30 wk appt & suddenly measuring way ahead?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Classy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Classy's Avatar Love my 3 girls!
Went in yesterday and appt went pretty great- Dr was happy I made it this far after my Pre E scare at 26 weeks. We are still watching for Pre E- since I've had it twice already Dr is sure its going to pop up at some point, but so far so good, BP was 114/60 & I only weighed 2lbs more than I did on July 31st! Which is amazing for me since I tend to gain A LOT, especially in the 3rd tri. I've been eating like CRAZY and expected to gain at least 5lbs- so I think I had a lot of swelling in July that has gone away now, so maybe I was actually up more than I should have bee due to the water weight and now I am back where I should be? Who knows but I will take it! I have been somewhere in the 3rd tri for all 3 pregnancies and the summers kill me because of all the swelling. This is the first one that I have been able to keep it under control. Yay for the mildest summer ever!

& Get this- apparently I am measuring 33 weeks- I am only 30 weeks! I could've sworn this baby was going to be average size, 2 weeks ago I was right on track, but all of a sudden I am 3 weeks ahead? Anyone ever had this happen? He measured twice to be sure. I have a growth scan next week so we should know a bit more at that point, but even those can be off so who knows. I had a scan the morning YDD was born and they predicted she was 8.5 lbs- she ended up being 9.4 so they were off almost a pound. She measuring a week ahead most of my pregnancy- if she was 9.4, I am scared to see what measuring 3 weeks ahead will bring. Hoping its just my super tilted uterus making things seem bigger than they really are.

Anyhow, everything is going well, and I get to see my little girl next week! Can't wait!
shana1979 likes this.
September 4th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe the baby was lying in some strange position?!

And yay for no pre-E still
September 4th, 2013, 07:46 AM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woo hoo for no pre-e!! And yikes for a big baby!

September 4th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad the pre-e is staying away for now! Getting to 30 weeks is a huge accomplishment when the possibility of pre-e is there!

I wouldn't worry too much about the change in measurements. Baby changing position can totally throw things off!
September 4th, 2013, 07:51 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good to hear no signs of pre-e. I would have the doctor check the size again in couple weeks and see if it increased or stayed the same. Maybe the growth will slow down and the baby had a growth spurt... I hear they are suppose to gain half a pound to pound a week now.
September 4th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No clue on the size.

Glad to hear the pre-e has stayed away!

September 4th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Classy's Avatar Love my 3 girls!
Thanks ladies! I am hoping it was just a growth spurt, or even position as well, but she has pretty much stayed in the same spot on my left side for the last month or so. It'll be interesting to see what the u/s says next week. I have always felt she would be average sized, but lately I have gotten super uncomfortable and just feel so full of baby! Plus I am petite and carrying around a 9+lb baby was super hard on my body- if this girl is any bigger, I don't know what I will do!
September 4th, 2013, 11:50 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I read that around this time there is a big growth spurt with baby- so that could be it Glad you had a good appt!
September 4th, 2013, 01:08 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like an awesome appt congrats and yay for another us!!!! I wonder why they bother measuring if they refuse to change due dates! It's kinda stupid IMO to say" your measuring 4 weeks ahead but we are going to keep you on schedule!"

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
September 4th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseamb View Post
I wonder why they bother measuring if they refuse to change due dates! It's kinda stupid IMO to say" your measuring 4 weeks ahead but we are going to keep you on schedule!"
Though, just because a baby measures big, doesn't mean that they are gestationally ahead, you know? Just like a small 5lb baby at birth doesn't necessarily mean that the baby isn't fully developed, you know???
September 4th, 2013, 01:19 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I understand that for sure. But I mean isn't there a better way of saying...." Oooo baby is measuring big," co pared too " your measuring 3/4 weeks ahead " lol it's definitely a way of lulling a mom into a false sense of security lol

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
September 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for healthy pg! I hope baby doesn't get too big, but it sounds like you have the history for it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search