Has anyone

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pre registered with the hospital yet? At my last appt I received all of that info and was told I need to pre register now. Eeeeep! It's coming soon! Does anyone here have to pay for a private room? I did with all of the other kids, $100 a night but this time they have all private rooms which I'm happy about because $400 can go a long ways! I can pay for an upgraded room but I'm not sure if I will.

August 30th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I already pre-registered because I wanted to get it over with (I was able to do it online).

All private rooms at my hospital, so no extra charge!

August 30th, 2013, 09:27 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what does it mean to pre-register?
August 30th, 2013, 09:34 AM
robynpuff79's Avatar Veteran
I never heard of this pre-register thing either... I thought I would show up when it was time!
ducksaresnazzy likes this.

August 30th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe it's not common at all hospitals, but you just basically fill out all the info they need now instead of when you get to the hospital. Like your insurance info etc. my hospital is a big hospital in Dallas so it's very big and busy so maybe smaller hospitals don't do it.

August 30th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Veteran
I pre registered w/ my last but I havent yet w/ this baby. I dont know that I will. The hospital has all of my info from my previous delivery and honestly I think its a way for them to start calling you to collect payment upfront BEFORE you even deliver.

Mom to 3 and an angel

Tristan 4/96
Jack 9/10
Katie 11/13

August 30th, 2013, 09:48 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB clinic is associated with the hospital so when I filled out my paperwork there I am also registered with the hospital. Last time my husband booked a private room during my delivery.. I believe that is how its done there.
August 30th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pre-registering is just a way to make things go more quickly once you're there. Less time standing around having to have them plug your info into their computers - lol.

My hospital is a big one too. Not sure if the smaller ones do pre-registering, but it doesn't hurt to ask about it!

August 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I wonder if I can pre-register online too.

Introducing the Minis

August 30th, 2013, 10:10 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They had me pre-register at my first appointment at SEVEN weeks. Yep, so I registered early! LOL

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
August 30th, 2013, 10:58 AM
MakeupMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't pre-registered yet. I think I'll receive the information to do so at my maternity tour which is Sept 14th
August 30th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Huh. I've never heard of this. At my hospital, at least the first time I delivered there, all the rooms are private. I guess my doctor will tell me when the time comes if its something I need to do or not.

August 30th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So far they just gave me the consent form for L&D
August 30th, 2013, 12:03 PM
The husband and wife team at my OB office are also heads of the department at the hospital so I'll ask at my next visit! I feel like there are SO many things I don't know, it's overwhelming at times.
AmyKC12 and ducksaresnazzy like this.

August 30th, 2013, 12:12 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
same here, robynpuff! i feel like every post i make is some silly question, because my doctor appointments are a month apart and i can't ask my mom, so i ask the been there moms on here
robynpuff79 and AmyKC12 like this.
August 30th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksaresnazzy View Post
same here, robynpuff! i feel like every post i make is some silly question, because my doctor appointments are a month apart and i can't ask my mom, so i ask the been there moms on here
Yes, this board has been SO helpful!! I would be even more lost without it, if that's possible

August 30th, 2013, 12:26 PM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, I've already registered (did online). And I'm almost positive that all of the delivery/recovery rooms at the hospital are private.

August 30th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started to register online today, but then when I realized my purse with my insurance cards were in the other room I gave up. Was too lazy to try and get myself up off the couch, lol. I need to get it done though. The next 12 weeks will go by fast!!!

Oh, though I have to say that when I was in labor with my daughter, they had lost all my info from pre-registering, and were trying to make me fill everything out literally during transition! I actually signed all the consent forms and whatever AFTER she was born, lol!

August 30th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The dr just mentioned it at my visit last week, but I haven't done it yet.

All the rooms are private at my hospital.
August 30th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if preregistration helps. I always have and still they ask me a million questions during contractions. With my first they sent my DH off to do who knows what and it was at night and he got terribly lost. All our rooms are private rooms here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search