The Perils of Being a Gemini

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Minilegs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm scheduled for a c-section at 37 weeks. C-sections are all I know, having had one for both of my other births. So when I first talked to my OB, I told him I wanted a c-section.

Now, I'm not so sure.

I'm thinking I want to try to the VBAC. I was supposed to do it with my second son but I changed my mind after a nurse refused to give me an epidural and I got stuck at 7 for hours. I prayed for a c-section and, lo, I had to have one.

Now I'm thinking if the kids come earlier than my planned date, I might want to labor it out if I'm able (medicated of course). These are my last kids and I've had quite an experience with this pregnancy already, why not go for The Big Push?

Only...then I'm scared.

Why must I be such a Gemini? Always changing my mind.

Introducing the Minis

June 28th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think with having twins and never having had a vag birth before, I would definitely talk to your OB to get their thoughts on it.
June 28th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I may. Chances are it won't matter because I'll chicken out again anyway.

Introducing the Minis

June 28th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With twins they will demand you have an epidural placed. Meds would be optional. You have to deliver in the operating room anyway. I'd talk to your Dr about trying to push them out. Basically the only thing is they would have to wait for you to dilate. If it doesn't work, then you are all set up to take the babies out by c/s. I guess it depends on the reason for previous c/s, position of the twins and how they tolerate labor.

Recovery will be easier if you are able to push them out. I'm worried about needing a c/s in the end and taking care of twins while recovering from major surgery! It would be seriously inconvenient!

June 28th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would totally talk to my doctor about it!! Why did you have planned C-sections before? Like PP said recovery with Vaginal births is soooo much easier and being that they will already place an epi you should be good

June 28th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first two births were C section as well. Pre e and PIH so he had to come early. I pretty much agonized over the whole VBAC thing myself. Of course with this one, I'm wanting to try a VBAC as well but, I won't get the chance because I still have the high BP issues not pregnant. Good luck with whatever you choose.

An online friend from my previous DDC had her first via C section and pushed twins out a few months ago through a VBAC and said she was really glad she was able to do it. You never know
Lotsakids likes this.
June 28th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm...with hbp I may not get the chance to anyway.

Neither doctor had any concern as to why I had c-section with my other two (both were unplanned cs); they don't consider breach (DS1) and cord wrapped around neck (DS2) an issue for this pregnancy. Now the high blood pressure, that's a different issue.

I'm thinking about recovery time with two as well. With my other two, I lived with my mom; now I live alone w/ just my two sons though my mom lives down the street. I'm also thinking about breastfeeding but that's all dependent on how early they get here; I figure it would be easier if they're full-term. But then I think about how much breastfeeding two would entail. Just so many unknowns.

Introducing the Minis

June 29th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No harm in asking, as Laura said you will be delivering in the operating theatre, & will have an epidural anyways, so why not?

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search