If people keep saying...

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Cupcake2
  • 2 Post By meritaten
  • 2 Post By HappyBabyB
  • 1 Post By Classy
  • 1 Post By BlessednHighlyFavored
  • 1 Post By Nicole B
  • 1 Post By elizabethchallis

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
"Wow your belly is getting SO big!" I'm going to rip their heads off. Seriously why do people act so surprised when your belly is bigger each time you see them...there is a baby GROWING in there you know! It's suppose to grow! Rawr don't mess me up lol.
The Aubrey, shana1979 and Myopia like this.

Last edited by Cupcake2; August 29th, 2013 at 08:21 AM.
August 29th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know, right? LOL. Wow, my belly is getting bigger? I hadn't noticed and now that you've told me I am SHOCKED!

As if my daughter telling me all the time about how 'big I'm getting' wasn't enough for me!!!
Cupcake2 and shana1979 like this.
August 29th, 2013, 08:21 AM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you! Seriously people are so annoying sometimes. I can't tell you how many times other ladies have said "wow you are big for how far along you are!" ummm thanks? Is that supposed to be a compliment? Sheesh.
Cupcake2 and shana1979 like this.
August 29th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Classy's Avatar Love my 3 girls!
Ugh, that is so annoying! I have been getting it since the early 2nd trimester, I am petite and have a short torso so there is nowhere for my belly to go but OUT. I also have a really tipped uterus so even my Dr thought I was bigger than I should be at my first visit just by feeling my uterus from outside. I have had several people tell me I look like I have dropped and will delivery any day. Now that I am really big, random people actually stare when I am out in public! Its almost like how guys will look at your boobs instead of your face- well I feel like they are staring at my belly now!
Cupcake2 likes this.
August 29th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so not looking forward to my mom's comments.

She peeved me last time when I was 12 weeks along saying I wasn't that big. DUH, I was only 12 weeks along. What, you expect me to have an insta-huge belly? Sometimes I wonder if that woman was ever truly pregnant the way she acts with my pregnancies.

August 29th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeunicorn View Post
I am so not looking forward to my mom's comments.

She peeved me last time when I was 12 weeks along saying I wasn't that big. DUH, I was only 12 weeks along. What, you expect me to have an insta-huge belly? Sometimes I wonder if that woman was ever truly pregnant the way she acts with my pregnancies.
I'm sorry...how annoying!!

It drives me even more insane when the comments come from other moms! Men are clueless when it comes to pregnancy and belly size so that doesn't bother me as much lol.
August 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my mom and aunt comment every time they see me about how big the belly has gotten. then they feel it to confirm that yes, it is there, it is that big. the only time i'm bothered by the size is when i'm at work and the customers stare. one guy was so enthralled by my belly i had to say "sir, your change" three times before he took it!
August 29th, 2013, 11:23 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL Sometimes I respond by saying thanks? like I'm asking a question
shana1979 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
August 29th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Veteran
Ive had the horrified looks of shock and awe when I say I still have 12 11 or 10 weeks left. One of my co workers said " OH MY GOSH!!! 11 weeks?????" last week. One guy told me " OMG are you having triplets??" I try to laugh it off but inside im thinking geez how rude. I think people dont realize how BIG a full term women gets. They all think I am about ready to pop now. No I will be MUCH bigger when I am ready to pop LOL
August 29th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
My 7 year old tells me how big my belly is getting like everyday so I'm not really even phased by anyone else anymore.

Actually, nope, I lied. Someone male made a joking comment about my size and I was quick to point out that his belly was bigger than mine and as far as I was aware, he wasn't carrying a child.

But I'm really sweet like that.
Myopia likes this.

August 29th, 2013, 05:40 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That question is the biggest pet peeve.. I see same parents every week at work and they always look shocked when I open the door "Hiiiii.. you are big!"
And the shocking part is .. they once used to be pregnant themselves.. guess they never remember how big you can get by third trimester... I almost feel like I have to apologize and say "Im sorry... " which of course I don't but why should I feel awkward..or bad.. I just acknowledge and say "yes the baby is growing and still has A LOT more growing to do " and they look surprised I guess they cant imagine me bigger!
August 29th, 2013, 05:49 PM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol I swear some people just don't think.

August 29th, 2013, 06:26 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my dad just calls me "chubs" now. he's got a beer gut the size of a small city, so i don't know what he's talking about. he's super sensitive about it, so when he calls me chubs, i remind i'm not the one who looks like they're carrying triplets.
August 29th, 2013, 08:18 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's my number 1 pregnancy pet peeve. Especially since I look like I'm due anyday already lol. I'm getting the comments a lot and it's taking all I have not to snap.
August 29th, 2013, 08:37 PM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I carry my belly well. But my tits are enormous
TeamNick likes this.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

August 30th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Veteran
I don't even mind that much when they say my belly is big, or wow, you're all belly. It's when they just say "wow you're big" that I get irritated. I'm pregnant! And my weight gain is on track, and I work out almost every day. It's just rude!
August 30th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nicole!

The kids have said my belly is getting big, but they also say the baby must be getting big, so I don't mind.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search