team pink posting war

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2013, 09:32 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol.. Chelsea you are set on diapers ..although you will go through them really fast. GOod you are stocking up as they can cost so much money!
September 27th, 2013, 09:35 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the only reason im allowing it to consume me.... 6 brothers, 2 sons lol ive lived with blue aand bpyish stuff since i was 6 years old. The first girl born to my family was 3 years ago (since i was born!)
im so happy i dont have to do unisex or blue anymore....
FairyDustMom likes this.

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
September 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slp2012 View Post
I think I am the odd girl momma out! I hate girly/pink stuff. I tried to avoid it as much as possible when shopping for clothes/decorating her room. I won't pierce her ears either. I am leaving that as a choice for her.

But she will probably end up loving pink and barbies and be a cheerleader and it will be so weird for me. But of course, I'll still love her.
Never thought of looking at ear piercing her ears as a choice.. so neat. When I ask my toddler if she wants to have her ears pierced like mommy she says no it will hurt. Maybe I should wait until she asks herself? Would be exciting to be there for her when she is getting it done

LOl.. not all girls like barbies and pink.. mine likes to play with cars.. dolls too but she acts like a boy! So loud and has a strong voice! But you are right more chance she will be all girly with pink and barbies

Cant wait to see what they will become .. I am very liberal so whatever she decides to be/like I am fine with it (as long she doesnt like boys too early!!!)
September 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
those arent all diapers lol.. those are clothes in diaper boxes!... i have 3 packs of size 1 though, 2 packs of size 2. so i have a little start on that lol

i was totally that little girl who played with barbies AND GI Joes!!! and if my daughter does too then so be it i just want heer to grow to be strong and independant!!!!
the peircing thing, i considered letting it be her choice when she reached a certain age... BUT.. i got mine done at 6 months, and so have the girls in my family. Because of that i had no fear, i dont remember any pain, no trauma at all... AND... its been so long healed that i can go years without wearing earrings and the holes do not close!yay lol..

but it is totally a personal choice. I dont really like wearing earrings, so i dont, but i love that i have the option

[IMG]
September 27th, 2013, 09:39 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
everyone thought i was going to put my baby in nothing but black, skulls, band apparel, converse, dark prints, reds.. and i thought so too. now she's got more pink in her closet than victoria's secret.

and Nate won't let me pierce her ears- he's afraid she'll grow up and resent us for putting random holes in her body. uh, ok?
Erin1826 likes this.
September 27th, 2013, 09:40 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our daughter will have her ears pierced at a shop with a needle when or if she asks us.

I have enough newborn PJs but I need a few more NB outfits and layering onesies. I'm half way done with size 3 months. We have received one gift and I'm not having a shower.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

September 27th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseamb View Post
those arent all diapers lol.. those are clothes in diaper boxes!... i have 3 packs of size 1 though, 2 packs of size 2. so i have a little start on that lol
Clothes! Thought you were collecting diapers Chelsea!
She is going to be one fashionista!
September 27th, 2013, 09:43 AM
what have you guys thought about regarding a first"toy" .... bear? doll?

My grandma gave us a bear from my great grandmother <3 it is already in her room

[IMG]
September 27th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Eve has a collection of stuffed animals right now but i think the one we'll give her first will be a pink stuffed poodle thing Nate had when he was a baby. one of his older, girl cousins gave it to him and he loved it.
chelseamb likes this.
September 27th, 2013, 09:47 AM
thats cute passed down from daddy!. i used to have tonnes of stuffies! i got rid of alot over the years

[IMG]
September 27th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Stella's first toy was a little rabbit family. And she got a baby doll for her first birthday. She loves them both~!
September 27th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseamb View Post
what have you guys thought about regarding a first"toy" .... bear? doll?

My grandma gave us a bear from my great grandmother <3 it is already in her room
I put my stuffed teddies in DD's crib (collected while I was dating my DH). When she got to be 4 months was sooo cute to see her try to reach them and talk to them.
I will reuse the ones I have.. a huge basket full of teddies and will see which one she likes best

Also so cute to take baby pics with a stuffed animal.
I dressed one teddy in a diaper - was the same size as her.. and took a picture of them both in diaper. So cute!
September 27th, 2013, 09:51 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I picked a first doll with my son. We tied it to pink balloons for her gender reveal at his Bday party.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

September 27th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Who thinks their baby girl will be born with hair?
My last one had little bit of hair at the bottom of her head, was almost black (now she is a blondie!) the black hair came out and the new growth was blond. Her hair grows so slow..
I hope she takes after me for hair as it has more texture.
Who do you think she will inherit the hair gene from you or your partner?
September 27th, 2013, 09:52 AM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
I have no clue what her first toy will be! As for pink, I've always disliked it and recently have found a new appreciation for it! :-)

September 27th, 2013, 09:53 AM
i have one of my own from when i was little, but honestly girls, when Nate's at work.. i still sleep with that bear /shame. i'm not sure she can have it.
September 27th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aubrey View Post
I have no clue what her first toy will be! As for pink, I've always disliked it and recently have found a new appreciation for it! :-)
Lol.. that is why there is soo much pink in stores!
September 27th, 2013, 09:56 AM
with Nate's hair this little girl will definitely have something.
September 27th, 2013, 09:59 AM
im hoping she has my hair texture... it was thick when i was younger.. both of us were bleach blondies when we were younger, but i went red lol... red is VERY dominant in our families so we are interested to see what comes of it with this little one

btw i am totally doing that teddy bear month to month picture thing

[IMG]
September 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksaresnazzy View Post
i have one of my own from when i was little, but honestly girls, when Nate's at work.. i still sleep with that bear /shame. i'm not sure she can have it.
I slept with my baby pillow until my DD possessed it and is now sleeping with it. Looks like this pillow is going to be passed down from generation to generation (My husband thinks this is disgusting and thinks it has bugs inside since I've had it over 30 years).. I checked and no bugs so no worries! Hopefully it can last another 30!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search