Oh goodness! 10 Weeks until Baby Day

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Why is time speeding up like this?

It's been dragging all pregnancy and now it wants to fly by at a speed that'll break sound barriers.

I'm not ready.

I'm not ready.

I'm not ready.

10 weeks, well, possibly less b/c my doc is talking about moving it up a bit. Maybe even only 7 if they come at 35 weeks like 60% of twin pregnancies.

don't. hyper. vent. ilate.

Introducing the Minis

Last edited by shana1979; September 2nd, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
September 2nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know, time is flying! I remember when I found out I was preggo and couldn't believe I had to wait so long to find out the sex. Now this last trimester is flying by!!
September 2nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i get that you're trying to convey a serious message.. but the smileys made me giggle as i read it.

i feel that way too.. i didn't find out i was pregnant until i was already in my second trimester, so i thought the entire pregnancy would fly by.. each day drags on but then i look at the calendar and it's september.. i'm still in the first week of august mentally like panicking because soon i'll look and it'll be november .-.
September 2nd, 2013, 09:03 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so excited I just cant hide it!! Lol

September 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's still dragging for me - lol. Not going fast enough!

Though I still have too much to get done before little bub arrives!
~Kris~ likes this.

September 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally feel ya! I really need more time! As much time as possible to get through as much of this semester as possible! Totally panicking over here as well!

September 2nd, 2013, 09:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is starting to go by way too fast!!! Since you and I are both in the same situation with starting over with newborns, I know how you feel! I keep telling hubby that we need to get going on buying stuff for this LO. We have diapers and a couple onesies and sleepers but that is all!! Hopefully we can go get his carseat and stroller next week, and more clothes, receiving blankets, etc soon. I am feeling very unprepared :/

September 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its going quickly for me too now and I'm excited! I just want this whole thing to be over with and to have healthy babies! I'm down to 59 days until 37 weeks which is my goal. I'm thinking of packing up my bag with at least the baby stuff. Everything is ready. What more do you need to do? I'm finding stuff to do like making hats! Last night I was up looking at patterns to make strawberry hats because its suddenly something I need!

September 2nd, 2013, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i have 68 days until i hit 37 weeks.

i have diapers, a few onesies, car seats, stroller, and a crib.
but:
*i don't have bottles, blankets, or cloth diapers
*i'm not done with my two classes
*i haven't set up lessons plans my own students for when i'm on maternity leave
*i no longer know who's going to watch them once i return to work bc my mom's not
*i haven't followed up with insurance about the breast pump or looked into short term disability/FMLA
*i don't yet have enough money saved to make it through a month.
*i don't know what kind of help i will have once they do come and i have to recup from my csection
*i'm worried my wrists won't heal
*and I'm really hoping i won't slip into ppd when the enormity of how alone i am with two babies hits me

these little scares i've had two weekends in a row are getting to me and demonstrating just how unprepared i am. and the weeks are FLYING by.
ducksaresnazzy likes this.

Introducing the Minis

Last edited by shana1979; September 2nd, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
September 2nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
While i'm not having twins, i feel you. I have 9 weeks left and a lotttttttt left to do. Sometimes i sit and think about it and start to have a mild panic. But then i go back to procrastinating. >_>

But i have the basics at least! Well i don't have any wipes or nursing pads so i guess if baby came today he'd be a tad rashy and i'd be leaking in a very awkward way.

DEEP breaths! I hope everything falls into place for you at exactly the right time. *hugs*

September 2nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear you... I'm down to 65 days to make it to 40 weeks... as a FTM I have so many mixed feelings... it's definitely exciting but certainly overwhelming. I'm just so glad that I have such a great support system in place both IRL and here You guys are all really great and I am so glad I found JM!
shana1979 likes this.
September 2nd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Time's still dragging by for me!
September 2nd, 2013, 05:06 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can relate to everything in this post!
Ever since I found out I might be induced again with episiotomy I am terrified. It is already September! Somehow I have been thinking about labor A Lot making me nervous.. Can't sleep through the nights or enjoy the days as much. My DH is going back to work tomorrow.. He has been helping out a lot. I haven't bought anything for the baby yet.. have to leave lesson plans for students .. And most of all am really worried how my 3 yr old will handle a new baby.

I am excited to meet the baby.. And can't wait until this labor process is over and I am home.. Won't be getting any help from family so will have to really slee when baby is sleeping and keep cool. I am hoping my three year old will help bringing diapers, clothes and with clean up.

