Moretgage/rent payment

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2013, 06:28 AM
Bellrunner's Avatar Regular
We own a 3/2 house with ~1200 sq ft in Louisville, Kentucky. We pay 800/month. We love it for now (it is our starter home that we have updated/renovated), but it needs a basement if we were to stay for many years to come. So we'll probably start looking again next summer for something a little bit bigger with more storage space/bigger yard.
October 3rd, 2013, 03:36 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We live in a small city in eastern Wisconsin. We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment that's about 1,000 sq feet. We pay $600 a month. It's fine for now, but I really hope we have a house in a couple years.
October 4th, 2013, 07:15 AM
MakeupMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
We are in a Suburb just outside of Chicago..literally walking distance. We live in my father in law's old home and just pay the mortgage. Its a small 900sq ft, 2bd 1 bath and we pay $950.00. Which I think is way too much. I can't wait to move.
October 4th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Classy's Avatar Love my 3 girls!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbleboo12 View Post
I live in Virginia Beach, VA in a 4 BR/w room over garage, 3000 sq.ft. we rent for $1875 a month. That's pretty average around here, although it still seems like a ridiculous amount to pay.
I miss Va Beach but I don't miss the rent! I spent 3 years living at the Mayflower on Atlantic & 34th- 2BD 1BA, $1400/mo ($1100 w mil discount) for barely 800 sq ft. The only reason I wanted to live there was bc utilities were included (even electric) and we were literally right on the beach and I knew we weren't staying in the area long term. I would totally move back though, I loved it down there.

Cost of living here in NE Ohio is low. Its actually cheaper to buy than to rent. Until this past May we rented a 4bdrm 2ba house (that needed a lot of work, constantly) with a big yard in a nice suburb for $650/mo which was a great deal. Utilities were very high though, especially gas/heat because the house was not well insulated. My landlord was a jerk tho, furnace went out and he refused to replace it all winter- I had to buy elec heaters for every room in the house! So we needed to move, wanted to stay in this suburb but the deal on the house we planned to buy fell through so we just got an apt here in the meantime- 2bd 1ba, 1000 sq ft, 900/mo including water, pet rent, and washer dryer in suit. Utilities are very low here so we are paying less than we were before even with more expensive rent, and we have maintenance 24/7. Its expensive for this area and quarters are tight, but its just temporary.
October 4th, 2013, 11:44 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
3bdrm/2bath with about 10 acres and a barn for 400/mo. I also lease the 25 acre pasture as well for an extra 80/mo. I live just north of Wichita, KS

My rent is pretty low but I do a lot of work on the property to make up for it
October 4th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseGal View Post
3bdrm/2bath with about 10 acres and a barn for 400/mo. I also lease the 25 acre pasture as well for an extra 80/mo. I live just north of Wichita, KS

My rent is pretty low but I do a lot of work on the property to make up for it

Holy crap! That's less than my taxes alone!!!

There was a 10 acre property I was drooling over (though not drooling over the house) that was all set up for horses......it was going for over $1M....definitely out of our price range.
October 4th, 2013, 12:41 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
Holy crap! That's less than my taxes alone!!! There was a 10 acre property I was drooling over (though not drooling over the house) that was all set up for horses......it was going for over $1M....definitely out of our price range.
I'm looking to buy soon. Without some crazy awesome house you can pick up a decent old house with 15 acres for 125k here
October 4th, 2013, 02:48 PM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We rent a 2 story townhouse 30 min from green bay. 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath nothing included $560/mo

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search