Ugly baby?!

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else have a fear of an ugly baby? lol I know I will probably catch heck from that statement but I am so scared I will have an ugly baby. All of my kids were so cute, it only seems that odds will hit me now.

October 9th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not really, but I feel like most newborns look a little weird unless they're nice and fat. Four days after SC was born, a barista at the coffee shop commented on how well I was recovering from my c-section. C-section? I didn't have a c-section, I said.

"Oh! Well her head is just so nice and round and her face looks so good that I didn't think she'd made the long journey."

HAHAHAHA, what a weird, weird thing to say! But I will say, I was so proud that he thought I had a pretty, not-vaginal-delivery-looking baby.
~Kris~, shana1979, Txmom4 and 1 others like this.

October 9th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband and I honestly were worried about this with my son LOL! Every 2D ultrasound he looked so strange and some very prominent features. We weren't able to really get a 3D so we were actually worried that he was gonna be pretty ugly, at least in the beginning. ha ha

When he was born, they whisked him off to clean him and get some fluid off of him from my C section. My husband snapped a few shots and showed me his face while I was waiting for him to be brought to me. All I kept saying was, "oh, he's so cute" ha ha ha. I think I may have been more surprised than I should have.

With this one, I've only seen glimpses as well since the placenta is right in front. What I can see of her is that she has a lot of similar features as me. I'm truly so curious as to what she will look like. I don't think I can think any of my babies are ugly at this point
October 9th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom used to say that there was no such thing as an ugly baby. Then a lady at church had a baby that was truly ugly. He was a mini-me to his father and she loved him. I'm so curious about what my babies will look like . so far all of our children have only gotten pretty good traits from my DHs side. There are some traits that I hope my babies don't have! Some that I would pay to fix honestly. I'm going to fix a mole on my dds temple that she doesn't like, but she needs to be able to handle the removal process. I'm just waiting until she doesn't like it enough to handle the pain.
shana1979 likes this.

October 9th, 2013, 04:59 AM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes.

there's a kid at work who doesn't believe in pretty babies, and told me if he thinks Eve is ugly, he'll tell me to my face. it's funny because when i asked him if he'd tell Nate the same thing, he stuttered.

but i think Nate and i are cute enough that we'll have a pretty decent looking kid. does that sound conceited?
October 9th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Veteran
IMO there is no such thing as an ugly baby only ugly people that say those mean things..
MindyRambo likes this.

Angie Mommy of Liam (7) Jacob (0)
October 9th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Veteran
I have seen some ugly babies. Hopefully this one wont be
October 9th, 2013, 05:49 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've already said "What if my baby isn't cute!?" I think it's a pretty normal fear... and like the other ladies said, most babies are truly pretty cute.

But there are some babies who are just BEAUTIFUL. I know a girl who just had a baby and it is honestly the most darling little thing. I have seen some who are a little less... fine featured?
Nicole B likes this.
October 9th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even if I thought a baby wasn't so cute I would never ever say anything to anyone. That's just rude. Gracelyn looks like a little pig in her sono pics and I'm getting concerned she has a snout instead of a nose.

October 9th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter was adorable, and she looks mostly like my husband's side. She even has his ears that stick out (though they are pointier like mine - she is a little elfling!). So, if my first can pull of cute with those ears, I'm not worried about my second - lol.

Anyway, I think it's an "in the eye of the beholder" situation. Most parents think their babies are cute even if others think they're not so cute - heh.
Txmom4 likes this.

October 9th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i can't tell you how much that has been on my brain. i try not to express it because it sounds so superficial. so far, in the only 2 4D pix i've been able to get, william doesn't look like he'll be ugly (i used to be part of the "there's no such thing as an ugly baby camp" until i saw one). but i haven't been able to see peyton. if my dream is premonition, then she isn't ugly. i worry b/c their father is not my type at all and his features separately are not attractive. if i had known i'd be having additional biological kids, i never would have given him the time of day like that or i would have been even more careful. and i don't think his other kids are all that cute either. they're not ugly but they're not cute. i only hope these two take more after my side of the family. i barely saved my 2nd kid-- his dad is not cute to me at all. my first kid, i wasn't worried about. my concern was that the rape was truly incest (the father was supposedly my biological cousin-- he wasn't) and my kid would come out messed up.

Introducing the Minis

Last edited by shana1979; October 9th, 2013 at 06:38 AM.
October 9th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't but DH is terrified of it LOL.

I've seen some ugly babies and kids so it does happen. But usually we naturally (as human beings) find our own children to be cute!
October 9th, 2013, 07:34 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol... Somehow I had to laugh at your post because that thought did cross my mind!
I think moms will always think their baby is cute! My DD always made these funny faces on photographs and she was bold, round faced big cheeks. She honestly made us laugh at every photoshoot ( in a good way).
I thought she was the cutest thing- although she looked like a he. Had to grow out her hair a bit and now she looks so adorable as a toddler.
A year ago I dressed her in blue - she was two- and few people thought she was a he!
I wouldn't stress it anymore because that's what makes them unique It suits her personality and she is such a Julia now!
October 9th, 2013, 07:56 AM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This thread is cracking me up over here!

I don't think my baby will be ugly, even if he was I think I would still think he was the cutest baby on Earth. Hubby on the other hand has no problem telling me constantly that newborns are weird looking and ours will not be an exception to his theory. WHATEVER my baby will be so adorable
shana1979 and ducksaresnazzy like this.

October 9th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I remember hubby and I commented that our second son wasn't as cute of a baby as our first was, but he turned cuter day by day.

And yes, there ARE ugly babies. My cousins had SUPER big heads, like it took them until school age to grow into them!

BUT, babies are so innocent that it's easy to look past the not so cuteness! And then as they turn into toddlers, they can be cute as can be, but if they are allowed to be brats, they don't seem so cute afterall! Think of "men" some can be super hot/attractive, but if he's a pig/jerk, that doesn't go very far for him! (at least not in my book!)

We joke that my niece looks like the "old" bald guy from the Six Flags commercials!
October 9th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I remember they did a few of those 3D ultrasounds for Teegan at the end and i worried about it. His nose just looked SO BIG. But then he was here and he was just perfect in my eyes. I don't think it will be possible for me to think that MY baby is ugly. <3

But i agree, there are babies that are more genetically blessed than others.

Someone at my work told me that if i end up having a C-section i would have a much prettier baby. @_@ I was like, "yeeeeah.....that's not really what i'm most concerned about...but thanks?" People are great. XD

TTC #3!
October 9th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Super Mommy
THIS. IS. HILARIOUS.

October 9th, 2013, 09:08 AM
MakeupMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
HAHAHAHA! This is hilarious to me. My mom keeps telling me to stop talking about people because I still have a chance for my baby to come out ugly! lol! I'm like no way..not worried about that at all. All new borns are weird looking but after the air hits them and they begin to fill out, all my babies are beautiful and I think this time will be no different.
October 9th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Super Mommy
My SiL admitted to everyone that her first born was ugly, and seeing his pictures on Facebook, he was a bit creepy looking lol! Very very pale and bald, big huge blue veins running along his head and the bluest of blue eyes. It was just creepy lol.

I worry about having a not cute baby but I have a feeling he'll be pretty cute. When we went to the MFM docs they had a good shot of his nose and I was in love! I wish I could of gotten a picture of his nose so badly but no. We'll see!
October 9th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not really worried about having an ugly baby. Both of my kids were adorable when they were born and still are...(I'm not biased at all ) BUT I am worried about my baby having a birthmark on his face or something like that. My son has a decent sized purple ish birthmark on his hip. My daughter doesn't have one at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search