Classes

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Txmom4
  • 1 Post By shana1979
  • 1 Post By smileymom03
  • 1 Post By smileymom03

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to register for Fall Semester already next week! This break has gone by way too fast! But I did get lucky and find the 2 classes I need with the professors I want. I've had both of them in the past and know that they are super easy-going and won't mind if I need to miss a few classes. Now, if I have have the baby close to my due date, that would be awesome because the school is closed the week of Thanksgiving. My mom will be here the week after to watch the baby while I have class (if I feel up to going) and hubby already agreed to take off the following week so I can go in and take my finals! I hope I'm up to all of this!! It's hard enough without being pregnant or having a newborn.

June 29th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't even imagine having a baby in the middle of a semester AND having 3 other kids! You are super woman!
Minilegs likes this.

June 29th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with it, DDB. I start the first of my last four classes on the 8th (this pregnancy threw me off by two classes). I hope I can keep up with the class-a-month thing because I need to graduate by the first week of November; there's no telling how raising twins will throw me off. Hopefully, they don't come before the last week of October. The school is letting me walk with my scheduled graduating class in September ( should have been my date for real). Got my cap and gown yesterday. I'm going to be as big as a house. Hope it'll fit but I'll be 27/28 weeks looking like 35 or so.
smileymom03 likes this.

Introducing the Minis

June 29th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I hope baby comes right on time!

June 29th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I agree, you are a super woman!

June 29th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Superwoman is the right name for sure! Good luck!! I hope baby has perfect timing!

June 29th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Wow, it sounds like your life will be really busy! I'm glad that everything seems to be working out. What program are you in (if you don't mind my asking)?

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
June 29th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum_Leap View Post
Wow, it sounds like your life will be really busy! I'm glad that everything seems to be working out. What program are you in (if you don't mind my asking)?
Well I had originally started out in the RN program, but then got nervous because I saw how long it was going to take me to finish my prerequisites, so I had switched to the LPN program in January. So I actually finished the pre-req's for LPN, but now I am going BACK to the RN program because there is no way I can go back full time to do my clinicals in January. So, I'm just going to take my time and finish the last 5 or 6 classes I need to start the RN, and maybe take a few more to go towards my Bachelor's rather than the Associate's. If I just wait and put off school altogether, then I'll have to start paying off my student loans. It's not much, but once I get into the Nursing program, I should be able to find a hospital to pay them for me And with this little one on the way, I'll get a bigger Pell Grant too, yay! I'll be taking Developmental Psychology and College Algebra in the Fall. I got A's in both of the other classes that I had taken with the same professors, so hopefully it will go just as smoothly this semester too!

Shana, what are you going to school for?
shana1979 likes this.

June 30th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! Are you wanting to go to work or continue to be a SAHM after you Finish your classes?

Ack, I just realized I will be in a similar situation. Hubby teaches 2-3 classes (1 is online) every spring and fall, so that means he's gone 1-2 nights a week in addition to his regular job and then has homework to grade, student questions to answer, etc. luckily it only last 8 weeks!
June 30th, 2013, 06:54 AM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Good for you!! You must have endless energy - I got tired just reading your post! Good luck with everything I hope the timing works out.
June 30th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileymom03 View Post
Well I had originally started out in the RN program, but then got nervous because I saw how long it was going to take me to finish my prerequisites, so I had switched to the LPN program in January. So I actually finished the pre-req's for LPN, but now I am going BACK to the RN program because there is no way I can go back full time to do my clinicals in January. So, I'm just going to take my time and finish the last 5 or 6 classes I need to start the RN, and maybe take a few more to go towards my Bachelor's rather than the Associate's. If I just wait and put off school altogether, then I'll have to start paying off my student loans. It's not much, but once I get into the Nursing program, I should be able to find a hospital to pay them for me And with this little one on the way, I'll get a bigger Pell Grant too, yay! I'll be taking Developmental Psychology and College Algebra in the Fall. I got A's in both of the other classes that I had taken with the same professors, so hopefully it will go just as smoothly this semester too!

Shana, what are you going to school for?
I say acquire your associates while heading to the bachelor's so that you'll have a marker of accomplishment. It'll be like step one over now on to step two. That's awesome that you've not let mommyhood slow you down in pursuit of your goals. There's a saying that goes something like, "Don't worry how much time it will take to do something; the time will pass anyway."

I'm completing my Masters in Education Media Design & Technology at Full Sail University online. I have to keep telling myself there are only four more classes to go and stop dwelling on the fact that I should have been down to two. If we had caught on to the lack of oxygen reaching my brain earlier, I would have been able to function. I thought I was just having pregnancy brain. Nope, I needed to go on blood pressure medicine and now I feel fine. Grrr. Oh well, there's a purpose and a plan to everything, right? Right? At least they're letting me walk in September. I was thinking of letting the kids go to a theme park in Orlando when I go up there but there's no way I'm putting myself through that if I'm already starting to feel miserable now. We'll see is my answer.

Introducing the Minis

Last edited by shana1979; June 30th, 2013 at 07:07 AM.
June 30th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The school I go to has a concurrent program for getting your AS while working towards your BS at UCF, so I will be getting both! It's going to take me a while still to finish my degree now that I'm going for my RN, so my older kids will be really old by then, and I'll just work a few nights a week when I graduate, so I don't miss out on too much time with this little man. That's one of the perks of being a nurse, super flexible schedules!
shana1979 likes this.

June 30th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Erin1826's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh, I don't envy you, but I can completely empathize! I finished my master's while working full-time and pregnant and then home with a newborn. Then I just had to take 11 accelerated courses this past school year also while teaching NEVER EVER going back to school!

Good luck! Just take it one day at a time and it will soon be over.
June 30th, 2013, 01:43 PM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't even imagine trying to do all that...you are amazing!

June 30th, 2013, 04:19 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you! School was hard enough for me with OUT children and being pg!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search