Mother - OT Rant

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jadeunicorn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Seriously, I am so lucky my sugars didn't blast past 120 this afternoon (they were 117, though, which is a little higher than usual) as my mother instantly started stressing me out right when she got here. The snide comments about the dirty house (though I told her to lay off). Then she took my daughter out to lunch (I stayed home to eat so I wouldn't screw up my sugars with Applebee's).

They were gone for an hour and a half.

When I ask kindly if we could stop at the medical supply store so I could order my breast pump (which was right across from where we went shopping), she acted put out and upset (I did get my pump though - yay!...the highlight of my afternoon, all paid by the insurance).

On the way to the area we needed to go to, she of course pretty much questioned my parenting when I mentioned we may need to get my daughter's tongue tie snipped due to jaw development instead of speech (like I don't do my research and look into things). She also poo-pooed the name Ivy Jade (btw, my MIL loves the name).

I lost my temper on her in the car and swore - she wasn't happy with that either.

And after telling her I am not 5, I am over 30 and I don't need to be treated like a child...

When we were checking out at Kohl's, she's like, "You know you need to turn these inside out to wash them and wash them on delicate." I am 34 years old woman, I know how to do laundry. I've been doing my own laundry since middle school!

Ugh, I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it. There were other things, but nearly anything that comes out of her mouth pretty much demeans me or tears me down in some way shape or form (or is plain inconsiderate - I'm talking about my GD and instead of responding to me about it, she goes off on a tangent about how someone almost hit her that morning...which obviously it was nothing major since she brought it up on our way home).

Infuriating woman. I seriously hope I don't have to see her again before little bub is born or I may bite her head off.

She did kindly buy my daughter a bunch of clothes for fall/winter (and I of course thanked her for them and thanked her for taking me to get my pump). I just wish the words coming out of her mouth would match her giving spirit.

Little bub also got a couple things. A Little Sister onesie (to go with the Big Sister top my 5-year-old got), a Mom's Little Monster fleece jacket, and a onesie that says Gobble Gobble Gobble for Thanksgiving (the Halloween stuff they had JUST didn't do it for me for going home outfit - lol).

August 29th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great day if you were wearing ear plugs! Getting the tongue clipped isn't a big deal at all! My brother was 6 or 7 and remembers it clearly. He did suggest getting it done as a baby simply because he had yrs of ST to go through. Everett had his done at as few days old, but he was having feeding issues. They didn't clip it enough though, so we might need to do it again later if its an issue. My MIL freaked when I mentioned it in the hospital that his latch was wrong. This was right after she was aghast that we choose not to circumsise him. So she wanted his penis cut and he'd have to go through wound care after, but a little clip under the tongue that didn't even bleed and he didn't even cry when I picked him up after was horrible? I'll never understand!

August 29th, 2013, 05:21 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your mother sounds like an angel compared to mine
August 29th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mother makes me want sugar! I am craving cheesecake right now SO badly.

August 29th, 2013, 06:00 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol..yes food is a great therapy or ranting to your DH about your day That always helps me get out the emotions.
August 29th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I feel for you. I have a "fun" mom too. Though i doubt i could really post the types of things she says on here. I just do my best to ignore/not comment on a lot of the thing she says and move on.

Example: my first pregnancy she asked me how much weight i had gained total (she's nagged me about my weight off and on my entire life. I've never been overweight in my life.). I told her 30lbs and she was very disapproving as apparently 25lbs was the top acceptable amount.

Sooooooo needless to say this pregnancy i'm not even talking about it with her.

Last edited by Nicole B; August 29th, 2013 at 06:13 PM.
August 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole B View Post
I feel for you. I have a "fun" mom too. Though i doubt i could really post the types of things she says on here. I just do my best to ignore/not comment on a lot of the thing she says and move on.

Example: my first pregnancy she asked me how much weight i had gained total (she's nagged me about my weight off and on my entire life. I've never been overweight in my life.). I told her 30lbs and she was very disapproving as apparently 25lbs was the top acceptable amount.

