Need to vent OT

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Veteran
So friday my friend that is my photographer and I were going to go up to disney and get m next bump shots...It was only supposed to be our oldest children. Well today she tells me her 3 y/o is coming...My only problem is that she'll expect me to watch him while she takes the older boys on the faster "bigger" rides. I am NOT bringing my 3 y/o for this very reason I don't want to be dealing with a toddler if I don't have to. Her child never sleeps in the stroller. She lets him roam w/in arms reach of the stroller but is constantly yelling to him to come back....This is not looking to be enjoyable like I had thought. At this point I don't even want to go. I'm not going to be her sitter. I told her weeks ago that I just wanted to older boys since dh is on vacation and I wouldn't have to take my youngest...UGH
July 15th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does she have anyone to watch her youngest?

Or maybe she's like me and feels guilty not bringing all her kids.

I definitely understand where you're coming from, especially if there's no discipline really.

Introducing the Minis

July 15th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Veteran
I guess what gets me is she was the one that asked me weeks ago if we were going to make it just the older kids. I agreed and now days before she changes her mind...
July 15th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! Is there any way your DH can watch her 3 yr old? I'd be honest and tell her that its going to be hard enough with the older kids and you can't watch her kid for long lines and big kid rides. We got free tickets to the amusement park and I made my DH push me around in a wheel chair! There is no way I could walk all day and care for my 2 1/2 yr old.

July 15th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Veteran
The problem I have with DH watching him is I feel like she's waiting for me to offer that. DH is already doing a favor for another friend and watching her 4 y/o so it would mean 3 kids under 4 plus my 6 year old. I honestly would have never agreed to go if I knew this is how it was going to play out. She knows he's already watching another child and I don't think it's fair to him. It would be an all day affair too as in we leave at 10 am and don't return until close to midnight.
July 16th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If he's already got an extra I can totally understand! That's too much for too long of time. I'd tell her your DH is watching another child and it might be better to reschedule if she doesn't have anyone to watch her little one. Its too much on you to care for her child. If it wasn't you would be bringing yours!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search