purchases

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2013, 12:23 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What has everyone bought so far for baby? Do you plan on making any big purchases anytime this month for baby? Do you even know what you want, or still researching brands/models?

July 1st, 2013, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've bought a few toys and made blankets and clothes. I need to order another infant seat. I know what I want, but will probably wait a month or two before purchasing it. I have to buy it online anyway. I need to buy fabric for diapers still. I'll look today. I need to start making a ton of them. Its going to be a lot of work to make enough for two!

July 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Veteran
Our shower is in August, so I'm trying not to buy too much this month! I've already ordered most of the basic furniture we need, but I know we'll likely get a rocker/glider this month and room decorations. Everything else I'll try to hold off to see what we get from friends/family.
July 1st, 2013, 12:52 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I feel like I don't have anything but that's totally not true lol. It's probably just because we haven't started the nursery yet and I've been focusing on furnishing the finished basement. And the baby isn't even going to he in the nursery right away so I don't know why I feel that way! I guess it will just make it more, "real".

July 1st, 2013, 01:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just bought a single stroller to use now with our daughter and eventually with this baby after we don't need the double anymore.

We bought a set of bunk beds so we could get our daughter out of the crib.

But other than that, nothing else. We have enough!
July 1st, 2013, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I havnt purchased a single thing. I don't really need anything so basically I just need to get everything out of storage and cleaned.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
July 1st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We will be purchasing the crib and carseat this month probably. Other than that I've bought some clothes, headbands, booties, and a blanket. We have absolutely NOTHING for a baby! lol We are starting over completely!

July 1st, 2013, 01:16 PM
NapturalBritton's Avatar Veteran
Idk why but the last week we have been buying like crazy! Lol we just ordered the crib, changing table and dresser & the swing & bouncer. My MIL has already said she's buying the car seat & stroller as well as the baby video monitor I want. We have the bedding set, blankets, burp clothes etc. so most of the major stuff is on the verge of being covered but all the little things we're hoping for at the shower.
July 1st, 2013, 01:45 PM
bumbleboo12's Avatar Super Mommy
ugh I feel like I haven't gotten anything. I have a swing and some clothes. We still need everything else. I am trying to hold out to see if I can buy some cheap used things from friends/acquaintances who have had children recently.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 1st, 2013, 02:29 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still have not bought a single dang thing. However, after the anatomy scan on the 9th I am immediately purchasing all the nursery furniture I have just been waiting to buy!
July 1st, 2013, 04:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bought a pack 'n play and a few outfits. I'm holding off until after the baby shower then I'll fill in the blanks on whatever I need. I have my eye on the Baby Trends double stroller and the car seats to match. Target has them cheaper than Babies R Us.

Introducing the Minis

July 1st, 2013, 05:02 PM
Super Mommy
I've only gotten a few gender neutral shirts/pjs from garage sales. I'll be needing/getting more clothes once we know baby's gender. Since I thought we decided to stop with the last one and DH had a change of heart at the last minute, I had been giving all the clothes to goodwill!
July 1st, 2013, 05:02 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Nothing yet... Will get a coming home outfit for sure (have one in mind to order) and on the official u/s day to confirm probably pick up a few things! Luckily I have everything pretty much big and small... Will just do the nursery!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

:

Expecting #4 Can't believe we caught the first egg! ~.*PiNk Baby Dust ViBeS*.~
July 1st, 2013, 05:20 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a few outfits when we found out the gender. A friends gave us a swing, changing table, chest and exersaucer. Don't know if we will buy anything big...my last paycheck comes on Friday so we have to be strategic on purchases.
July 1st, 2013, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not too much of anything really. Diapers, wipes, bath stuff, and ordered swaddling blankets and bibs from the co-op so far. I'll probably wait til August when my big kids go back to school to do a lot of the shopping. Too much hassle to take 3 kids along!

July 1st, 2013, 05:54 PM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
I bought a few outfits...that's about it. I'm such a slacker!

July 1st, 2013, 09:16 PM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have gotten some clothes at garage sales, and today I bought the Ergo baby carrier I wanted at Marshall's for half price brand new....yay!

July 2nd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have not bought a single thing. Probably won't until Sept or Oct. We still have most everything from our first
July 2nd, 2013, 06:26 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still need everything... crib, changing table, rocker, swing, pretty much everything Trying to wait until after my shower ... maybe in Sept DH and I can get away for a weekend and do some serious baby shopping
July 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i know exctly what i want for most things except crib!!! i hate that most done do drop down sides now i love the drop down!!!! so i have a few i like and i have to make a desision on. but my grandmother is going to help us pay for the crib! i know the travel system i want and all that!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search