Worried about weight gain!

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LABs
  • 1 Post By Txmom4
  • 1 Post By Nicole B

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Even though I am up 4 lbs now, I always gain so much more in the second half! I just went back to see where I was at last time at this point and i was -12 lbs! I lost about 14-15 at the beginning last time. So that means I gained about 30 lbs in the second half last time. Since I am already overweight, this is so frustrating to think about! . Plus it was pretty much impossible to lose after my daughter!
July 3rd, 2013, 07:49 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I haven't stepped on the scale since my last Dr. appt. I was up 15lb then and it's hard for me to see even though i *know* it's for a good and necessary reason! I just normally keep a close eye on my weight so it's difficult for me to see those numbers going up, up, up without a thing i can do about it!

July 3rd, 2013, 07:56 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. I am around 20 pounds up which worries me since I have a ways to go. But. Just gotta keep eating as good as I can and exercising and then get back at it after baby is born. I hear ya though. I was stressing about that yesterday.
July 3rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think i was up in total 13 lbs last appt... but im scared about the coming one as cooking has ceased in our home and fast food is reigning once again

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
July 3rd, 2013, 11:03 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same - seeing my doctor his Friday and been eating out a lot more since we are taking a lot of day trips and def feel like I put on more weight..
July 3rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd try to only eat healthy and possibly look into a diabetic diet. Its very good for both you and the baby even if you aren't diabetic.
shana1979 likes this.

July 3rd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
4lbs isn't that bad, and I've seen your belly pics, your not THAT overweight and I don't remember you even being overweight at all so it must be just a little. Just try to keep eating healthy, maybe this time your going for a more steady weight gain, so it's all going to even out. I am terrified of gaining weight, in still down 8lbs, I may have gained .5lb since last week and that is scary since ok really overweight. I said I was going to do the diabetic diet but I haven't :-X and I had cut soda but now I'm drinking it for headaches so that's not good, I hate drinking my calories and I am trying to stay away from fast food, I still have it once a week but I try to choose healthier options, like a salad instead of fries or chicken instead of hamburger. And I haven't had a lot of sweets. Are you eating sweets? Maybe try to limit that, not cut completely bexuse every prego needs some sweets every now and then or even several small meals a day. I really think that has helped me. I eat small throughout the day, I can't even finish a hamburger in one setting.
shana1979 likes this.

July 3rd, 2013, 04:14 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm up 12lbs. Not too crazy yet..
July 3rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I need to stay away from ice cream! I am worried about vacation....3 days and then another 6 days of eating out. I hate veggies and fruit though.
July 3rd, 2013, 07:02 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Mmmmm ice cream.......
slp2012 likes this.

July 3rd, 2013, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
July 3rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I find out Friday how bad I've gained this last month....... Please let me have NOT gained 5 pounds in one month again!!!
July 3rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still down about 4 right now...which is fine by me since I am on a 0-10lb total gain plan this time around......

and ice cream sounds amazing....off to the freezer I go

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search