leg cramps

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hotpinkheels
  • 1 Post By jadeunicorn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2013, 04:37 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is the second day I wake up with leg cramps. Today I told hubby it hurt so bad I feel like I'm dying. How am I going to make it through labor if LEG cramps have me in tears??? Anybody else suffering?

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
August 29th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you drinking enough?

I think there are stretches that you can do that can help, sorry i don't remember exactly what they are.

And labor is different because you know it's going to end And that you get a prize at the end.
August 29th, 2013, 06:17 AM
I know I haven't the day before but I got 10 bottles Dow yesterday.maybe still not enough.

My Ovulation Chart

August 29th, 2013, 06:25 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Electrolytes good? Maybe add a G2 since that's lower in sugar. Or maybe a banana for some potassium?

Those are awful hope they stay away
Classy likes this.
August 29th, 2013, 07:39 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
when you get a leg cramp, slowly move your foot towards your shin, hold, then slowly move it away. i had one so bad the other night i was crying, and Nate (who talks in his sleep) just started screaming incoherently about going to the bank, which scared me, so i forgot to do my stretches. it was the worst two and half minutes of my life.
August 29th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've only gotten them so far if I'm kneeling and trying to stretch to clean something. Ouch.

Try to up the water maybe, as others suggested.

We WILL get through the pregnancy discomforts and labor!
MakeupMommy3 likes this.

August 29th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Classy's Avatar Love my 3 girls!
I had horrible Charlie horses with YDD- bananas really helped if I ate like 3 a day.
August 29th, 2013, 09:38 AM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
I've been getting them in the mornings when my alarm goes off. I have one set for DS to get up for school and its like a trigger that instantly causes my leg to seize up. It feels horrible, I have a hard enough time getting out of bed, and then suddenly I have to leap up and stand to get the cramp to stop. I don't like bananas much, but I've been trying to eat them to help with the cramps.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
August 29th, 2013, 10:11 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From what I have read, if you get a charlie horse like that, it's HARD but try to point your toes like a ballerina, that's what helps stretch and lengthen the muscle instead of contracting it and keeping it shortened.... not sure if it will help or not- can't hurt
August 29th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Yep I have gotten one so far and it was HORRIBLE. The night before I had been doing a ton of chores up and down the stairs at home so I know I wasn't hydrated enough. :-/

Also make sure you have plenty of potassium in your diet like Heels said! Someone just told me about freezing banana chunks and blending them with almond milk and it makes a delicious yet still healthy "milkshake". Definitely making that this weekend!

August 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been getting them in the leg that swells the worst. As painful as it is it needs to be stretched out just like the ladies said above. Usually not always they are a sign of low pattasium levels. So eat your bananas. Hope they quit soon.

August 29th, 2013, 01:44 PM
still cramping in the legs and having a little swelling.Eating and drinking like I won't have any more to drink. Dr ordered rest and keep track of blood pressure.If they still hurt then I'm ordered to call back for appointment.Blood pressure is 100/57 and been in that range all day.

My Ovulation Chart

August 29th, 2013, 05:33 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get terrible leg cramps.. luckily in the past month I haven't felt them.. but I did wake up feel them coming on.. and try this technique pull your toes up towards your shin and hold it like that..I have to catch them before they start though.. once they come oh my it is the most terrible pain I feel like my life is over and am getting amputated.. it sucks the skin of my leg.. my leg looks deformed..and I cant walk for days
I also sleep with a glass full of water and try to drink it throughout the day..
August 29th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Up to 13 bottles of water down and it seem like it's working

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search