Finally hammered out William's name

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2013, 11:26 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i used to love more masculine names or nontraditional names, but now that i'm actually pregnant, i want a huge girlie girl. i never was one so i'm channeling all my 17 years of wasted femininity into one pregnancy
shana1979 likes this.
September 14th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyDustMom View Post
Alex is really nice for a girl.. and could also be a boys name!
I've taught a lot of Alex(andra/andria) & Alejandra & Alexis & Alexa. But it is a nice strong name.

Georgia Claire was an interesting name to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmom4 View Post
I've seen Peyton for a boy and Payton for girls.
I saw the different spellings when I looked up meanings and the ey is the only one I like.

Introducing the Minis

September 14th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Very strong name! I'd give him your last name as well! For one its a good last name and it will match you. Being raised in a family where I didn't match my mom (remarriage), it was obnoxious. I was called by the new name which was ugly and I didn't like it! My birth name is the one I like. If the man isn't there for the day to day raising of the kids, I'd give my kids my last name. Its become law in some states that the child has to have the mothers last name. A sperm donor doesn't get a namesake!
shana1979 likes this.

September 14th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABs View Post
Very strong name! I'd give him your last name as well! For one its a good last name and it will match you. Being raised in a family where I didn't match my mom (remarriage), it was obnoxious. I was called by the new name which was ugly and I didn't like it! My birth name is the one I like. If the man isn't there for the day to day raising of the kids, I'd give my kids my last name. Its become law in some states that the child has to have the mothers last name. A sperm donor doesn't get a namesake!
I was raised as the only one in my family with a different last name; my mom remarried also. One day they called me by my step-father's last name over the school PA. It was so awkward and didn't fit. I love my last name.

He's going to be there for delivery and a few days after the surgery to help me when my mother can't. On the one hand, I want all my kids to have the same last name. On the other hand, they're entitled to his. He says it's up to me.

Introducing the Minis

September 14th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wait, do you like Georgia Claire? OH PICK THAT!!! This one will be Georgia Leigh and her sister is Stella Claire, so you know i think that's a solid name.

I also love the name William, and I had a crush on a William in elementary school who was black. He was sooooo cute.
shana1979 likes this.
September 14th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She's definitely Peyton but Georgia Claire is a pretty cool name. Sounds like an author, singer, model, actor, musician-- someone really artsy.
ducksaresnazzy likes this.

Introducing the Minis

September 14th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If it were me, I'd give them my last name! If they grow up wanting his for some reason, I'd pay the $50 or whatever it is to legally change it for them! I've known too many people who have used the fathers last name and then after the father never saw the kid after 6 months, they had a name that only meant abandonment to them. One friend went and legally changed his last name to her maiden name legally to appease her son who was furious about it. The little boy was only 7 and refused to answer to his last name. It was causing all sorts of issues at school.

I wanted to use my maiden name as a middle name for one of our sons. It is used as a first name too, so it wasn't weird. My DH couldn't understand why I'd want to name a child after my father who has never been close to me. I don't associate the name with him, but with my brothers and me as a unit. I named him after my brother instead and it made my DH much happier.
shana1979 likes this.

September 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
if our baby had been a boy, i wanted to name him Jacobs Davies Gerow. Davies is my last name, and since i'm giving the baby his last name even though we aren't married, i didn't think it'd be a big deal. but he went through the roof thinking i was trying to weasel my into a hyphenated name or just dropping Gerow all together. i dropped it for the moment, and then we found out we're having a girl, so it became irrelevant. he said after that if we have another accident, we can give THAT child Davies as a last name, but i don't want the second one to feel left out when his parents and older sister (assuming Nate and i get married someday) are all Gerows. it was a hollow offer on purpose, i think.
September 14th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyDustMom View Post
All the names I like are longer and my husband has a 10 letter last name that ends with -ski
He does like Genevieve .. so from the name list maybe he'd go with that- lol never heard of Nevaeh here .
Also never met a Peyton yet how did you come across this name? original here sounds strong too
try having a maiden name and a married name that each are 11 letters long and end in -ski.....we joked that if we hyphenated the kids last name it might be considered abuse

Shana- are you going to give Peyton 2 middle names too?
shana1979 and FairyDustMom like this.
September 14th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Peyton, as of right now, has just one. Which one is the question.

Introducing the Minis

September 15th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, Peyton's name is hammered out as well. She'll get her father's last name as a middle name since it's a girl's name anyway: Peyton Renee Leslie Cannon.
FairyDustMom likes this.

Introducing the Minis

September 15th, 2013, 03:22 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Shana, I LOVE his name! What a strong, handsome name!! And it does sound very presidential or CEO ish!
shana1979 likes this.
September 16th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love his name, it sounds princely!
shana1979 likes this.
September 16th, 2013, 08:01 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love it!!!! Btw I love the two middles
Garrett William Jonathan
Lukas Phillip Thomas

I think it sounds strong and distinguished
shana1979 likes this.