gender disappointment

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 08:34 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did anybody in your family experience gender disappointment? Watching t.v. the parents of the father had a complete meltdown. She took off her clothes and was crying and everything.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
July 26th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Super Mommy
My boyfriends daughter had a meltdown. She's 8, her mother kind of fills her head with negative things. So when she found out we were having a girl she lost it.

July 26th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Some people are insane! My MIL really wanted boys. She always does for some reason. There are more girls in the family I'm sure just to spite her! We are happy and that's all that matters! Its not like we get to choose, but if we did I would choose twin girls. Even though it doesn't keep our numbers even. I like same gender pairs!

July 27th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
My MIL has expressed several times that she really wants a granddaughter, but before we've actually known the sex of either children.

But after we found out it was another boy she hasn't said anything negative. I'm sure she knows she will enjoy this baby just as much. Maybe my SIL will give her a girl whenever they decide to have kids.

July 27th, 2013, 07:01 AM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, some comments were made from my husband's family, and my FIL even refused to believe it was a boy for awhile, and referred to him as "she". I made my husband put a stop to that real quick, lol.

July 27th, 2013, 08:27 AM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The moms were ecstatic that we were having a girl, but the dads had some slight gender disappointment. I will admit that hubby and I did for about a day as well, but we got over that REAL quick when we realized that all that really matters is a healthy normal baby. Now I am actually looking forward to a little girl! I just hope she is healthy.
July 27th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm the only one in my family that had gender disappointment. I cried for about 20 min and still get a little sad if I think about it to much. Don't get me wrong I'm super happy to have another boy. As long as he is healthy I will be happy!!!

July 27th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thankfully very few people know what I'm having. I figure I have the bases covered with one of each. I was a little disappointed because I dreamt of twin girls but as long as I got one I am content.

Introducing the Minis

July 27th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No one has expressed any disappointment at all. We are all super excited for her to be a girl! My nieces are both pregnant and they are due end of November and early December and they are having boys. So they family is getting an overload of babies in the fall!

July 27th, 2013, 05:00 PM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know but my mom started bawling and clapping when I announced I was having a girl. With my son she said "oh I thought it was a girl..."

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

July 29th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope everyone was happy so far, but I have a girl already and my sister a boy so it didn't really matter
July 29th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think with waiting to find out the gender until the birth, the BABY is there, so there's no time for disappointment.

With son #2 though, when they said he was a son, I do remember saying: Are you kidding me? But that lasted all of 5 seconds! My BP was really high during labor with him, I hadn't slept (other than dozing for a few minutes here and there) for over 32 hours (and I am someone who LOVES to sleep) and the pushing phase for him was really difficult, at one point I had said-I am DONE, meaning that I'd never have another kid, but hearing he was a boy, I knew I would want to try for a girl still, so I just felt exhausted!

And having 2 boys was great since my family is dominated with girls-5 girls and 1 boy in my mom's family and 9 granddaughters and 3 grandsons. Then I had the 2 greatgrandsons so it was great to have more boys, then I had my daughter and my sister has 2 daughters, so the girls are back to winning again. This kiddo will either tie it up for the greatgrandkids or give the girls ever more edge.
July 29th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not this time, everyone is super excited. I had gender disappointment with Weston. I cried. Then I cried because I felt bad I was crying. My mom did keep saying stuff about this HAD to be a girl, but I know she would never had really said anything if she had been a he, and she would be just as smitten when the baby came.

July 31st, 2013, 11:09 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we were expecting a boy, so when we were told girl, it was a little disappointing. he calls her "Jake" sometimes (the name we had for a boy) and then gets this sad look on his face:/ but he bounced back and says he's gonna do all the things with her that he had planned on doing with a son, and she'll be a daddy's girl. which is fine by me
July 31st, 2013, 11:24 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
team green- so no gender disappointment here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search