I just tell myself I will get through it because I HAVE to
September 2nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyDustMom View Post
I can relate to everything in this post!
Ever since I found out I might be induced again with episiotomy I am terrified. It is already September! Somehow I have been thinking about labor A Lot making me nervous.. Can't sleep through the nights or enjoy the days as much. My DH is going back to work tomorrow.. He has been helping out a lot. I haven't bought anything for the baby yet.. have to leave lesson plans for students .. And most of all am really worried how my 3 yr old will handle a new baby.

I am excited to meet the baby.. And can't wait until this labor process is over and I am home.. Won't be getting any help from family so will have to really slee when baby is sleeping and keep cool. I am hoping my three year old will help bringing diapers, clothes and with clean up.

I just tell myself I will get through it because I HAVE to
how long are you taking off from teaching?

i'm quite sure your toddler will be helpful. they love taking care of babies.

yes the big plus is BABIES and i'm really trying not to think beyond that point, like what if they don't go to sleep at the same time or they're really hungry at the same time or--

Introducing the Minis

September 2nd, 2013, 05:55 PM
I am planning to take a week off after labour then check up on my students for three weeks and hopefully take rest of time off until January due to Christmas holidays.
My students have exams in January and most are very ambitious if I take longer they will try another teacher temporarily and usually when that happens I won't expect them to return. I put so much heart and time into shaping their technique etc it would be bittersweet . I am hoping I can pull it off somehow.
Fingers crossed for a quiet baby.
September 2nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really, really nervous. I'm a first time mom and as it gets closer I'm starting to get more and more scared. Like, what if I can't do this? I've gone overboard at buying thing but what if its not the right things? Are we going to be okay financially? I'm scared!
ducksaresnazzy likes this.
September 2nd, 2013, 05:59 PM
I am trying to be realistic and should I need more time then baby will come first .. I am sure there will be days of tears and complaining to my husband but know I will have to be strong, survive and snap out of it.
September 2nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
yes the big plus is BABIES and i'm really trying not to think beyond that point, like what if they don't go to sleep at the same time or they're really hungry at the same time or-- [/QUOTE]

.. I can just imagine getting up in the middle of the night after a fourth time saying "oh come on!! Just go to sleep" and feeding while I am half awake ..
Glad to hear am not the only one with those concerns will tell myself this. My first Dd made me so tough and remember my mother came by to check on me once and said " you don't need my help you are fine" I was like "mother I Don't have any help do I have a choice!" So I think my survival mode will hit in once baby comes!
September 2nd, 2013, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am planning to take a week off after labour then check up on my students for three weeks and hopefully take rest of time off until January due to Christmas holidays.
My students have exams in January and most are very ambitious if I take longer they will try another teacher temporarily and usually when that happens I won't expect them to return. I put so much heart and time into shaping their technique etc it would be bittersweet . I am hoping I can pull it off somehow.
Fingers crossed for a quiet baby.
can you go to an online learning management system like schoology or coursesites by blackboard? it would be a way to keep communication going with your students. you can flip your classroom by making videos for them, posting notes and lectures that they can use, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slp2012 View Post
I'm really, really nervous. I'm a first time mom and as it gets closer I'm starting to get more and more scared. Like, what if I can't do this? I've gone overboard at buying thing but what if its not the right things? Are we going to be okay financially? I'm scared!
yes, i'm with you. i haven't gone overboard but i wonder if what i have is enough. i seriously feel like a first time mom as it has been 14 years since i last had a kid. and, yes, i'm scared.

Quote:

.. I can just imagine getting up in the middle of the night after a fourth time saying "oh come on!! Just go to sleep" and feeding while I am half awake ..
Glad to hear am not the only one with those concerns will tell myself this. My first Dd made me so tough and remember my mother came by to check on me once and said " you don't need my help you are fine" I was like "mother I Don't have any help do I have a choice!" So I think my survival mode will hit in once baby comes!
i'm counting on survival mode; it's gotten me through so much of my life already-- just doing things i HAVE to do. i was growing weary from having to do that but i guess i'm back on the hamster wheel again.

Introducing the Minis

September 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by slp2012 View Post
This is pretty much me. When I think about how many weeks are left I get this little panicky feeling in my stomach. I just don't feel ready yet! But I don't know if anyone ever feels 100% ready either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search