Maternity clothes

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you bought a lot, a little, or none?
July 2nd, 2013, 08:34 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
None this pregnancy yet. I was pregnant over winter last time so can't reuse much. I mostly wear tank tops from old navy are very comfy- to work skirts on elastic bands and a tank with a sweater over it..
I am refusing to buy mat wear - tried a pair if shorts and cost me 65 dollars for only two months of wear! I returned them the next day . I am becoming more frustrated with my closet and am thinking I might just have to check out a maternity store soon
July 2nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
None. I've got stuff from my last two pg and have borrowed stuff. I might need to make some bigger tops if I get huge. Right now I'm wider belly wise then my others pg as the babies are side by side. I'm not any bigger height wise for gestational age. I don't look like I'm having two, but I don't know how much longer it will last.

July 2nd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I purchased two pairs of shorts and a shirt that were specifically maternity, and hit the goldmine of three brand new maternity dresses at the goodwill. The rest is from last pg.
July 2nd, 2013, 11:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Besides all of the stuff I bought from my friend, I have only bought a few things. I went to Target looking for a few tank tops the other day and could not bring myself to spend $20 on one maternity "wife-beater" style tank top. Seriously!!! I ended up going over to the regular clothes and just buying a few XL in regular tanks for $6 each. I swear, just because something is labeled Maternity, they think they can overcharge.
~Kris~ and Myopia like this.

July 2nd, 2013, 11:41 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have any at all so I bought a couple things including a used pair of shorts on a swap site. I'm also getting some hand me downs from a friend so I should be good. I have some dresses that can last me through the pregnancy as well.
July 3rd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Had to do extensive shopping as I have nothing from last pregnancy 7 years ago. Figure I need to gear up for back to work so getting things now. Trying to buy stuff that will transition over to when I'm nursing. Also may just wear lots of leggings, they are cheap and can transition hopefully.
Myopia likes this.
July 3rd, 2013, 04:25 AM
Super Mommy
I got rid of everything so I have gotten some things but I refuse to pay full price at a store. I have gotten everything from garage sales and goodwill.
July 3rd, 2013, 04:40 AM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, the price of this stuff is just ridiculous! Makes me sick! I have one shirt (that already has a hole courtesy of my cat) and one pair of pants. I am hoping to buy a couple pair of capris and a couple more shirts and call it a day.
July 3rd, 2013, 04:54 AM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought a few things. A couple skirts, 2 pairs of shorts and just a few maternity tank tops. I was lucky and found a good sale at Kohls and the rest is from Old navy so it's relatively inexpensive. I still have a few long sleeve shirts from when I was pregnant with DD so I should be ok in the colder months for awhile!

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
July 3rd, 2013, 05:26 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have all my maternity clothes from my first pregnancy, which was around the same seasons, so I really haven't needed to purchase much.

I did get a pair of jean shorts at Kohl's and have picked up a few clearance professional attire items here and there for the fall (as I was pretty limited on that the first time around) and have looked at some consignment shops.

July 3rd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have bought a dress and 2 shirts, for less than $15 total. I need some shorts though...I have 2 pairs from last time (but I never quit wearing them, they have the small elastic waist) but they are getting very faded and my non maternity ones aren't going to last me much longer! I've gone to 2 Goodwills, but no luck so I may have to suck it up and get some.
July 3rd, 2013, 06:35 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i got a lot from friends/family and have bought some... wearing lots of tanks and yoga tops so haven't had to get maternity specific ... just a size up
July 3rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I have an office job so i bought some dresses because i needed some nicer stuff. I found a pair of maternity skinny jeans and a couple tops at Goodwill for super cheap. I've also purchased a couple things on Ebay and a pair of shorts from that stupid Destination Maternity store.

I have to admit that i'm going a little crazy. I love clothes and i feel like i'm wearing the same things over and over AND there is not a whole lot in my price range that appeals to me. I don't want to buy something just because it's cheap when i don't even like it. >_>

I did just find out about a maternity and baby consignment store close to my clinic so i'm going to check them out after my next appt!

Oh and i'm also going to need a fancy, extremely flattering dress in a couple months because we have two weddings to go to.
Myopia likes this.

July 3rd, 2013, 06:49 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of it I have picked up second hand, but I have about 6? pairs of maternity jeans that I am absolutely living in.
I picked up some cheap long sleeved tee's from Kmart a while back to, so those are coming in handy

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
July 3rd, 2013, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Only a couple things. I will make them work I don't buy tons of maternity clothes because I don't wear them for long. I want a few more things and then I will be good to go. Oh and I wear scrubs because of work so I really don't get to get dressed all that much anyway lol

July 3rd, 2013, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh yeah I forgot I got skirt at Goodwill too. I might wear it for a wedding next month.
July 3rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
I've bought and spent quite a bit. It sucks, but I'm also in a business environment and as the boss I have to lead by example. If I slack on my dress code, why can't my staff do the same? kwim? For work I have bought 4 maternity slacks, a few dresses and skirts and 7- 8 blouses. I'll still need a few more blouses in the coming months. One thing I've kind of caved on that I don't typically wear to work (and don't let my staff wear) is sandals. I feel like my feet are expanding! can't wear my heels well anymore, and flats are killing me. Luckily my staff is understanding and not trying to take advantage of it!

As far as non work attire, I've purchased 1 dress, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of capris, 3 tops and a bathing suit. Luckily I only wear that stuff on weekends so I don't need much!
Myopia likes this.

July 4th, 2013, 01:54 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I bought a few dresses at target and basically bought an entire wardrobe off a friend. I should be mostly set

July 4th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Super Mommy
I bought some jeans and leggings from H& M that were on sale.
I got some tops and some smock dresses/tops .

I dont really like the maternity clothes in the stores and Im not trying to buy too much stuff either. I have had to buy bigger scrubs because although my regular size does fit...its just too snug on the tummy.

Its a shame Baby bump dont do a forum dedicated to swaps and resales of maternity clothes and items.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search