team pink posting war

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2013, 11:08 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our son has a mix of our hair I think our daughter will be darker like me tho.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

September 27th, 2013, 11:17 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Team blue is catching up... they dont give up!!!
September 27th, 2013, 11:18 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nate and both had super blond, super straight hair. when he started smoking it curled and went a light brown, dirty blond color. i started dying my hair while i was still in the blonde stage and have no idea what it'd be if i stripped and let it grow back.

i hope Eve gets her dad's curls, but later in life, like he did (without the smoking part).

what do ya'll want your little girls to look like? i want Eve to look like me but with Nate's eyes/ ears/ curls. he's got a very manly body, so if she inherited much more from him, it'd be.. interesting as long as she doesn't get his hairy feet though i'll be happy!
September 27th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Old wives tale "baby girls steal mothers beauty?" Do you believe it?
Do you feel you have the pregnancy glow.. or is she taking all of it away?

I believed it with my DD, I looked huge, swollen, pimples
This one she is being easy on me and other than the weight gain and thicker hair.. havent noticed any changes
September 27th, 2013, 11:28 AM
i got acne for the first time ever. i never even got those random pimples one at a time.
September 27th, 2013, 11:35 AM
“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”
― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

We are beautiful because we are suffering through this pregnancy
September 27th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pink - I avoid it at all costs. So happy my first's fav color is blue - lol. Though she has more pink clothes now than when she was a baby.

Ear piercing - My first does not have pierced ears. Only if my girls ask for it when they're older. But if they take after me, they will be allergic to having metal in their ears!

Hair - I dreamt this one had a full head of hair. I honestly have no clue. But usually children take after mamas for hair thickness etc. My daughter has thin, fine hair like I do. She actually has my color (when I was her age) too, but she has a nice little wave from daddy. My guess is little bub will have thin, fine hair too, but I think she'll have a darker brown like daddy!

OK, that's my addition to the posting war. That may have sapped the last of my energy. MUST EAT!

September 27th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I do have more heartburn now then with dd so hope she has better hair
September 27th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeunicorn View Post
Ear piercing - My first does not have pierced ears. Only if my girls ask for it when they're older. But if they take after me, they will be allergic to having metal in their ears!
My ears cant wear anything fake either
September 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Is your partner excited to have a little girl?
Ducks yours wanted a boy.. same with my DH

I think she will be daddys little girl!
September 27th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Where are all the pink mommas??
September 27th, 2013, 12:34 PM
he wanted a boy, but is coming around fabulously to the idea of alittle girl. he's so good with her already and i can tell she's gonna be a daddy's girl because she reacts to his voice the fastest- he starts talking and she starts moving! i think she also knows when he's coming home because evryday like clock work when he gets home, she starts moving like "where's daddy??"

sorry i was gone- Nate's coworkers threw us a surprise baby shower/ going away party just now and we went down for cake. they bought us a baby tub full of little things like safety locks, swaddlers, binkies, a piggy bank, sippy cups and spoons for when she's older.. a great group of ladies he's been working with!
September 27th, 2013, 12:36 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope that she gets my hair texture to be honest. I have thick, slightly wavy hair. I can easily straighten it or apply some product to accentuate the waves and I love it. I hope she get's Jason's darker hair. But we are both REALLY hoping she doesn't get his hair texture. His hair is really curly but really thin, so basically it just looks like a weird mess if he doesn't have it short.

I am really curious to see what she looks like! The only definite things I can say I hope she gets is my hair, Jason's eye color and his perfectly clear skin. I hope she gets her height from me and not him because he is 6'4. I can't think of any other specific things.

Hubby and I were both disappointed with a girl at first, but I think both of us have really warmed up to it and are happy about it. I think she's really gonna love her daddy and vice versa. He'll definitely be protective I think!
TTC #2

5 weeks 12/22/14
September 27th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Mine is coming around.. cant wait for the moment to see her in his arms. It is so sexy to see a man holding his baby
slp2012 and ducksaresnazzy like this.
September 27th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Nate and i are pretty close in height- i'm 5'5ish, he's 5'8. so she'll be on the tall side for a girl, no doubt. both of our dads are tall (mine 6'2, his 6'4) but our moms are both 5'4 so it'll be interesting to see if she takes after one of her grandparents.

we also both have blue eyes, although his have this really neat gold-green ring around the pupil. i want her to have his eyes. mine are just a grey-blue. and plus, i have vision problems, and Nate's is perfect.

what's one thing you'll miss about pre-baby life? i'm gonna miss not having a scheduled life. i mean, yeah i have work and school, but both of those are extremely flexible. i could pretty much hop in my car and go anywhere, anytime. i had time and money and energy. now, i'll have to put so much more planning and thought into my daily routine because i'll be responsible for Eve's daily routine too.

we both have pretty thick hair but his is CURLY and mine is just wavy. it curls in at the ends, but that's pretty much it. i prefer it straightened which i can't do while pregnant because when i reach up, she pulls herself up into my lungs, and that just doesn't do.

and oh my god fairydust, one of the pictures i'm MAKING Nate do for the newborn shots is a shirtless one of him holding Eve. i need it. he has the most fabulous shoulders/ arms. when we were on our break, i literally had dreams about them.
September 27th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksaresnazzy View Post
and oh my god fairydust, one of the pictures i'm MAKING Nate do for the newborn shots is a shirtless one of him holding Eve. i need it. he has the most fabulous shoulders/ arms. when we were on our break, i literally had dreams about them.
lol... made me laugh

My husband is 6'0
I am 5'4
I am not sure in what range she will fall in.. maybe around 5'5 /5'6?
I have brown eyes hubby green DD hazel
Most likely this one will have brown or darker than DH
I hope she has my body not his .. lol he is a bit "chunky" looking and big boned.. but it suits him so wouldnt really matter as long as she wears her body well

Ok ladies.. I am off to work and will be checking between students to get more posts in and kick some *** miraclebaby really thinks they will win this one ! I should be fully back by 8.30 pm tonight and have till midnight so hope they get worried
September 27th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No ear piercing here until they are old enough to choose. Its their body and I wouldn't feel right making that choice for them. It looks so cute though! I'll make up for it with hats and hair accessories!

I dress my girls in all sorts of colors. I tend to go for more pastel shades when little and no yellow at birth. All my babies have been jaundiced and look awful in yellow.

September 27th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I also not too fond of yellow on my DD.. maybe this one can pull it off
September 27th, 2013, 01:08 PM
i'm more a.. not really tom boy, because i take serious pride and time planning my outfits and accessories, but my usual outfit is a band shirt, jeans, and cute shoes. i have one necklace i wear that i got from my nana, but since i got pregnant i stopped. i have rings and bracelets from her too but prefer to wear bracelets and earring i bought myself because looking at her heirlooms make me kinda sad.

my favorite jewelry pieces are: my graduation ring, the earrings i wore to ball, and this chunky seashell bracelet, and the necklace from my nana, it's gold with a diamond in the center surrounded by opals.

i'm not fond of yellow in general. it doesn't suit my skin tone. i don't look good in orange, either, so Eve probably be wearing those colors too often either.
September 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Ok quickly read about jewelry and had to get in one more post.

I love my engagement ring (habit and been wearing it daily)
My wedding ring not so much .. because it was picked out last minute and DH promised I can choose and design and get it remade
My Tissot watch given by my DH on our first Christmas when we dated
Studs as earrings..
Chunky necklaces to update any boring item..been wearing too much black! BLAH

Ducks that nana necklace with opal seems interesting so lucky to inherit heirlooms

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search