Better.... and Worse?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By LABs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If you've been pg before. What's better for you this time? What's worse for you this time?

For me-
Better: No HG, no SPD (so far!), much stronger and healthier, more energy, pregnancy going by much more quickly.

Worse: VARICOSE VEINS!, swelling, more emotional. more BH contractions, less sleep, too busy to clean/nest.

Overall: Better.
August 20th, 2013, 12:49 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My worse is he is more sense then his brother. I wake at the same time to eat every mornin.3am.
My better would be I have all the heartburn. May sound weird but hubby had ALL the symptoms last time and we stay in th hospital because he always thought he was dying or having a heart attack. Not funny when I had to spend nights in the hospital but when I look back it is funny.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
August 20th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing is better. This pg is like combining my previous four pg and adding on to them. If this was my first pg it would be my last. I just hope I have a dream delivery to make up for it!
lil_fishy and shana1979 like this.

August 20th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing is better. HG is worse in it's own way, I'm still nauseous and throwing up. I'm in pain earlier than last time. I seriously never want to be pregnant again.
August 20th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABs View Post
Nothing is better. This pg is like combining my previous four pg and adding on to them. If this was my first pg it would be my last. I just hope I have a dream delivery to make up for it!
My exact thought was if this was my first I may have been done! It's not like it's been THAT bad, I know there are people who have more things to worry about or are more sick. But my other pregnancies seemed so simple!

So far my weight is better than with the boys though, but not as good as it was with my daughter.
August 20th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The better - still not having to sleep sitting up in bed yet due to reflux (or having to switch reflux meds).

The worse - everything else, especially the GD - lol.

August 20th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
The better: not being hospitalized for asthma, not feeling super impatient to be done being pregnant

The worse: I think my acid reflux is way more intense this time, earlier. Also I've gained more weight...but still weigh less than I did with Teegan at this point? So maybe that's not worse?

Oh and this baby hits my cervix A LOT and I don't remember Teegan doing that.

All in all I seem to have pretty easy pregnancies.

August 20th, 2013, 10:52 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Better: Walking more since it is during the summer. No swelling yet. No back pain. Being able to feel the baby move and kick. The carpel tunnel is not as bad as first time- it was TERRIBLE before- hope it stays this way.

Worse: More stretch marks (or maybe they are reappearing from last pregnancy and getting deeper)
August 20th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Better: that I've been able to slow down and take in the pregnancy experience and i'm better financially positioned and living on my own but as far as the pregnancy itself-- nothing

Worse: the timing; nausea, heartburn, arthritis/carpal tunnel, itchy chest, insatiable hunger, lack of energy, windedness, high blood pressure, constant doctor visits, expensive copays, braxton hicks, insomnia, tiredness, vj issues, food aversions

I agree-- had this been my first pregnancy, it would have been my last.

Introducing the Minis

August 20th, 2013, 12:17 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies who want to have more than 1 baby, don't despair!!! This is my 3rd pregnancy and has been my BEST one so far! I have way less heartburn, worries, concerns, fatigue and have felt the best with this 3rd one! I am shocked because I thought for sure it would be the hardest because I'm older.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
August 20th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The better-my bp is more under control and I haven't had to be hospitalized..yet, my heartburn isn't nearly as bad so maybe the baby will be bald? ha ha

The worse-I had to go on bp meds earlier which make me feel dizzy and lightheaded for most of the day, I have no energy because I'm basically doing a modified rest so I don't get hospitalized, I have been sleeping poorly
August 20th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Better? the only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm appreciating everything more because this is probably my last pregnancy.

Worse: heartburn, exhaustion, aches and pains (SPD), varicose veins, hemorrhoids, insomnia, plus the complications of a SCH and having to worry about a VBAC.

August 20th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Erin1826's Avatar Super Mommy
Worse: more physical pain and discomfort

Better: I get to buy cute girly things

My last one was super easy until the last 9 weeks when I was dx'ed with GD and had BP issues. We'll see how this one compares to that in the next few weeks. (fingers crossed)
August 20th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Better than last, no kidney stones, haven't Ben hospitalized yet and I was twice by this time last time, no weight gain

Worse, so much back pain and pelvic pain. Crazy amounts of anxiety attacks.

Same:heartburn crap sleep no more stretch marks than I got my 1st preg

August 20th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My anxiety levels have been higher too- weird, because it's been a better pregnancy. Maybe whatever hormone level is causing the anxiety has been supressing my HG? Who knows. I'll take it.
August 20th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Better: really enjoying baby kicks since this is the last child. Letting people spoil me because no one will tie my shoes after labor when I really need the help.

Worse: just started looking into daycare costs. What a racket! This SPd that I've never had before but I'm positive I have now. Can't walk for long periods. Difficult to stand after sitting. My heartrate is weird at night, which is strange this to around.
August 21st, 2013, 06:09 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Better: BP is better, have gained less weight compared to this time during last pregnancy (and started off pre-pregnancy weight lighter than w/ DD #1), less sciatica issues

Worse: My depression/anxiety increased significantly at about 20 weeks so I had to go back on meds after being off for 4 years. Some family stuff that is beyond stressful right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search