Coping with exhaustion

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Nicole B
  • 1 Post By shana1979
  • 1 Post By chelseamb
  • 1 Post By FairyDustMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes. I have been super exhausted lately. Not just sleepy, but that wet noodley weak all-over-your-body feeling too.

I am planning on working (I work full time) up to delivery day and I am wondering if any one had some tips on how to cope/remain productive. I don't want to get fired! Naps are not an option for me.

I didn't have any sleepiness during the first or second trimester, but now I feel like I am getting hit with a double whammy!
August 29th, 2013, 11:28 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh ishy. I don't know, because honestly, I nap a lot Has it been ongoing or is it something new? Do you have allergies? Maybe your body is fighting a little something which is making it worse.

I think the heat is really a kicker too, and makes a big difference! I have no advice on how to stay productive though... that's one of my weaknesses :/
August 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Me too, I've been going to sleep at 7:30 or 8. It's so annoying. The only reason I make it through work is because I just sit at my desk not moving. Ugh!
August 29th, 2013, 11:46 AM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpinkheels View Post
Has it been ongoing or is it something new? Do you have allergies? Maybe your body is fighting a little something which is making it worse.
It's been going on for a few weeks. It just keeps getting progressively worse! My coffee helps for a couple hours but then not so much and I don't want to start drinking tons just to make it through the day. I just feel really bad because I've been pretty useless at work.
August 29th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Ha. I almost posted a thread exxxxxactly like this! I have been sleeping LIKE CRAP lately and I need to get something figured out because obviously its only going to get worse once baby arrives, eek!

Obviously we can't exist only on coffee right now (shame.)...someone told me eating an apple can give you the same or better energy boost that a cup of coffee does? Not sure where they picked up that bit of research but I'm willing to try it.

The only other thing I have is forcing yourself to get moving. I know it's the last thing I feel like doing when in exhausted but getting up from the desk and doing some kind of task that requires a brisk walk or whatever can help a lot.

Other than that, I got nothing. All I know is I am a bit scary when not well rested. >_>
The Aubrey and slp2012 like this.

August 29th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm like this as well. I think it's just our bodies needing the rest before the big day. I am so wore out I can't handle it. That mixed with the horrible back pain I have been having and then everything else life has thrown at me lately makes me completely useless. UGH

So sadly I have no advice.

August 29th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Check your vitamins. Sounds like you might be depleted in something. Perhaps iron.

I just went back to work after having the summers off so I hit a wall about 3:30. Luckily, I have an hour or two to nap when I get home, which I have to do because I only get about 6 hours sleep at night, which is so not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole B View Post
Ha. I almost posted a thread exxxxxactly like this! I have been sleeping LIKE CRAP lately and I need to get something figured out because obviously its only going to get worse once baby arrives, eek!

Obviously we can't exist only on coffee right now (shame.)...someone told me eating an apple can give you the same or better energy boost that a cup of coffee does? Not sure where they picked up that bit of research but I'm willing to try it.

The only other thing I have is forcing yourself to get moving. I know it's the last thing I feel like doing when in exhausted but getting up from the desk and doing some kind of task that requires a brisk walk or whatever can help a lot.

Other than that, I got nothing. All I know is I am a bit scary when not well rested. >_>
It's proven that apples work better than coffee.

Yes, I have to get up and do something, like go visit another teacher when I get sleepy. I'm a total bruja when I'm tired.
Nicole B likes this.

Introducing the Minis

August 29th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Bring on the apples!!!!!!!!!

ETA: JM is always trying to tone down my personality. >_> that was supposed to be written in ALL caps.

August 29th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd ask for your iron to be checked! Exhausted is kinda your new way of life now. Its completely unfair to reach the exhaustion level before the baby comes, but its the sad truth!

August 29th, 2013, 01:15 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been exhausted and know my iron was low but I've been ON extra iron and still exhausted lol I hate to say it but sometimes the end is just a bit more exhausting... Kinda like the beginning is for some people. In the first 12-14 weeks I was EXHAUSTED!!!! Like napping during the day, coming home after taking the kids to school then sleeping until I had to pick the, up exhausted lol.
I was bounces and full of p and v until about two weeks ago I think the heat was a big part of it but I remember the fatigue the end with the boys too. Not as bad as this but it was there....
Definitely have your iron levels checked but you may just be suffering from pregnancy fatigue
shana1979 likes this.

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
August 29th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Iron! I can't take it (worsens my MS) and I'm wiped out. Usually a pretty high energy person. I also like a B vitamin complex.
August 29th, 2013, 04:25 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Especially on days I work.. I feel like I have to force myself to get through the students..I do enjoy seeing them but how many times I confuse words, drop pens/pencils, getting up from my chair feels like a chore!
I did notice physically I can't stand for an hour like I used to.. by the end of the day my back is soo sore when I lie in bed.
shana1979 likes this.
August 29th, 2013, 04:34 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have struggled with exhaustion a lot during this pregnancy. I used to take naps. What I am trying now is forcing myself to take a quick walk and it is really helping! I don't go far...maybe down to the end of the street and back but it is helping! Then I have some ice water. I cant say I am ready to run a marathon after but it helps wake me up!

Also, my iron was low and since I have been taking the extra iron, it has helped with the tiredness too.
August 29th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I get 8-9 hours of sleep a night and I still hit points of the day where I wish I could just take a quick nap. But no luck. I usually drink a cold glass of water or get moving on doing something to try and keep myself awake.
August 29th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyDustMom View Post
Especially on days I work.. I feel like I have to force myself to get through the students..I do enjoy seeing them but how many times I confuse words, drop pens/pencils, getting up from my chair feels like a chore!
I did notice physically I can't stand for an hour like I used to.. by the end of the day my back is soo sore when I lie in bed.
I actually teach from my chair now, which I hate. Being up I get so winded just talking to them. So I move from one end to the other and plop down in a chair and talk from there. So annoying.

Introducing the Minis

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search