Team pink chat thread

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay ladies with girlies, post away!
June 25th, 2013, 12:33 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where are all the team pink mommies?! How are you feeling today?

I'm o.k. just extra emotional

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
June 25th, 2013, 12:57 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm exhausted ... And feel hungry all the time.. No idea why that is lately..
June 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I have my days where I'm tired but I mostly got the nesting bug. Have you started to get ready for baby yet? Have anybody started getting nursery ready if you will have one? What colors are you using?

My nursery is pink black and white. Zebra print I've been having a ball decorating

My Ovulation Chart

June 25th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't get a nursery. The baby will sleep in our room for a year and then we will have to rearrange kids. I'm debating if I should out Caitlin and Gracelyn together with a 10 year difference, or put the three boys in one room, because they have a bunk bed that also has a trundle that can pull out, or someone suggested I out Weston, 3, and Gracelyn in the same room. I just don't know what I'll do.

Btw we have a 4 bedroom house so 2,2,1 or 3,1,1 in a room.

June 25th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've just been looking over girly diaper printed PUL. So much fun! My boys diapers are forest green and blue. They have such cute prints for girls!!!!! I'm nearly excited to make diapers just for the fun fabrics! I'm going to show my DH my online cart when he gets home. As long as he doesn't hate any, I'm going to order tonight so I can get started! Lots of pink with a few other fun colors!

I bought fabric with matching ribbon to make car seat tents this afternoon. I should go throw it in the wash so I can work on them later.

June 25th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tomorrow everything is official. We had the NT ultrasound and it was clear it was a girl, but for some reason I think this anatomy ultrasound tomorrow will make me feel more confident about a girl.

I bought my first thing for baby, a rubik's cube rattle. I've said I'm going to have a really fu-fu girl this go around, so bring on the ruffles and lace!
June 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Laura girl diapers are adorable. I have a few pending on a co op for $4/each.
LABs likes this.

June 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmom4 View Post
I don't get a nursery. The baby will sleep in our room for a year and then we will have to rearrange kids. I'm debating if I should out Caitlin and Gracelyn together with a 10 year difference, or put the three boys in one room, because they have a bunk bed that also has a trundle that can pull out, or someone suggested I out Weston, 3, and Gracelyn in the same room. I just don't know what I'll do.

Btw we have a 4 bedroom house so 2,2,1 or 3,1,1 in a room.
How close in age are your boys? That's such a dilema. I think I'd want the oldest girl to have a space of her own. She's getting older and I can only imagine what life would be like for her with a toddler in the room. But then again, 3 boys in a room is a lot! When I was growing up though, my aunt put the 3 girls in one big room and 2 boys in another room. The older girls hated my younger cousin in the room with them but it all worked out. Let us know what you finally decide. I'm no help, just pregnant and rambling:-)
shana1979 likes this.
June 25th, 2013, 06:14 PM
lets see some of those cute bellies mamas!!

here is me a few minutes ago:17w6 d

i look tired.lol man it's been a long day

My Ovulation Chart

June 25th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Anyone going to get their daughters ears pierced? I had mine done when I was old enough, so two months, and I had Caitlin's done at 4 months. I couldn't stand to do it so I had Kyle go in (plus I was 17 they wouldn't let me do it!) and as I was waiting outside two ladies were talking about how wrong it was to do that to that poor baby...ugh she only cried when they clamped her ears, as soon as Kyle picked her up she stopped crying. I like getting them done young because they heal easier, she never had any issues with them and my niece got hers when she was like 6 and they got infected and closed up. Same with my second holes, I had them done 2 times and they got infected and closed. I was probably 12ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Books_kids View Post
How close in age are your boys? That's such a dilema. I think I'd want the oldest girl to have a space of her own. She's getting older and I can only imagine what life would be like for her with a toddler in the room. But then again, 3 boys in a room is a lot! When I was growing up though, my aunt put the 3 girls in one big room and 2 boys in another room. The older girls hated my younger cousin in the room with them but it all worked out. Let us know what you finally decide. I'm no help, just pregnant and rambling:-)
The oldest two are 22 months apart and the middle and youngest are 18 months apart, so the are all really close in age. I know having 3 kids in one room is a lot that's why I don't know what I will do, atleast I have a year and a half to figure it out. All their rooms are upstairs so I don't want to put the baby up there before then anyways.

June 25th, 2013, 06:22 PM
yes i hope to get them done early as possible. she will only wear real jewlry. i would to get her a bracelet also.

kalie i would probally put the 2 youngest together. your oldest will def need her own space.

My Ovulation Chart

June 25th, 2013, 06:57 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kalie I agree also the oldest will need own space. Also depends how your daughter feels sharing a room with her brother.

