Ugly baby?!

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Veteran
I was really worried about that with my first. Honestly DH was a little weird looking as a kid- he has a huge head! But the little guy is adorable. If I thought about it more, I might be worried this time, but mostly I'm too busy with other things!
ducksaresnazzy likes this.
October 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've thought about it! Both DH and I have some pretty unique features and it's hard to figure out how that's all going to work haha. Plus in her ultrasounds the top half of her head looks so big!!
Baby #2
October 9th, 2013, 10:19 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the only thing i really really worried about was her getting Nate's nose. he's got a very.. manly nose. it works on his head but i wasn't too sure how it would look on a baby girl. and guess what? she's got his nose -.-
October 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope, Dylan will be the most handsome baby around, though I might be a little biased
shana1979 likes this.

October 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think no baby could be ugly to its mother lol but you'll be able to tell by the nurses!!! My friend said the nurses either fawn all over the baby or they just say "oh he/she is so precious" lol

I had fears when I had Garrett but now no

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
October 9th, 2013, 12:27 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol my baby had a big head.. She had a hard time lifting it and was a little behind .. But nothing hair can't cover.
The hairdresser will just have to get creative in the future to have it balance her body

She gets this from my husbands side
October 9th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always said my babies go thru an ugly stage when they get baby acne around a month old.
October 9th, 2013, 01:12 PM
bumbleboo12's Avatar Super Mommy
lol this is too funny. I worry too, but I don't know that I would ever be able to say my own baby was ugly, like I couldnt admit it to myself. My daughter was beautiful, but changed alot in the first few months too. My husband said his son, my step son, was an ugly baby lol. I think that the cute things they do outweigh how they look in the long run and you will always see them as precious anyway

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 9th, 2013, 01:34 PM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Seeing how this is my first and have no idea what to expect, yeahhh. But what can you do. Lol.

October 9th, 2013, 02:38 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The funny thing was that with DD #1, I wasn't worried about this at all...but this time around, it has definitely crossed my mind because we think DD is adorable and and hope that baby sister looks like her...

October 9th, 2013, 02:40 PM
bumbleboo12's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearmama View Post
The funny thing was that with DD #1, I wasn't worried about this at all...but this time around, it has definitely crossed my mind because we think DD is adorable and and hope that baby sister looks like her...

I do that too, I hope that this baby girl is as cute as my last one, and I worry about making comparisons to her

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 9th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To be truthful, if anyone does have a 'not so pretty' baby, they probably wont know. I believe that there is a hormonal response in all Mothers that makes them think that their babies are gorgeous so that we don't abandon them ROFL!!
That said, it seemed to skip me, because I will honestly say that some of my babies didn't start out the prettiest. They took time to grow in to being 'cute'. Youngest DD is only just now at 2 starting to look like a real little girl. Before that being bald, she looked really 'hard' & boyish IMO.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
October 9th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my 2nd wasn't photogenic at all as a baby. i still don't think he's the most attractive. he's got his dad's eyes and eyes shape and a lump for a nose. my side of the family saved him by given him eye brow shape, cheekbones, and a dimple so when he smiles he's cute.
Lotsakids likes this.

Introducing the Minis

October 9th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My son wasn't very cute when newborn. I wouldn't go as far as saying ugly, but he could've passed as a ewoke. I think he is the handsomest little boy now, but months 1-2 were intense. Even so, I like what lotsa kids said, if he isn't cute I love him soo much I'm blind.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search