I hate

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
pregnancy. Like really really hate it, but I must have forgot how much I hated it or I wouldnt be here right now. I have a low pain tolerance, I always have but I am in so much pain. I have a bad back, basically the MRI report says I have multiple bulges and something is torn. I see a dr and all he does is give me pain meds, even though I ask for other stuff to help, I ask for suggestions anything and he just tells me to lose weight. I also have a bone spur in my right foot, imagine walking around barefoot stepping on jagged rocks, thats what it feels like. It started about 3 years ago and I thought it was just something pulling, and finally after about a year of it not going away I went to the doctor (oh and my foot was swollen and STILL is!) and he basically told me to wear hiking boots and said I could get a shot in my foot but that if I got one I would never want to get another one because they hurt so bad, and it doesnt last, once it wears off my foot will be the same. So because of that and my back pain I think I must walk funny or something because I always have cramps in my right calf (same side as my foot) and it has huge knots in it. I get DH to rub my calf all the time but he says im weird because no one wants their calf rubbed lol. Anyways, so between the back pain and the foot pain I also am having sciatic pain. it hurts all the way from my back, around my hips, down my a** and down to my foot. Sometimes its really painful and sometimes its not excruciating but just achy. I feel like i complain all the time (I do complain allll the time!) I am just so uncomfortable I hurt so bad and I dont know how I am going to make it the next 17 week. I am going to talk my doctor tomorrow and see if she can recommend another doctor for my back that will actually do something besides give me meds, and maybe a chiropractor that will take my insurance. I am excited about the new house because it has a big garden tub so I will be soaking in that frequently. Oh and one thing I am surprised that my back is messing up so bad right now is because I actually LOST weight, 8 lbs!! its not like I am gaining a ton of weight, and especially with this pain I am going to try to keep weight gain to nothing. I am sorry to b**ch but I just feel like crying. Between the pain and my anxiety ugh I am DONE. I am getting my tubes tied and hoping for an ablation also.

July 2nd, 2013, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time! I'm not a good preggo person either....pregnancy hates me! lol I would suggest going to a spine center to see what they are able to offer you and ask your doc for a physical therapy referral as well. I hope you're able to find some relief!

July 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh that sounds miserable. I hope you can find another Dr and some help with that pain.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
July 2nd, 2013, 05:43 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh kalie I, sorry this is so rough I know for the spurs there isn't much to be done, but for the back a Chiro should help as long as you keep going! Mine has done wonders! I no longer feel my back locking up on me. Also for the anxiety you should try meditation just deep breathing calming thoughts .... Also... For the bad days some drugs (my dr perscribed me Ativan) can be taken in moderation while pregnant...

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
July 2nd, 2013, 06:04 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I am so sorry you are going through this! Back pain is the worst!! Would massage help at all (back not calf)? I know my DH sits on tennis balls to relieve his siatic pain. I think the pain runs through your butt and for some reason that helps. I hope you can find some relief soon!
July 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd definitely see about a chiro as well as making sure you have a nice supportive mattress and pillow! It sucks to be in pain!
July 2nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
aw, darling. i'm with you on not liking being pregnant but i'm not having it as bad as you. i hope you can find a chiro that works.

Introducing the Minis

July 2nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Erin1826's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of this.
July 2nd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are so miserable

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
July 2nd, 2013, 08:23 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also am not great when pregnant. All my friends who were pregnant say they felt Awsome, never gained any weight and bounce around like bunnies... I feel like an odd ball around here. I get lots of swelling and its starting to come.. Last pregnancy towards the end people were asking me if everything is ok because my face looked like a balloon .. And I would wake up in the middle of the night with terrible cramps in my legs and wouldn't be able to walk the next day. My hands would go numb and wasn't able to make a fist.. The doctors told me they have no idea why that is and see if it goes away after pregnancy which it did. So I also am terrified there is still lots of time left and already experiencing those symptoms.
I agree about getting a chiropractor, or even husband give you a massage. Your new tub will come in handy so hoping it wont get any worse for you. -hugs-L
July 2nd, 2013, 09:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry! I don't like being pg either, but love babies! Keep your eye on the prize and get a good chiropractor. I could barely walk yesterday and left my chiropractor feeling no back or hip pain. A lot of Chiropractors are cheaper out of pocket. Yesterday mine was putting pressure on pressure points in my neck trying to get it to loosen up. My 2 yr old comes over with a book and they were having the cutest conversation about the animals in the book. A good chiropractor is a very different experience then a regular Dr. Then he starts talking about when I have my seventh and I glared at him. He wouldn't take that this is the last.

July 3rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ahhhh I'm sorry girl. My husband has severe back problems. He goes to a chiro and does pain shots in his back. He also did some physical therapy. The pain shots help but it did take a few of them to make it so. As far as the bone spur I would have them shave that down after you have this baby.

I'm sorry your in so much pain. I hope the pain gets more tollarable soon.

July 3rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*Hugs* I'm sorry you are going through all that. I hope you are able to find some relief!

July 3rd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you aren't getting more relief

I hate pregnancy too and seriously get an urge to punch those ladies that say they wish they were pg all the time. I hate barfing, feeling nauseous all the time for 4 months, not to mention all the rest of things. Heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, cramping, headaches. And last time 2 cysts burst. That pain was literally worse than natural childbirth.

So I hear ya, we are all about half way done, so we're well on the way. Hang in there and big hugs to you!
July 3rd, 2013, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're so miserable!

I am right there with you, though. I hate pregnancy, and I complain too much. I can't wait until its over!

Last one for me, unless a crazy oops happens, but that's highly unlikely. I had to seriously convince myself to even go round two!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search