Team blue chat thread

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mom as of boys, post away!
June 25th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
C'mon Team Blue lets REPRESENT!!!!! XD

Is this your first boy?

Boy specific questions:

What are you most looking forward to?

What are you most apprehensive about?

Where is your favorite place to shop for boy clothes?

What kind of "style" will you dress your little boy in?

Are you frightened about how much you'll be paying for car insurance in 16 years? XD

June 25th, 2013, 11:00 AM
MakeupMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole B View Post

Is this your first boy?

Boy specific questions:

Are you frightened about how much you'll be paying for car insurance in 16 years? XD

I love this!!

Nope, not my first boy. My handsome little man (pictured below) is 10 but has the heart and mind of an old man lol!

1. I'm just looking forward to holding and smelling my baby when November comes. Seems like the wait is so long.

2. I'm apprehensive about everything being fine when I deliver. I'm so nervous about finally holding a baby that has 10 fingers and toes and no other issues that its like I'm holding my breath. I'm also nervous about wanting to make sure my kids are ready to have another child in the house, especially my 3 year old. She's used to being the center of attention these days.

3. Favorite place to shop for baby clothes is Carter's and once he's a little older Children's Place

4. My baby boy's style will be all over the place actually. I don't have one particular style in mind, just cute.

5....Car insurance Don't mention it!! lol!
June 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes this is my first boy after 3 girls!!!

Buying lots of Blue stuff and cars! Being able to get away from the dresses and girly stuff!!

I don't know anything about little boys! I want to make sure to raise him the right way!

I haven't really started shopping yet so I'm not sure!

He will probably be a mix between prep and alternative. I love the little vests for church but have to have the cargo pants.

Oh my goodness I didn't even think about car insurance!! Sigh!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!!!

June 25th, 2013, 12:16 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This will be my 3rd boy.

Seeing the interactions between all brothers. My 6 year old has already told me everything he is going to teach his youngest brother!

Having a newborn with 2 other kids to take care of. The newborn stage, while wonderful in many ways, is also very demanding, and I know I've forgotten how much.

I love Crazy 8 (owned by Gymboree) and Carters. I shop around everywhere to find what I like. I also like Children's Place.

My kids probably dress more preppy than anything. They wear a lot of polos, sweaters and sweater vests and my oldest looks adorable in skinny jeans.

I am definitely frightened about car insurance. AND groceries.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
June 25th, 2013, 12:20 PM
MakeupMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
OMG! I absolutely love these! Our boys would be so adorable!!!

Cardigan Onesie and Bow Tie Onesie Set Green with by HaddonCo
June 25th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is this your first boy?

Nope #3! My little girl is going to stay the only princess in the house

What are you most looking forward to? Everything! Can't wait to have another little mommy's boy.

Hmm, besides the VBAC, not much.

Where is your favorite place to shop for boy clothes? Kohl's and Target!

What kind of "style" will you dress your little boy in? no clue, no particular style I guess.

Are you frightened about how much you'll be paying for car insurance in 16 years? XD....I don't even want to think about it!!! My oldest starts driving in 5 years!!

June 25th, 2013, 02:11 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is this your first boy? Nope, #5 for me

Boy specific questions: None, but I could answer alot, lol. Birth to 21yrs old, lol.

What are you most looking forward to? Mama's boy of course, lol. Best part of having boys!

What are you most apprehensive about? Them leaving to join the military one day like there older brothers. Fighting with his 11mo older brother, lol. Brothers can get pretty physical when there close in age......I do not miss that part!

Where is your favorite place to shop for boy clothes? I shop all over, lol. Jeans and t-shirt kind of mom.....I do like sweaters for the winter though. We only buy suits and dress pants for weddings/holidays.

What kind of "style" will you dress your little boy in? Oops, I guess I already answered this.

Are you frightened about how much you'll be paying for car insurance in 16 years? XD Nope, I have two already that went through this, they want to drive, they have to have a job to pay for insurance/gas. That's the rule, lol.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 25th, 2013, 02:11 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is this your first boy? YES!!!!!!! Yay!

Boy specific questions:

Everything! What does he look like? What will his personality be? And the toys! Boy toys trump girls toys in my opinion! Transformers and legos trump barbies (I had a million barbies, I can say that!)

Labor.

Wherever cheapest. This is my first baby so I haven't bought a lot. I like Kohl's, consignment shops, and I went to this awesome Carter's outlet store the other day!

Super heros and Star Wars just like his Daddy!

Are you frightened about how much you'll be paying for car insurance in 16 years?

I have to get over the cost of Daycare first!!
mindyjean likes this.
June 25th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is this your first boy? Nope. This will be my third but he's coming along with a sister who will be my first girl. Yay

Boy specific questions:

What are you most looking forward to? Holding him. Seeing his face. Feeding him.

What are you most apprehensive about? Failing as a parent.

Where is your favorite place to shop for boy clothes? Don't care for clothes shopping. Internet I guess.

What kind of "style" will you dress your little boy in? Not much into styles, comfy is best.

Are you frightened about how much you'll be paying for car insurance in 16 years? His oldest brother is working hard this summer to get his license so I'm already in freakout mode.

Introducing the Minis

June 26th, 2013, 06:09 AM
I guess i'll answer these too!

Is this your first boy? Nope #2 for me!

Boy specific questions:

Lots! I can't wait to see how my boys features and personalities will be the different and what will be the same. Teegan is the splitting image of his dad so i'm hoping this one looks at least a little like me! I also can't wait to see how they play together and am hoping the age gap won't be too far apart.

