Move it Monday

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Kris~
  • 1 Post By jadeunicorn
  • 1 Post By meritaten

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Now that the first baby has been born, are you feeling like you need to kick it into high gear???? I do!!!

So, what are you going to get moving on today?
October 7th, 2013, 06:55 AM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need to get that darn hospital bag packed! I got the baby's outfit, blanket and paci in there but that's all.

We will see if that gets done, no promises
October 7th, 2013, 06:55 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um yeah.... see my new post O_O

Today of course I have to work... BUT Our airducts are getting cleaned TODAY! I thought it was a little early, but that's what the guy could do it so I figured we might as well get it done. DH got a lot done on the house this weekend while I was gone. So it's allll coming together... which tells me we're getting closer.

I'm seeing a friend for lunch. She had a natural l&d but I don't think I can talk to her about it because I think it was a pretty horrible experience for her. Like, broken tailbone, every blood vessel in her face and eyes busted, etc. X_X Anyway.

Then I have a couple appts this afternoon, then heading home and hoping to clean up after air duct work is done (Although it's now 8:52 a.m. and he said he'd be here at 8...)??? He'll be getting a call shortly. HE's an independent guy, and actually our neighbor, so I'm not really all that concerned or irritated, I just want to make sure we're still on for today!

Tonight I'll be working on the nursery- I was gone ALL WEEKEND and did a lot of shopping for the last of the baby stuff. I am slowly starting to panic feeling like it won't all be ready/done. And I really want at least the nursery DONE. We still need to order a glider/rocker. I saw one at Target that I think we may order. I added it to my registry since I got a coupon for 10% off anything on myr egistry plus I will use my mom's red card for another 5% off and free shipping. Got lots of stuff- just needs to get organized and put away.

Hospital bag WILL be getting packed this week.

I have an OB appt for my 36 week check up Wed....
October 7th, 2013, 07:04 AM
So... just called teh guy- yeah. He forgot X_X so now he'll do it tomorrow... which stinks, because today would have been better since I'll be out of the house. Oh well.
October 7th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sadly, even a baby born in our DDC has not given me renewed vigor and energy.

My list is still rather long, but right now the only thing my brain can think of is NAP.

So, I'm going to read and try to stay awake for the next 30 minutes when I am due to have my snack, then nap after the snack.

That's all I'm even going to try for today, as I am cranky, tired, and my after breakfast sugars have been a pain (I really do think it's the apple type we have now - Red Delicious may just be a tad more sugary - sigh).
ducksaresnazzy likes this.

October 7th, 2013, 07:12 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am feeling sore and wanting to nap all the time.
I have been living in my bed sheets the last couple days.. And really in a blah mood-am terrified of labor and getting depressed. I hope I get good news tomorrow at my 35 week appointment. I have pretty much what I need for the baby just have to go out and buy nipple shells/shields, tucks, maxi pads etc...
October 7th, 2013, 07:24 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to go pick my meds,pick up fruit tray for the dr.s tomorrow,and go through some close that is in the way.Prepare a sleeping area for family in case they want to stay at my house.

oh and remember to do my kegals lol

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 7th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm, not me. I'm due at the end of Nov anyway so I'm totally not feeling inspired just yet

Being sick still doesn't help! I plan on being ready at the end of October and that will have to do. Too tired to do anything more quickly.

My goal for today is just to survive work. So far so good I suppose!
ducksaresnazzy likes this.
October 7th, 2013, 07:42 AM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Totally! I have to have a productive week this week! I HAVE to!!! Definitely working on the nursery today! DH is going to hang some shelves and pictures tonight. I have to find curtains...I have a valence but no curtains.

And I HAVE to get my thank you notes done. I feel like a terrible person. My second shower was three weeks ago and I don't have the notes out yet. Ugh. I suck.
October 7th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Oh yeah. Thanks for the reminder. I've got part of my thanks yous done.... need to finish those tomorrow. HAVE to be done before baby.
October 7th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Feeling a little bit of pressure to get some things done, though I don't have a lot of baby stuff to do, thankfully!

Got done so far today:

Up and ready/Kids up and ready
Fed boys breakfast
Made lunches for hubby and #1
Boys on the bus
Managed to not smack hubby when he had a fit about daughter eating the donut he wanted, which happened to be the last one (and by eat I mean eat the frosting off and leave a mangled mess.....though he was the one in bed with her still while I was outside in the 44* temp waiting for the bus with the boys and I came back in and found her making a mess of it!)
Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher
Made more tomato and cucumber salad for hubby
Cleared off the bar area, which included putting the shipping boxes I bought in the spare room, taking school papers down to the office, going thru the mail from Saturday that was still sitting there, and taking bills down to the file cabinet
Ordered the Smurf hats, blue makeup, and pants for son online
Check if paypal deposited $ so I could verify my account
Updated daughter's bday gift list with 2 things she got over the weekend
Got together the pants I need to take to my mom's tonight for her to hem for daughter
Looked for bus stop huts online, with no luck finding something that will work=hubby will have to make something
Checked the Secret Stash stuff-Most of you are GOOD TO GO!
#2 off bus/check folder
Enter receipts from this weekend and there are a lot of them!!!
Wash Lukas' bedding since his ear infection finally cleared and quit oozing on his pillow case/sheets (ewww!)
Put aside shepherds hooks that friend wants
Check/pay hubby airplane credit card
Get mail
Feed #2 and #3 lunch
#2 and #3 to swim lessons
Send out Melissa's blanket
GIft card order
#1 off bus/monitor homework and reading
Laundry x3
Early dinner for kids
Teresa to my mom's/boys to Religious Education class tonight
Kids baths
Kids in bed

Still need to:

Put up Halloween décor
CHeck/pay Menards card from purchase last weekend
Schedule for Babcia when she watches the kids
Upload daughter's bday pics
Fill out dehumidifier form for refund because of recall
Call water company about peroxide delivery-waiting on call back!
Make detailed list and pics of donation stuff for tax purposes
Call donation company about coming to pick up all the stuff we have!
Preregister at the hospital
Relax and knit!!!

Last edited by ~Kris~; October 7th, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
October 7th, 2013, 08:24 AM
again Kris, you exhaust me.
October 7th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A good chunk of that is stuff I have to do to keep the house functioning, but I feel better writing it down, that way I feel like I accomplished something!
October 7th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I don't *think* I have too much left to do to get ready for baby. As I've mentioned before I tend to be a bit of a procrastinator. For whatever reason doing things "too much" in advance makes me feel silly? But being 36 weeks I guess I should start putting carseats in cars and getting my hospital bag more squared away...maybe it's just bc I didn't have Teegan til 41 weeks lol.

Anyway, my list:

Wake up on time: actually accomplished
Make Teegan lunch: done
Double check backpack: done
Make it to work on time: accomplished by speeding
Work til 5: in progress
Call L&D and double check about what time they want me there: done
Call clinic and schedule next doctor visit: done
Grab Teegan a warmer, fur lined hoodie at Walmart: done
Confirm FIL is picking up Teegan from after school care: done
Go grocery shopping after work:
Go home and put away fridge/freezer groceries: