there.
June 28th, 2013, 05:20 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Well it's not official but most likely I'll be joining team pink!!! Hi ladies
LABs likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
June 28th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My diaper PUL came today! I can't wait to see them all sewn up into cute diapers! My zippers came as well, so I can finish up the newborn size clothes I made! Things are coming together!

June 29th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Hi, everyone! We just found out that we're having a girl a couple of days ago, and I'm so excited! Is anyone else going crazy shopping for girls' clothes? I haven't been able to stop looking at Etsy since I found out, lol. I've been looking at fall tutu outfits and Christmas outfits for photo shoots. This is the first chance that I've ever had to dress up a baby girl, and I plan to go overboard!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
June 29th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm looking like crazy but I promised I wouldn't buy until after the baby shower. My online shopping carts are overloaded.

Introducing the Minis

June 30th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolicemansCowgirl View Post
Where sis you get the it's a girl sign?

What type of symptoms bare you mommies having? For me it's still the moodiness. Breast are hurting again probably worse than the 1st trimester and my nipples are huge! This week I also noticed an increase in cm. My hips also pop when I go from laying to walking. I did have the nesting bug but that know where it go.

My Ovulation Chart

June 30th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Veteran
I finally bought a girl outfit today! From kohls for next summer. I soo want to buy pink stuff, but we're getting lots of hand-me-downs, and will have a shower, so it doesn't make sense to buy much. But I really wanted to get to pick out a few things! I'm slowly working on baby's room. Had to move out all my sewing stuff, etc. And I may have found the fabric for crib set. Yay!
June 30th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've got 16 newborn diapers made this weekend. I'm worn out! The newborn outfits are finished too. I just finished a decorative crochet edge on a flannel blanket. Things are coming along! I have all the basics for two newborns ready now!

I'm excited. I started cutting out my one size diapers tonight. I bought 9 pieces of waterproof PUL fabric. I thought I'd get 4 diapers per piece. I managed to get 5! So I have the outside fabric for 45 cute girly diapers! I cut out light pink with white dots tonight. I don't enjoy sewing diapers, but I'm excited about super cute diapers!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search