Absolutely Miserable!!!!

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By chelseamb
  • 3 Post By LABs
  • 1 Post By hotpinkheels
  • 1 Post By Christina642
  • 2 Post By Angelgirl30
  • 1 Post By MakeupMommy3
  • 1 Post By Myopia
  • 1 Post By AmyKC12
  • 1 Post By ~Kris~
  • 1 Post By Quantum_Leap
  • 1 Post By Erin1826

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to B*tch for a min!!
I dunno if anyone has been to alberta canada, but we have pretty mild weather!!!
in gthe winter it gets to be sometimes with windchill as cold as -40C or colder which is around roughly -40 as well in F...
ok so cold winters, which last from october-march sometimes april! we had our last snowfall this year in may i beleive...
our summers are generally only 2-3 months long and we are generally around 15-25 degrees c which is 59-77F give or take... even our +30 weather (86F) is nice because we have what they call a chinook which blows amazing winds over our area!
yesterday was 28...... no wind, scalding , high humidity warning 28C (82.4F) not HORRIBLE but uncomfertable.....
today.... ITS FREAKING 35c (95F)
I AM NOT USED TO THIS!!!!! I AM HOT AND GRUMPY AND UNCOMFERTABLE!!!!!!
that is all! now off to the basement for me to veg and plant my uncomfy mommy rump!

(i took the kids to the movies today because they were air conditioned... i spent 74$ to use the **** AC!!!we walked out of the theatre into a wall of humidity that literally sucked the air out of our lungs.... )

I know there are some of you who live in hot areas, but ****... i feel for you, we are being warned for a freaking heat wave
The Aubrey and Myopia like this.

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
July 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! It gets over a hundred here, but we expect it and have central a/c. I'm staying quite comfy inside. I hope you stay cool. As a kid I remember going to the grocery store and hanging out in the refrigerated area. Put a tray of ice cubes in front of a fan if you have low humidity. Poor mans swamp cooler!

July 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it's been about 85 F here lately, but our humidity disappeared which makes it SO much more bearable!!
chelseamb likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel for you. Our weather around here ranges from 45F in the winter to usally around 8o in the summer. We do get a lot of rain during the winter time though. Anyway this last week its been high 80's with no wind at all. It sucked the life out of me. My house gets so hot its miserable. It feels as if it's 200 in the house alone. Most houses around here don't have AC well because there is no need. I have been dying.
chelseamb likes this.

July 2nd, 2013, 01:40 PM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
It gets over a hundred here too and being in Georgia our humidity is INSANE! I'm dying as well and ready for summer to be over but it is just beginning!! Our hottest months are July and August. I miss living in Virginia! It was still hot there but no humidity so it was better!
chelseamb and AmyKC12 like this.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!!!

July 2nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
it is SOOOO rare up here for a house to have central air, because its really only unbearably hot for about 3 weeks or so... but some of the new houses are coming with it... to get one installed, it would be over 4k... we canNOT afford that with a baby on the way!!! we have been getting cloths cold with water and freezing them, so we can like put it in bed with us when we sleep lol.. and we close up the windows during the day to keep the heat out, and open them once the evening comes...

i used to be so adaptable when i was younger to heat.. but lordy i am a wimp now!

[IMG]
July 2nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
MakeupMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
I wish! for some reason it is unseasonably cold here is Chicago. On a good summer day its usually about 95F (35C) and I love it. My hubby and DD don't care for it as much but my DS and I, we live for the summer. SO please send some of that heat wave this way lol! That's why our future plans are to move south like Georgia or Texas, I need the heat..
chelseamb likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 02:42 PM
Super Mommy
I am not a fan of the heat. I just dont like it. Sorry and thats from someone who lived in Saudi Arabia!
Hope it cools down soon. On the upside... theres always September O_o
chelseamb likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Oh September!!! Even mid August here lol but.... DF is installing our old AC !!! He said it couldn't be done!!!! But he's removing the windows right now!

[IMG]
July 2nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am with Heather! I live in Georgia too and the humidity is out of control!! You can't breathe outside in the middle of the day. Thankfully we have air conditioning!

Drink lots of water Chelsea! And cold compresses.
chelseamb likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope that gives you some relief!
chelseamb likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
My DH and I went camping in Alberta for one entire summer when I was pregnant with my first. I remember that it actually seemed kind of cold and that it rained a lot of the time. Adjusting to the difference in weather this year must be really tough, if it's not what you're used to. Hope you can get some relief soon!
chelseamb likes this.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
July 2nd, 2013, 07:11 PM
Erin1826's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel you, Chelsea! I live in one of those hot areas you spoke of. It got up to 114 a couple of days ago. The thing is though, since we don't deal with a lot of humidity, many of the homes here only have a swamp cooler (not A/C). Swamps are completely useless when it's much more than 100 out. Stay hydrated! That's what I'm trying to do here.
chelseamb likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're getting in Seattle too. 93* two days ago, and I thought I would die- Plus I had the worst heartburn ever and had to take a middle of the night trip to the drugstore for it. However, the AC in the drugstore felt AMAZING and I stayed for about 30 minutes.

I'm doing the windows/fan dance too, and another thing that can help is spraying down the roof of your house (which I did on the hottest day). Or air mattress in the basement .

I'm from Mississippi originally, but I was NOT cut out for the heat.
July 2nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Try to stay cool! I live in south Louisiana, and it's pretty hot and humid down here. We would die without central air. And as much as the heat sucks, I much prefer it to cold weather.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
July 2nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
I just had a cold shower, don't think I've ever done that before lol

[IMG]
July 2nd, 2013, 08:14 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in Ontario Canada and let me tell you it's been the most cold and rainy summer. We are all waiting for the usual hot summer but its not happening and already July. So have no idea what is up with the weather here in CAnada this year very unpredictable. Chelsea I hope it cools down soon for you as I can't stand the heat myself especially pregnant!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search