Stretch Marks

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Only get them on my legs but I'm not sure if its stretch marks of spider veins. Been lucky past pregnancies to avoid getting them on my tummy.
July 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got horrible stretch marks in my last pregnancy. I had none until 35 weeks then they just exploded everywhere. After studying skin in school, I can absolutely tell you there's nothing you can do to prevent them. And you also can't make them disappear completely. Mine were ugly red/purple after my son but they faded to white silver which is what they are now. Stretch marks are rips and tears in the dermal layer of your skin that's healed over with collagen and stuff. Nothing's preventing that or making them go away. It's all dependent on how your body stretches. If it needs room for baby, it will provide that room somehow. I'm hoping to not get any new ones this time, hopefully my belly stretched enough last time. But honestly Idk if it'd make a difference at this point. My belly was covered.

I should add I lathered my belly up every day last pregnancy. This one, I've used bio oil to help keep them white hopefully.
July 26th, 2013, 01:48 AM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
I have a few on the underside of my belly that are silvery from DS. I think I have a silvery one starting in my belly button this time. I was slathering lotion and noticed it. I have tons on my boobs.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
July 26th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No new ones

Mine were never red/purple they started out light colored so it's possible.

The only things I've felt so far is red/tender belly button (feel kind of like it wants to rip apart)
July 26th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I don't have any new ones, but with Teegan I didn't get them until the very end. I think my body was finally just like, "*** this.".

They're not terribly bad though. Once they faded you can barely see them and I still felt comfortable wearing a two piece then.

I did get them on my boobs, thighs and stomach though. I'm guessing because I'm a smaller person normally and pregnancy seems to make me explode. apparently boobs don't like going from a small "B" cup to a "DD"?

ETA: Seriously JM?! I can't even say "e*f*f"?! C'mon!
hotpinkheels likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search