Twin Mommies

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is the kind of growth progression we have to look forward to. Oy! The difference between 17w and 23/24w.

This is just proving to me that whatever I have to get done, I have to do it NOW (within the next couple of weeks) before I can't even sit up and function. The sad thing is I move so slowly now and get dizzy and winded doing simple things. Then I have to take a break to eat. Then I can't sit up b/c there's food in my belly. Then the cycle begins again.

*her blog is interesting as well

Introducing the Minis

June 29th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Scary isn't it! I'm already in full panic mode. I have this month to get ready. Between the possibility of bed rest or simply being too big to function, its approaching fast! I've got newborn clothes made, receiving blankets ready for a crochet edge or use as they are, and I started cutting out 16 more newborn diapers last night. I hope that they are done this weekend and I can start on my one size diapers. I need to make the car seat tents/canopies somewhere in there and order a second infant seat. I need to get newborn and 0-3 month onesies in there too. I'm lucky that I don't have too much to do/buy as I have all our baby stuff from the others. I just need to change gender over to baby girl!

June 29th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know whether to buy newborn or preemie clothes, so I'm holding off-- not gifted with a sewing hand. My mom's been visiting this week to help get my house in order (I haven't cleaned since getting pregnant due to fatigue & sickness); now that I'm able to function, I move like a sloth. Thankfully she's been understanding but it's frustrating; I'm not a person used to moving slow. And now that I see what to expect, I know that there's fire under my feet to get finished, especially with the uncertainty of time of delivery and/or the possibility of bed rest. I'll see what August brings.

Introducing the Minis

June 29th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH and I just spent hrs going through old girl clothes! I can't find any 0-3 month things. I loaned them to my bff and she said she returned them, but we can't find any. She just moved and didn't find them either. My 3-6 month clothes will be bare bones, but I've got some things she didn't like. Once I get to 6-9 it gets insane. I'm exhausted, but better prepared.

June 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Veteran
Wow, about 28 weeks starts to look pretty bad! I can't believe she carried to 38! I'm hoping that she looks particularly huge in part because she's pretty tiny, but not even sure how she was standing at 38 weeks!

We had a woman in our multiples class that was 34 weeks and she didn't look too much bigger than any pregnant momma! She ended up delivering at 34.5 weeks and she'd been pretty miserable for several weeks.

I'm kind of wishing my baby shower was sooner so that I'd have more time afterwards but before likelihood of bed rest etc goes up. I'll be 26 weeks at it and I'm afraid I won't be able to do much moving!
June 29th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you twin mamas are able to ask for help from your family and community- don't be afraid to! I actually remember being 39 weeks pregnant (with one) and scrubbing the floor of an expectant twin mama who'd been put on bed rest. I was desperately trying to go into labor so I wouldn't be induced, but I was also still happy to help.
June 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope you ladies can bake those twins for awhile, even though you will probably be uncomfy! Don't want to see them have to be in the NICU! I have a friend who delivered 1 oz shy of 14 lbs of twins!
June 30th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Total, right?

Introducing the Minis

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search