worried about c/s

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2013, 11:03 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't eat for at least 12 hours and I just thought about when I skip meals I get low sugars even without taking my meds.Now I am worried about that.So many worries and I have extra days to worry now....... oy

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 22nd, 2013, 11:08 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I sure they plan for that though. They will probably have something they are giving you through IV to help regulate your sugars during the CS. My dr told me they will be taking my sugar levels throughout my labour to make sure I don't dip or spike and will work with me accordingly

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
October 22nd, 2013, 11:28 PM
yeah I'm just a worrier.It gets nerve wrecking because I am a planner.I almost called my nurse at midnight to talk about this concern lol i need to take my but back to bed lol

My Ovulation Chart

October 23rd, 2013, 02:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm worried too. Just the unknown and the recovery. Hugs mama!

October 23rd, 2013, 05:09 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't thought of this but I'm sure they will have something for you, sugar water in your iv or something lol. Maybe that's why babies with diabetic moms come out with low blood sugar sometimes, because the moms is low? I would for sure wake up and have a snack at midnight. If your surgery is later than 8am, as when exactly is the last time you could have food, because when I had Weston my surgery was not until 4pm and the scheduler told me at first I couldn't eat past midnight and I told her i would die and I HAD to eat. They asked the dr and I was allowed to eat until 8am. Just needed 8 hours empty.

October 23rd, 2013, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you're so worried.

I'm worried too for during labor, and I keep forgetting to ask my OB about what they will do about my sugars during labor!

I'm smuggling in snacks (peanuts and granola bars mostly) BUT if this labor is anything like last time, once I'm in active labor I will be throwing up until I'm at the pushing stage.

Hopefully everything will work out fine for you. Try not to worry about it until the day of. Or tell your doctor your worries about getting low so maybe you can have some reassurance.

October 23rd, 2013, 06:52 AM
she said no eat food I have to confirm that includes ice.Trying to stay relax though.

My Ovulation Chart

October 23rd, 2013, 06:56 AM
Super Mommy
Sorry your having worries. I'm sure they have a plan for you...I'm sending good relaxing thoughts your way

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search