Not trying to be controversial or start a debate, but i'm not looking forward tot he whole circumcision thing again. We've made the choice to do it and in the long run it's one i agree with, but it's just really hard for me to tell the doctor that's what i want to happen when you baby is that new and you don't want ANY harm to come to them. First shots are awful too. ;_;

I like kind of funky stuff but am also pretty frugal....right now i like the Amy Coe for Babies R Us line, Target and Carter's has some really cute things for new babies too!

Probably a mix of preppy with rock/punk elements. And i like to dress newborn in really cozy, soft stuff. No baby jeans here! XD

I'm really into the idea of them paying for it themselves if they want to drive!

June 26th, 2013, 09:53 AM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is this your first boy? Yup, first baby period!

Boy specific questions:

What are you most looking forward to? Seeing how his personality develops and just lots of play time and snuggles. I had so much fun with my nephews when they were growing up, so much that I only wanted boys!

What are you most apprehensive about? The fear of the unknown and not knowing what to do. Basically every kind of basic fear of having a baby in general.

Where is your favorite place to shop for boy clothes? I don't have a favorite place yet!

What kind of "style" will you dress your little boy in? Not too preppy, cuteness with a little bit of edge.

Are you frightened about how much you'll be paying for car insurance in 16 years? I don't even want to think about it...but I know it will be here sooner than I think.

June 28th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you ladies give up?
June 28th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Hey I tried lol!

June 29th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Veteran

Is this your first boy?

Boy specific questions:

What are you most apprehensive about? Just having 4 kids...We like to be out and about so it's going to be even more time prep before we go

Where is your favorite place to shop for boy clothes? I'm all over. He'll get lots of hand me downs and most are Crazy 8

What kind of "style" will you dress your little boy in? Since it'll be winter lots of play sleepers

Are you frightened about how much you'll be paying for car insurance in 16 years? Nah since he'll be the third and I'm pretty sure if we're still in Cali the age limit for license's has been bumped to 18 or at least will be soon bc of all the under age accidents.
June 29th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Looks like many of us boy mommies are BTDT moms. A lot of the decorative/crafty moms are on Team Pink and they're talking about decorating nurseries mostly. I don't know if that has anything to do with the lull in our conversation. I don't have an artsy fartsy creative bone in my body beyond writing; that's what I do best.

If you are a BTDT mom, what is something that you did last time that you will not do this time? I won't leave the hospital without inquiring about circumcision.

If you are a BTDT mom, what is something you didn't do last time that you will do this time? I will attempt to breastfeed at least until 6 months. I tapped out at 3 months when the lil sucker bit down on me.

All moms: Will you do a family Christmas/Holiday/Seasons Greeting card this year? I never have before but I am thinking of doing a family portrait.

All moms: What is that one gift you're hoping to receive at your baby shower (if you're having one)? I would love to receive the crib but that's just wishful thinking. My second wish is to receive the tub with the spray hose I put on my registry.

All moms: What is that one gift you're hoping to not receive at your baby shower (if you're having one)? That blue tub that costs like $10. I got 3 of those my first baby shower.

BTDT moms: What advice could you give to a FT mom? If you're going to play Santa Claus, make sure only one gift come from the guy in red and the rest come from you. Santa got waaaay too much credit with my boys. That won't be happening again.

Oh and another thing, boys tend to need urgent care visits; they get into so much.

All moms: What is one question you would like to add and have answered? (I will count this as mine).

Introducing the Minis

June 29th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you are a BTDT mom, what is something that you did last time that you will not do this time? I won't supplement with formula if I think I'm not producing enough milk. I'll try some of the things I've learned since then, fenugreek, milk cookies, etc.

If you are a BTDT mom, what is something you didn't do last time that you will do this time? Learn to babywear! My friend is letting me try out and teach me how to use wraps

All moms: Will you do a family Christmas/Holiday/Seasons Greeting card this year? Absolutely! One of my good friends is a photographer and she does them every year. This time it will be newborn pics/Christmas cards

All moms: What is that one gift you're hoping to receive at your baby shower (if you're having one)? I would love a rocking chair or glider! I think I can talk my mom into getting it for us.

All moms: What is that one gift you're hoping to not receive at your baby shower (if you're having one)? Diaper Genie and a bassinet. Had them before and never used either!

BTDT moms: What advice could you give to a FT mom? Trust your instincts and follow your intuition. As worried as you might feel right now, you are the one that will know your baby best.
And for new moms of boys, ALWAYS remember to cover their weenies when you change them, otherwise you will most likely get a golden shower, lol!

All moms: What is one question you would like to add and have answered? Hmmm, not sure. After going through this 3 times, I feel like an old pro.

June 29th, 2013, 04:16 PM
If you are a BTDT mom, what is something that you did last time that you will not do this time? Stress yell at my husband i hope. I'm hoping to be more calm this time all around in general...

If you are a BTDT mom, what is something you didn't do last time that you will do this time? More baby wearing. Last time i only had the Baby Bjorn and it hurt my back too bad.

All moms: Will you do a family Christmas/Holiday/Seasons Greeting card this year? I highly doubt i'll be anywhere near that organized. XD

All moms: What is that one gift you're hoping to receive at your baby shower (if you're having one)? Not expecting a baby shower since this is baby #2 for me!

All moms: What is that one gift you're hoping to not receive at your baby shower (if you're having one)? (see above)

BTDT moms: What advice could you give to a FT mom? Do NOT beat yourself up if breast feeding doesn't work out. There's so much pressure to breast feed and it's not always an easy thing to accomplish for a million different reasons. Formula is not rat poison.

All moms: What is one question you would like to add and have answered? hmm...i'm not really sure at the moment!

July 1st, 2013, 08:03 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
gonna be joining you ladies

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
July 1st, 2013, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to team Blue! Hope he stays a little boy for you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search