Sorry it took so long, it's a...

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 07:11 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girl! Quite a surprise as hubby and I were sure baby was a boy. I'll be completely honest, after a bit of slight gender disappointment (I am not very girly and I worry that she will go through a lot of the struggles I went through because as a female I feel such importance is placed on looks and people treat you in a nice or mean way accordingly) I am feeling excited and happy. Especially since we settled on a color scheme for the nursery that does not involve pink or purple and bought a few things!

I felt like they rushed things a little, but the doctor says she is healthy and normal so that is excellent news! She was very stubborn and spent a lot of time curled up in a ball face down. The tech jiggled her so much but she refused to wake up and move into a decent profile position haha. Here are a couple of photos:

This is her favorite position:

An attempt at a profile shot:
July 9th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl! She will be amazing, I actually saw some baby headbands that totally reminded me of you and Nicole, I'm going to post the link.

July 9th, 2013, 07:23 PM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on a healthy little girl!

July 9th, 2013, 07:24 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
July 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Headbands | Little Hip Squeaks

July 9th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG congrats. That hand picture is soooo cool. I felt like my ultrasound got rushed today also. But omg congrats!!!!

July 9th, 2013, 07:53 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those headbands are adorable... but sold out! love em! Congrats on baby girl
July 9th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A baby girl! I remember being terrified after my u/s with my first! I wanted a boy and had no clue what to do with a girl. She's not really a girly girl. Then her sister came with a total princess attitude. She's still extremely girly and I've figured it out. Parenting is a learn as you go thing.

My friends SIL dressed her girl in yellow, green and brown. Refused anything slightly feminine. Refused to buy any "girl" toys. Her little girl is the biggest twirly princess you've ever seen. I've never seen her not dancing and twirling in full princess gear once she could voice her opinion. Its pretty funny to see the nature vs. Nurture at play!
slp2012 likes this.

July 9th, 2013, 09:27 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had gender disappointment initially too but it goes away quickly. Congrats on your little girl.
July 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Erin1826's Avatar Super Mommy
congrats on your baby girl! my 16yo DD is not the slightest bit girly, but she is so confident and not afraid to be herself. i'm hoping this next one will be a little bit more girly.
July 10th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl!

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
July 10th, 2013, 05:34 AM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!

July 10th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! It is funny how kids just have their own opinions about what they like. I'm not girly either but my first daughter is totally girly! When we go out she always looks better than me. She is 5 and picks out her own outfits, brushes her hair every day in the mirror picking out bows, putting on lipgloss and little stickers she uses as earrings. I have learned to love how she expresses herself with her style. And my second daughter is a totally tom boy and loves everything lightning McQueen!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
July 10th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl!! Whether she turns out to be "girly" or not, there is nothing like the bond between mama and daughter!
slp2012 likes this.

July 10th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Congrats on your little girl! We think of the same wavelength when it comes to little girls BUT i know she is going to be the most awesome girl with you as a mom! In fact, maybe we should just betroth our children now. Kids love arranged marriages! XD

I want to know what color scheme you decided on and i can't wait to see your nursery when it's done!
slp2012 likes this.

July 10th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

I wouldn't worry about the whole girly thing. I'm SO not girly. We painted my daughter's room a blue-green when she was born. Go with the colors you like! Baby won't care for a few years.

Now, my daughter is more girly than I am. She loves shopping for clothes, and while I still dislike pink, I do think she looks cute in dresses (though I hate wearing them myself). And her favorite color is currently blue - lol.

And boys and girls go through issues growing up. I'm still determined to convince my girls never to shave their legs (which one time you do it, you're stuck for life since it does NOT grow back nicely) - lol. I'm hoping my girls will find someone to accept them for who they are like I did. But I do hope they have a better high school existence than I did!
slp2012 likes this.

July 10th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I promise you will love having a girl! I am not girly either and my daughter can bounce between being girly and being a total Tom boy, from minute to minute. I love seeing both sides of her personality!
slp2012 likes this.
July 10th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! My daughter loves to dress girly, but was never into dolls or any girl toys at all. She would much rather play with cars and tools.
slp2012 likes this.

July 10th, 2013, 09:44 AM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole B View Post
Congrats on your little girl! We think of the same wavelength when it comes to little girls BUT i know she is going to be the most awesome girl with you as a mom! In fact, maybe we should just betroth our children now. Kids love arranged marriages! XD

I want to know what color scheme you decided on and i can't wait to see your nursery when it's done!
We should totally propose an arranged marriage haha! I promise we will be cool in-laws

And we decided to do light gray, lime green and turquoise. I bought a few things for inspiration last night, so I will definitely post a picture when I get a chance. I am currently fiending for things to add to the registry and I am pretty excited about putting it all together!
Minilegs and hotpinkheels like this.
July 10th, 2013, 09:59 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
great color combo! still working on talking DH into gray! We have turquoise curtains regardless of whether its a boy or girl

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search