Sooooooo needless to say this pregnancy i'm not even talking about it with her.
My mom is the same way. Saw me on FaceTime and first comment is my face is fat. When she sees me after a long time comments how I've gained weight. I also have never been overweight and comments like that are soo annoying. Now I insult back and say I get it from you. I promise I won't do that stuff to my daughters.
August 29th, 2013, 06:37 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
reading your mom horror stories makes me so grateful that my mom is mostly too involved with her own drama to bother me. my mother in law, on the other hand.. is insane.

she spent the past two days constantly calling and texting Nate, telling him she felt so left out of our lives because we never go over there or visit. she said she felt like crap because we 'cut her out of our lives". so today, we went over there after we bought my text books. and what does she do? she puts her shoes on and tells us she needs a ride to an estate sale, and then a ride home, but she didn't know when. we have a gas leak in my car that's so bad Nate didn't even want to leave the house today but i needed my books. so we took her to the sale, and a neighbor told us she's bring my mil home. the entire ride she had hinted that she needed cigarettes because her male friends had stolen them. she said that it wasn't her fault she needed cigarettes because she hadn't smoked them, they were stolen. Nate bluntly told her we were not giving her any (he smokes) nor were we buying her any. she quickly said she was kidding, but then brought it up when she got out of the car.

later, we were in walmart buying diapers and baby socks, and she called and said she needed a ride home. let me remind you: we have a gas leak. it is a bad one. i told her as much, and she asked me what i was doing at walmart then. the store is on our way home, and we need diapers. she didn't reply.

she also informed Nate she was throwing her own baby shower for us because she was jealous that my mother saw us everyday, so she wasn't going to come to my mom's. seriously. this is a grown woman!

i'm sorry i just totally used your post to vent, but she bothered me immensely and i didn't want to post it on the main board because i feel i've just been whining a lot there lately :/
August 29th, 2013, 06:44 PM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I'm sorry. My parents aren't *too* bad. They're pretty subtle when they want to get something across, but I swear every time I spend any time with them now I leave aggravated and rant the whole way home, haha.

My MIL I just avoid entirely.

August 29th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksaresnazzy View Post
she also informed Nate she was throwing her own baby shower for us because she was jealous that my mother saw us everyday, so she wasn't going to come to my mom's. seriously. this is a grown woman!

i'm sorry i just totally used your post to vent, but she bothered me immensely and i didn't want to post it on the main board because i feel i've just been whining a lot there lately :/
I know all about the childish grown woman thing. My mom told me that she was having issues with a camera she bought. She took it into the store, but they claimed something about it being out of warranty. She threatened to scream if they didn't give her a refund. Yea, mom, a grown woman throwing a temper tantrum in a store is the adult thing to do.

No problem for venting on my thread - lol.
ducksaresnazzy likes this.

August 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
honestly, the only thing that's bothering me about my mom right now (and has always) is that she sends me a text on my paydays asking for money. She knows my pay schedule better than I do. I check the calendar and, sure enough, it's my pay day. This time, I ignored her for days. Finally, when I couldn't anymore without it being obvious that I ignored her, I responded that I spent the weekend not feeling well. She still said I had not given her an answer. My mom and I have a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad money relationship. Most of my debt is because of her using my social. She's been a heavy gambler for 30+ years. We lost a house to foreclosure when I was 17 b/c she gambled with the mortgage. My dad's retirement was wiped out b/c she convinced him to take money out of it. So when I say bad, I mean bad. So it really bothers me when she asks for money even though now, unlike before she pays it back. But it really bothers me now that I'm expecting two different babies and paying for EVERYTHING on my own from rent to car payment to my kids' uniforms and schools supplies to EVERYTHING. She knows these babies can come any minute and I'll be up the sh*t creek without a paddle b/c no one can/will help me and my maternity leave is unpaid. So I'm clearly not the person to borrow money from. And it's like, why doesn't she get that?

But I hesitate saying anything because she's been so great to me this summer, getting my house in order and decorating (though I always ended up paying for decorations I never asked for). Sigh.

Sorry for the hijack. I definitely feel you on your mom. They'd be great except for one pretty big thing.

Introducing the Minis

August 29th, 2013, 07:03 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
your mom uses your social??? is that legal? or ethical?

(on a kind of related topic, i tried to do Nate's fafsa for him this summer, and i needed his social. he told me he couldn't give it to me because he doesn't trust me with it. uh, i'm having your child? people are crazy, every last one of them.)
August 29th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
no it wasn't legal. but i was 18 and quite trained to not tell my mother no. she did it to my sister and brother but not as badly as she did it to me. my siblings had their real father to protect them and put an end to it. nobody stuck up for me.

Introducing the Minis

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search