Team green chat thread

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Woke up hungry and had a cold piece of pizza while I packed hubby's lunch.

Hanging out for a bit, then it'll be off to swim lessons, home for lunch and my grandparents are dropping off our BEEF! , then off to the library for #1's book club, then some bowling, then home for dinner and if it stays dry, more finishing work on the play set!
Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by ~Kris~; June 27th, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
June 27th, 2013, 06:17 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Busy day for you! I plan to completely empty and switch our upright freezer and deep freeze... I want to put all our beef and pork and other meats in teh deep freeze, and I've been scouring Pinterest for ways to organize a deep freeze... so we will se how it goes!
June 27th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My upright freezer has a basket instead of a bottom shelf and it's perfect for the tubes of ground beef and usually the odd shaped roasts that won't stack. Then I have room for the steaks YUM! and other containers of ham, chicken, etc on the shelves. Then on the door I keep veggies, frozen juices, whipped cream, etc stuff that doesn't have to be in the coldest part!

This will be the second time we've gotten beef and I loved it the first time! Forced me to try some new cuts, some of which we didn't like, but it's not too big of a deal, because my grandma and grandpa usually end up liking those (they'll eat anything!) so we just swap with them for more ground beef. Between them and my sister, we split the whole cow and then just figure out amongst ourselves who owes what. Even getting some extra ground beef vs some of the different cuts we don't like that would normally go for more money in the store, I feel it's a better deal overall. Even ground beef has been expensive here lately, usually only going on sale for $3.99/lb! That's just crazy!

I've thought about getting part of a pig, but I don't know how the pig gets split. We LOVE bacon and ham, but aren't real fans of pork chops. I need to do some more research on it.
June 27th, 2013, 08:01 AM
That's what we do too.... we get a whole beef and pig and then split it with friends or family... it's AWESOME because we're set for like a year and never (well, not very often!) buy meat other than chicken breast and shrimp.

The upright has baskets on the bottom, but I want to put all my freezer meals that I make ahead of time in that one so it's easier for me to see and grab... veggies may get tossed in those baskets
June 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
I'm excited that we got the kids' swing set almost done tonight! It's been a long project!!!
Nice! I remember when we did ours. It took three guys and two full days. Though I think the beer drinking may have slowed them down.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

June 27th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I will bring a boy and girl outfit to the hospital like I did with my other kids. The nursery is already painted two shades of green and I have the lavender accents from my girls. If its a boy we will add navy accents. Although since its my third I'm not feeling as much need to go decorating crazy.

I need to start looking at names because it's always so hard for me to decide!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
June 27th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Heartburn sucks!
June 27th, 2013, 08:03 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
^^ ugh I got some too tonight!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
June 28th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
And I will probably regret it, but I want the leftover pizza for lunch!!!

I am really thinking this baby is another boy! I didn't have nearly as much heartburn with my daughter!
June 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a long day! We've been going, going, going since 8 am! I am going to sleep so well tonight!
June 30th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My Little Miss Muffett is sick. Throwing up starting this morning.
July 1st, 2013, 11:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Where are the rest of my team green ladies???
July 2nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bueller? Bue....lller?
July 2nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! We've been away on vacation but we're back and still team green! I see that you were talking about nursery colors. I just painted DVD's a couple of years ago and I love it and can't being myself to paint over it. We are going to paint another room for her- her big girl room-and recycle the nursery. Its totally neutral and so cute! Its a circus theme and the walls are red and white striped. I'll post a pic sometime.

10 weeks

July 2nd, 2013, 06:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like a fun nursery! We used the nursery at the old house for all 3 kiddos. Moved the boys to the other room when they moved into twin beds.

This LO will be sharing our daughter's light purple room. I guess I wasn't thinking too clearly when I agreed to let her pick purple. Probably because it's my favorite color too. We have another bedroom in the finished lower level, but I don't think I am ready to put the boys down there yet. The boys' room wouldn't have room for a crib, glider, and changing table/dresser because they have book shelves and a dresser in there already. So it just makes more sense to leave baby with our daughter.
July 3rd, 2013, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We skipped my son's running class this morning since it is raining and the kids were cranky! Last time it rained they got stuck in the gym ad it was chaotic, so decided to take the morning off. I ave so much I should be doing, but I am seriously lacking motivation!
July 3rd, 2013, 07:16 AM
Same here! I gotta run to my new office to do a few things. It's only a 20 minute drive but I just have no motivation. We are going to be fine today thru the rest of the week doing a mini vacation so I have lots I would like to do today! Ugh. Seems like I say that everyday and all I end up accomplishing is a nap.
July 3rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's been raining daily here for weeks! Ugh. So sick of it. We have to go to a cookout with dh's family later. I so don't feel like it. But we planne it for today Dothan we wouldn't have to go anywhere tomorrow when dh will havethe day off. I'm totally sleeping in!

10 weeks

July 8th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hotpinkheels....remind me of your name, please! I swear I used to be so good with names and remembering all kinds of things.....now, not so much! What will your new selfemployed job be?

We had some rain this morning, but it has turned out to be a beautiful day!
July 8th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is so hot out I can't stand it! It's been 85-90 for the past two weeks and its rained nearly every day so it's super muggy. Ugh. I don't want to do anything.

10 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search