Post-Pregnancy body truths

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2013, 07:54 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
9 Things Nobody Ever Tells You About Post-Pregnancy Bodies
August 29th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
What?? I think a lot of women talk about those things!

My hair definitely fell out after my 1st pregnancy...and i think got a bit thinner over all but other than that the more long term ones didn't really happen to me. Maybe because i was younger? Hopefully i'll be so lucky again.

August 29th, 2013, 08:17 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The feet being bigger, breasts leaking for several years and seeing spots is all new to me.. hopefully they wont come up this time around
August 29th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The night sweats!! Soo gross and yes, I had to shower. Not a cool experience.
August 30th, 2013, 07:19 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i thought to myself, do i want to read this?

then i put on my big-girl panties and read it.

i feel like alot of this stuff we talk about/ my mom tells me, so thankfully, i was able to continue eating my breakfast through it.
August 30th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The thing no one really talked about for me was the scarring of the C section and how much it would change my body. My mom had three but, she had a vertical incision and therefore didn't look anything like me.

Skinny or heavy, I've always had a pooch of some sort at the bottom of my stomach. Add a bikini like cut which heals and "tucks" your stomach down some, and it changes your whole shape and how you wear pants, etc. I'd heard of most of these things. My feet got bigger after my daughter and I also got pregnancy mask even though I'm very fair.
August 30th, 2013, 11:43 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes to all of them, lol......but not right away. I did leak milk for years after my first but that was about it. I was 21 with him. My body shape was definitely better after having about 3kids, lol...I was WAY to skinny before my first and even after the first 3 kids......I kept 5lbs from each baby, giving me the ultimate body! After my fifth, I was 39, all of the other issues kicked in though, lol. Bladder, vagina, hair, (no leaky boobs thanks to a double mastectomy after #4) night sweats, and my new pouch that I carry always.....dying to see after this one and no more will ever come out of my body, if the pouch leaves though, lol

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 31st, 2013, 06:57 AM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! Who knew? This whole pregnancy thing never ceases to amaze me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search