one of the best articles I've read in a while

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2013, 07:43 AM
seaside's Avatar Veteran
Why Parents Hate Parenting -- New York Magazine

And still going for number 2 is not something I would ever give up (let alone number1)

Can't imagine my life wo DS nor would I want to.

Comments ladies...?

September 2nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i found the comments really disturbing. while i was not happy about being pregnant at 34 after nearly being finished raising my kids, i did not look at it the way a lot of these people do. they just have no value for life at all. but like a smart commenter said, if you were unhappy with you before, having kids didn't make you unhappy.

yes we lose things because we have to sacrifice ourselves but, when these kids are adults, we have the chance to get life back in a renewed more appreciated way. plus we have someone to share that with. a dog is not the same, no matter what people have tricked themselves into believing.

now the article did say something interesting about the increase in displeasure-- it's largely b/c people know what they're missing out on due to waiting until later in life to have children. now that's what had me not happy.

Introducing the Minis

September 2nd, 2013, 11:30 PM
seaside's Avatar Veteran
To be honest, I didn't even try to read the comments. These types of articles usually get monster comments that come from trolls who love to getvtheir frustrations out in anonymous web sites but still have all the audience/attention they crave...

I only started my family at 33 w/DS and now 2.5 yrs later waiting for the arrival of a little princess.
To say I have more fun now would be rediculous. But, without being too cliche the love I feel and get in return is completely pricelss and the joy I feel from every little smile, giggle and achievement (his first puzzle day b4 yesterday for example) is beyond anything I ever imagined. Really.
So, yes it's VERY hard work that doesn't end at 5 pm (or 9 or 11 for that matter) but I don't believe coming home to a childless house would be as satisfying -for me at least.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search