Sore ribs...

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 08:08 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else have sore ribs? My back has been killing me and I think it's actually my ribs, but the last couple days, I have noticed the FRONT of my ribs, on the left side, bottom two ribs (the "floating" ribs) are sooooo tender to the touch... like, very tender. I am getting a massage tomorrow, have my midwife/30 week appt on Wednesday, and Chiro on Thursday... so I will ask about it at all 3... Just wondering if there is anything I need to be worried about, or if this is a normal growing pain.

From what I gather, it's normal due to baby growing and everything getting pushed up, but I've read some other stuff saying it's a sign of pre-e or placental abruption/tear/bleed... I guess I'm just not really sure what I should be watching for?
August 27th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd consider it a normal pregnancy ache and pain.
August 27th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Veteran
I have no idea, but hope your appointments can give you some piece of mind! KUP!
August 27th, 2013, 06:53 AM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't say I have sore ribs, but my woman parts feel like they got beat with a mallet and the bones down there feel all bruised. All part of the pregnancy fun?
August 27th, 2013, 07:12 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGH That sounds horrible. Is there anythign that helps? Like ice? or not really?
August 27th, 2013, 07:14 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mine hurt on the right side because she kicks them. -.- i swear, she aims for uncomfortable/ painful areas.
August 27th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I've had a couple of days where i felt like there might of been a foot in my ribs but i wasn't sure if baby could actually get up that high yet. Mostly it seems like he likes to be down low because of the continual sharp cervix pains i get during movement. >_>

Hope you get some answers!

August 27th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our rib cages also expand further into pregnancy. Could just be that, but best you bring it up to the midwife, jic.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search