kind of a personal question

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2013, 01:12 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was just thinking.. were any of your babies unplanned (obviously im not going to judge, my baby wasnt exactly planned either)?
October 4th, 2013, 04:22 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last one and this one was planned.
October 4th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Veteran
after almost 5 years of trying and then giving up to get our miracle cant say exactly planned as we had given up hope but definitely wanted
shana1979 and ducksaresnazzy like this.

Angie Mommy of Liam (7) Jacob (0)
October 4th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Super Mommy
Our first baby was the only one who wasn't technically "planned." She was very much wanted, just the timing surprised us as we were still newlyweds! I planned my son and this baby down to the month I wanted them to be born!

October 4th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We were NTNP with both (too much stress for me to actively TTC), but they were both very much wanted. We used prevention in the gap between them when we did not want another at that time (and before our first).

October 4th, 2013, 05:24 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
both of mine were planned

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 4th, 2013, 05:32 AM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This one was planned hubby made me wait four years but he finally budged and said ok it's baby time
FairyDustMom likes this.

October 4th, 2013, 05:42 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think out of all my pregnancy's (loss's included), I had maybe 6 that were not planned. I've been pregnant 14 times. These last two were not planned, I was waiting for insurance to kick in with this one for my tubes to be tied and my 7th was the failure of my IUD falling out and waiting the 30 days to get Ensure done......this is why I'm not leaving the hospital this time without my tubes tied!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

October 4th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caitlin was an oopse, obviously since I was 16 when I got pregnant, Parker was planned but my periods were irregular and that month it just happened to be on a 28 day cycle but I didn't have a clue, so we were pregnant before we were trying, I kept getting positive opks and that's how I found out I was pregnant. Finally took a test Christmas Day and was shocked! Jackson I had quit taking bc because it made me crazy and DH forgot? I think he's a miracle because we DTD on a Thursday and I didn't get a positive test until 16 days later and it was so faint I didn't know if
It was real, I felt funny that's why I kept testing. All dates conclude that the spermies would have lasted from Thursday to Monday. And that month would have been a 28 day cycle too, which is strange cause I was never 28 days. Weston not sure but he wasn't planned lol this baby wasn't planned but my periods were really out of wack, I was only getting on every 4 months and it just happened. But it's not like we were doing anything to prevent so while not "planned" we weren't shocked.

October 4th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Super Mommy
All 3 of mine were planned, the only unplanned was the months we got pregnant.

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
October 4th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
My first was completely unplanned. I was 18 and had just graduated high school a few months before. Her dad had just graduated military high school and was getting ready to go off to boot camp. I literally got pregnant on one of his breaks. I had always had irregular periods and was told I could never get pregnant. If I could do it all over again I would have totally waited to have her but wouldn't change having her for anything in the world. This baby my husband and I tried for. I had tried with my daughters father, my x husband and my husband now for a total of 11 years for another child. After 2 years of trying and finally adding Clomid we were able to conceive Levi!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!!!

October 4th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
All of mine and took some work! 4/5 months for #1 (don't remember exactly) 9 months for #2, 4 months for #3, and then 9 months for this one. Although we were trying for this one, we were moving right around the time we conceived and I honestly wasn't tracking days or anything and DTD was the farthest thing from my mind, so was very surprised we got pregnant that month!

I'm sure part of the reason it takes us longer is that we just DTD and watch the calendar, I don't use OPKs or do anything special or anything.

Even though it was frustrating, especially with #2 and #4 taking awhile, I know they were meant to come when they did/will! THings have a funny way of working out sometimes!
October 4th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Classy's Avatar Love my 3 girls!
We had planned to have a baby in the next couple of years, but it happened the first month we left caution to the wind. I am pretty sure DF was trying though. I was pregnant after the first month we didn't avoid around O.
October 4th, 2013, 06:41 AM
MakeupMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
My ods was not planned, I was 23 and thought I was in love and didn't take the proper precautions. My DD was planned after my husband and I got married. However, this one was not planned at all. We were having problems and I was honestly on my way out the door and divorce was on the horizon. I had contacted a lawyer and everything. But one last time, I decided to be nice and this is what happens. I do believe it was God's way of telling me to sit down somewhere lol! My husband is a good man and I was at a point where I was being selfish and wanted what I wanted regardless of who it would have hurt. I'm glad it happened. Its further proof that everything happens for a reason.
ducksaresnazzy likes this.
October 4th, 2013, 06:54 AM
bumbleboo12's Avatar Super Mommy
My 4 year old daughter was not planned. My now husband and i had been dating only 5 months, and I was switching birth control to get the IUD. In that two week window I got pregnant. I was not happy at first, he already has four children and we had no money. But we stuck it out and have been together 5.5 years now

We did try for this one, took us three months. But I am sure most assume she was an accident because "Who in their right mind would want that many kids?"

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 4th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Planned but not. We had planned to have another next year, I started the pill (we were using rhythm method before with no oopsies) and got pg when I started the placebo on the very first pack. With DD we were trying and also got pg immediately. Seriously, just looking at each other evidently gets us pregnant
October 4th, 2013, 07:23 AM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I got off birth control for the sole purpose of getting pregnant...took about 4 months. I was starting to get worried (yeah, dumb), so I had ordered a bunch of ovulation and pregnancy test strips right before I conceived, hah.

October 4th, 2013, 07:29 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Neither of my boys were planned miracles but loved and wanted as soon as that stick turned and this one... Was very planned! Shocked but planned loll DF said "let's start trying" I was blown away. But then he was so nervous because he kept worrying every time we dtd if it worked lol. I was nervous cause I wasn't sure how easy it would be with me overweight and 30 now... Two months into trying and bam!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
October 4th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This baby was a surprise timing-wise. We were going to try in another 6 months to s year. I conceived super late in my cycle.

10 weeks

October 4th, 2013, 07:53 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my story is that we had broken up in december, so i had stopped taking my b/c (my logic: who would i be needing it with?) we got back together in january and decided to focus on us, and work out the things that had caused us to break up (this may sound dramatic for 17/18 yr olds to be doing, but we had been together for 2 years and were eachother's first serious relationship, if you know what i mean, and both wanted to keep it that way). when i kept missing periods, i thought my body was still getting itself on its own natural track, with the b/c hormones, and that's why i wasn't getting one -.- we thought "just once" without protection, nothing would happen to us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search