kick counting

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By meritaten
  • 1 Post By AmyKC12
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 2 Post By CutlassDiva
  • 1 Post By Txmom4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 03:03 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have anybody started them? I started counting them about a week ago regularly. For the most part it takes me about 30 minutes to get to 10 but I have got them as fast as 15 minutes.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
July 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't think kick counts started until 28 weeks?

I don't even feel the baby every day yet. And I know we have some that haven't felt the baby at all.
~Kris~ and slp2012 like this.
July 5th, 2013, 06:31 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um. Clueless. Fill me in.
July 5th, 2013, 06:43 AM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't even feel they baby yet so I'm not counting. But I am jealous of you that you are feeling so many! Maybe your little one can talk to me little one and teach him about kicks? LOL!
slp2012 likes this.
July 5th, 2013, 07:24 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's not requested by Dr yet just something I'm doing on my own just curious to how long it take. I know baby still have quiet time and some of the movements I can't even feel.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
July 5th, 2013, 07:34 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just look for 3 movements within the hour at this point. This is what my Peri dr. recommends until 28wks. Once I feel 3 movements I get up quickly so I don't sit there all day wondering if there's more....Im OCD and I would just freak out if the baby just stopped, lol.

For the FTM's, kick counting is to start in the 28th wk. Dr.'s will ask you to pick two times a day where you devote some time to feel baby move at least 10 times in 2hrs. They recommend after meals. After 28wks, if baby is sluggish, and does not give these movements, they will instruct you to some things to get baby moving or come in to be monitored. I never knew about these until my 4th baby, lol.......so I never did them with the first 3! Dr.'s are alot more proactive these days about fetal health and the kick counting is a "poor mans" way of getting a NST done.
Christina642 likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

July 5th, 2013, 08:33 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if im concerned then i lay back and count 3-5.... then im happy lol... when i hit farther along i will definately do 10 ... my first ds, he was sooooo lazy in utero!!! he wouldnt move everrrr the drs would panic and i would tell them he was fine!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
July 5th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not really.

July 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
definitely not. I have anterior placenta again, so I only feel her every now and then. With my daughter, even at the very end, I didnt feel her very often. The kick counting drove me nuts cause I was supposed to call in if I didnt feel so many kicks a day but I NEVER felt that many! So I was constanly calling in.

July 5th, 2013, 01:00 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My placenta is across the front too so the kicks I feel aren't super strong. Last night during he fireworks though baby was kicking its little heart out. lots and I mean lots!
July 5th, 2013, 01:18 PM
MakeupMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't count them, I just make sure he's active often. If I haven't felt him in a few hours then I'll try to do something to get him moving but most times I don't have to do that because he's always moving. I probably will try to consitently count them after about 28 weeks. I never did with my other two.
July 5th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't do any counts, I just make sure she moves. I usually get good movement early

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
July 5th, 2013, 01:39 PM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not feeling LO anywhere near consistently enough to do counts....so not yet here
~Kris~ and slp2012 like this.

July 5th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope too early for that.
~Kris~ likes this.

July 5th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If I don't remember feeling movement I'll lay down at night to concentrate on them. Movement is becoming much more regular, but I still enjoy feeling them get stronger.

July 5th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Definitely not! I've only had a handful of movements so far, and I am on 4th kiddo and 21 weeks along! I also have an anterior placenta so I probably won't feel consistent movement for quite some time. But even with the other kids, I never actually sat or laid down to count.
July 5th, 2013, 08:29 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just check up periodically when I'm resting - bit never count. I find it like a chore lol.. if I don't feel any movements I will just check more often. I never counted with my first and never had a doctor mention this to me to be counting.
July 6th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I seem to have a pretty active baby so i don't feel the need to count. I'm pretty sure Teegan was the same way. And i remember he ALWAYS got hiccups lol (he doesn't anymore )

July 6th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't do kick counts.

If I haven't felt baby for a while, then I will go & lay down quietly. They always seem to get moving if I lie down.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
July 6th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Veteran
No kick counts yet...I'm not feeling enough to do an official count. I feel him squirming around but not 10 consistantly....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search