Was that a (sort of) compliment?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LABs
  • 1 Post By AmyKC12

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was at a party last night talking to a woman about my hair when I mentioned how it's breaking now that I'm pregnant. She said, "Yeah, that happens with girls". I said I'm not sure about that but it's probably due to the fact I'm having two. And she said, "Oh, you don't look big enough for twins".

I could have kissed her.

But then she found out I wasn't due until November...

Introducing the Minis

July 7th, 2013, 09:15 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You still don't look huge

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
July 7th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, as hard as it is while pregnant, try to take anything someone says regarding size with a grain of salt. I think a lot of times people just want to comment, maybe as a way of showing their interest, even though they might be way off base!

My daughter has been on the small side, <25% most of her life, yet people have commented on how big she is. I think most people just don't really remember what it's like to be pregnant or have young kids.
July 7th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I get strange looks when I mention twins. So far it looks like one, but its going to get ugly from here! The rapid growth and weight gain the babies are going to have will be much more noticeable in just a few more weeks. We'll go from 20 weeks to looking 40 weeks in an 8 week span.
shana1979 likes this.

July 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would take the compliment and run lol we feel awful generally in pregnancy LOL

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
July 7th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, my aunt got a gander at my stomach, asked when I was due again, then said, "Oh you're going to be big".

I've been worried about the 20s weeks b/c twin pregnancies do this leap from looking kinda normal around 20 weeks to looking full blown around 24 weeks. Not looking forward to that jump.

Introducing the Minis

July 7th, 2013, 05:55 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In general, I think the old adage "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" has gone out the window. I am amazed at what people will say to others. Personally, unless I see a hand waving at me from between momma's legs, I don't ask. You just never know. I am a bigger girl and don't even look pregnant, I just look fatter than before. My butt will qualify for another zip code soon. People don't believe be when I tell them I am over five months pregnant!

So, next time, just smile and say.."Yep, and don't I look stunning! Because honestly, that's what pregnant women look like...stunning!! It is a miracle that you have two beautiful babies in there growing.
shana1979 likes this.
July 7th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a bigger girl too and it's been real interesting catching my grandma looking at my stomach w/ a quizzical look on her face but never saying anything. At least the older generation knows a thing or two about decorum. She probably thinks it's unlikely for me to be pregnant-- she's only seen my bf once in the two years we dated.

Introducing the Minis

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search