As far as ear piercing, I tried getting it some for my daughter at two months and the lady at the store chickened out and said "'I can't do it, I'm sorry she is too young" I was very disappointed and gave up the idea. Now she is three and am hesitant getting it done as she might be touching it so I will wait a couple years until she is old enough to understand to leave them alone

The colors for my baby's room will be pink and white and it is already decorated since Julia my three year old will be transferring to a bigger bedroom.
I love the pink and black color pattern miraclebaby mom has in her pictures!

Have all girl mommas revealed the gender yet to relatives ?
I just told people at work but not to family yet..
June 25th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I let my girls get theirs pierced when they were 8. They had no issues. I don't feel right making an important decision about their body. I let them choose. If I could do it again I'd wait until they were 10 so they could care for them independently.

I did buy beautiful infant bracelets for them. I need to be prepared for them to be identical and I thought it would be fun and easier to tell them apart. I've been told you can bathe them with them on. I got really nice ones that will hopefully last.

Kalie, that's a tough choice. I have a friend who had his baby brother in his room. It was so much work to get his parents up that he would wake with the baby, feed him and bottle and change him. Then wake up and head to school! I don't think I could do that to my older child! Now hopefully if you do it your baby is going to be older and sleeping through the night. I'd have no problem putting the three boys together if the baby is waking up. Its really a wait and see what the babies personality is like! What to do in the next yr though. If you want the three together, it would be best to start out that way. If the youngest two, maybe put the baby down for naps in the room and have a pack n play in your room. There are just too many choices!

June 25th, 2013, 08:36 PM
oh my daughter slept through a tornado warning where sirens were going off everywhere and I carried her downstairs, put her in the closet with us, she got up and walked to the couch and I had to carry her back to the closet and she was still sleeping, there is no way she would wake up to a baby lol but I would never make her either, like I said I will keep the baby in our room because I am a light sleeper anyways and just have done that will all of our kids even when they had their own rooms. I guess we just need to get into our own house and see how things pan out and maybe try to get Weston to sleep in the boys room at night and if its too crazy ill just keep him in his room and try again later. My daughter says she wants to share a room but I don't think she's going to see it as very fun once she's 12 or 14 and has a 2 or 4 year old in her room lol.
Yes I've told everyone that I know that this is a girl and I hope she still is a girl tomorrow at my U/S because ill have a lot of exchanging to do if not!

June 25th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I definitely get babies ears pierced. I can't remember when I got my daughters pierced but I know it was after a set of vaccinations. I found a jeweler who pierced a lot of babies ears. Had no problems.
June 26th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyDustMom View Post
Kalie I agree also the oldest will need own space. Also depends how your daughter feels sharing a room with her brother.

As far as ear piercing, I tried getting it some for my daughter at two months and the lady at the store chickened out and said "'I can't do it, I'm sorry she is too young" I was very disappointed and gave up the idea. Now she is three and am hesitant getting it done as she might be touching it so I will wait a couple years until she is old enough to understand to leave them alone

The colors for my baby's room will be pink and white and it is already decorated since Julia my three year old will be transferring to a bigger bedroom.
I love the pink and black color pattern miraclebaby mom has in her pictures!

Have all girl mommas revealed the gender yet to relatives ?
I just told people at work but not to family yet..
Thanks I revealed to mostly everyone I think would care and thanks I'm having a ball putting it together.

My Ovulation Chart

June 26th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Woohoo I just noticed another one of my flowers bloomed on my ticker and I have estimated only 22 weeks left to get ready for baby!! Well really more like 16-18 since I'm not going to my date!!!!!!!

Don't forget to post some of those girl belly pics!!!!!!!!

My Ovulation Chart

June 26th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Veteran
We painted our girls' nursery teal and have dark pink, lime green and white stripped curtains. The furniture will all be white and we'll use dark pink and lime green throughout the room. It's really bright, but I love it! Just makes me happy to be in there! Can't wait to get it more set up and take pictures!

I don't think we'll pierce ears as babies. I suspect we'll wait until their at least 6, but we'll see what they want.

Can't wait until they're here!
June 26th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
18+ week mommas:

Isn't it crazy that we are carrying all of our future generations right now? These little girls already have their eggs. How nuts is that?

I think the typical piercing time in my family is 1 month old. I'm sensitive to fake jewelry so I'll be looking to get hers pierced with gold studs if possible. I do want to get her a baby bracelet.

Thankfully, I don't have to worry about identical twins so I'll be able to tell them apart.

We won't have a nursery. I only have a 3/2 apartment and both teenage boys got their own rooms. So crib and stuff will be going in my bedroom. I don't mind-- makes it easier for feedings since I'll be healing from a c-section. Thankfully, I live not even a 5-minutes walk from my mom's house so she'll be able to help me a lot. She's over here right now redecorating my place. I think she's pretty excited about the babies now that I told her her guess was correct and that the babies will be staying. This will make her 2nd granddaughter/3rd grandson (4th-- brother has a step son).

Introducing the Minis

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search