Hospital Visit

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By FairyDustMom
  • 2 Post By FairyDustMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2013, 09:25 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am excited that my hospital has a newly build Labour and Delivery ward.
I went to check it out with my husband as we were doing my GD test.
It has a separate waiting area all glass and the reception is at the front .
You cannot see any patients/nurses or doctors as it is all closed off unless you are admitted. Last time I remember they wheeled me in through the main hallway and had people look so am glad it is more private.
Also the postpartum rooms are like small hotel rooms with huge washroom and tv, a sofa bed for my DH to catch a nap.

Now if only my labor can feel like a vacation!
August 29th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds great!!! I like having a closed off maternity ward.

August 30th, 2013, 08:04 AM
MakeupMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm going to a new hospital this time and from what I've read, their "Lullaby Maternity Ward" is top rated. I'm anxious for my tour on the 14th...
August 30th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you liked the hospital set-up!

We did a tour a couple weeks ago. Our hospital has it so you need to be admitted as well (locked doors). The triage, labor, and pp rooms are all private. Sofa bed for us too! Perfect for hubbie and 5-year-old to spend the night.

I think there might only be a shower in the bathroom, but it was a pretty big one (the pp rooms were renovated rather recently so it's all shiny and new looking), but I will likely only want a shower after the birth! They have tubs in the birthing suites, though, so I'll be able to labor in one (no water birth allowed for me since I'm doing a VBAC - boo - my doctor said boo to that as well, as it's hospital policy not hers).

Overall a nice set-up, even if I'd rather be at the the birth center - lol.

August 30th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Awesome!

TTC #3!
August 30th, 2013, 08:30 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i haven't toured my hospital yet (i've actually never even been to it) but i do know that you aren't allowed on the floor unless you are a patient or on a list premade by the patient. there are visiting hours for family and friends (we'll have to sneak in my little sister because she's 11, you have to be 13 or older) but Nate can visit us 24/7 as long as he doesn't sleep there.
August 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksaresnazzy View Post
i haven't toured my hospital yet (i've actually never even been to it) but i do know that you aren't allowed on the floor unless you are a patient or on a list premade by the patient. there are visiting hours for family and friends (we'll have to sneak in my little sister because she's 11, you have to be 13 or older) but Nate can visit us 24/7 as long as he doesn't sleep there.
I'm surprised they won't let Nate sleep there. Most labor and delivery wards will allow dad to stay too. That's strange..
August 30th, 2013, 09:44 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm going to ask, but hopefully i'm in and out quickly and it won't be too big a deal. since he's getting the week after delivery off, he could potentially spend all his time at the hospital with us, and that's kind of how i want it.. i hate being the kind of girl "you have to stay with me, you can't leave me" but after popping out his kid, i'm entitled to be selfish with his time for a few days.
August 30th, 2013, 11:01 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol... my husband is not allowed to leave my sight without my permission unless its to work, get me food or potty break .. I feel so evil
August 30th, 2013, 11:50 AM
lol!!! Fairy...my sentiments exactly!!! Bwahahahahaah
August 30th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you liked it! Ours is also fully locked down. With the last 2 kiddos I sent hubby home at night to get a good night's sleep on a real bed and to help with the boys.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search