Update on my little ones.

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By LABs
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By shana1979

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We got to look at them and named Baby A Moira and baby B Giselle. They were on breathing machines for the first night but with room air. They gave them a dose of surfactant and after a few hrs they were off the machine and breathing on their own. Then we got to hold them! It's like holding a blanket with a baby head. They weigh nothing! Giselle weighed 3 lbs 14 oz at birth! Smaller then the u/s estimated her to be. I had hoped to go in the other direction, but shes perfect!

They placed a feeding tube down her nose and started giving both my milk last night. I was doing really well pumping and now I'm not getting anything. The nurses have been so helpful and supportive!

I'm taking turns holding them skin to skin and letting them try to bf if they want. Giselle actually latched on last night and started to suck!

The SPD pain went away instantly. As soon as I could get up from the spinal I've been fine. The c/s pain is so minor that I'm on Tylenol and Motrin for swelling. It hardly hurts at all! I think I was in so much pain before in that general area that I only notice a little tugging pain when sitting up or down for a second. I'm really happy about that!

Last edited by LABs; October 26th, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
October 26th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Wow 3lbs 14oz! SO tiny. It sounds like you guys are doing well and i'm glad you have such great nurses helping you out! Love their names!

October 26th, 2013, 07:14 AM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like even though they are tiny, they are doing well! You must be in love!!! I hope they continue to get stronger!

How are you feeling?
October 26th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Super duper tiny one!

I am glad they are doing well, though. Hopefully your milk supply will decide to kick in and start producing more again.

October 26th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Super Mommy
So good to hear that they are breathing on their own and you are not feeling much pain. Hopefully things continue in the right direction with your milk supply and you all are able to go home soon!
October 26th, 2013, 07:56 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Adorable... glad to hear they are latching and everything is well
October 26th, 2013, 08:11 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear that even though they're little, they're perfect!

October 26th, 2013, 08:39 AM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear you and the girls are doing well and what beautiful names you picked out!
October 26th, 2013, 08:43 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They sound so beautiful!! Happy to hear that they are breathing on their own and starting to nurse/drink your milk already! Im hating on you for the no pain c-section, lol, but very happy for you too, lol!!
shana1979 likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

October 26th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you got to hold them little tiny things. Also am so happy to hear there starting to do better.

October 26th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Super Mommy
The names you picked out are beautiful and I'm so happy to hear that they're breathing on their own!
October 26th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great update!!! I can't believe how tiny she is! You must be so overjoyed to finally hold them. Can't wait to see pics of them

October 26th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Veteran
AWESOME !! Such a tiny little thing happy to hear things are going good for all of you

October 26th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They sound so precious. I'm glad you got to hold them and bfeed Giselle. They're doing so well. What a blessing. I, too, am hating on your no/very little c/s pain.

Introducing the Minis

October 26th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've heard it sometimes is harder for milk to come in when you have a c/s. Hopefully that improves soon! Glad to hear the c/s pain isn't too unbearable.

Have your other kids been able to see the babies yet?
October 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My milk is starting to come in I think. I'm getting drops of colostrum again. The girls had been able to come back and hold their sisters. They are in love!!! Both girls are holding their own temps today. Moira has a little reflux, but not bad. She's had two stop breathing episodes. One was right at birth and the other last night/early morning. Giselle while tiny is doing perfectly. The only thing holding them back is eating. That might take a few weeks, but hopefully less!

October 26th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you drinking enough water?

I love that you've been able to hold them. I've only gotten to hold my lil boy once and haven't yet held Peyton. Hopefully, tomorrow. I want to try to make it back to the hospital to feed them now that they're being fed.

They both seem like really strong fighters.
LABs likes this.

Introducing the Minis

October 26th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm drinking a ton! I'm swollen from the iv fluids and have never gone to the bathroom as much as I have. Besides the swollen ankles, my upper tummy is sore. I think its from pushing during the c/s to getGiselle out. I felt a lot of pushing and movement there before she was born. They are having me do non nutritive feeds to get the girls used to the idea of milk coming from the breast. They are talking about waiting for hunger signs for feeding through the tube tomorrow and combining it with at the breast time to get them used to food coming from mommy. I just left them with the tiny amount of colostrum I pumped and them sucking on pacifiers during their feeding. Giselle is holding everything down and taking more then Moira. She is off the IV fluids and just has the feeding tube and monitors now! They graduated her to wearing clothes! I bought some preemie onesies just in case and they will put her in them. She was drowning in the newborn onesie they had her in. It went down to get ankles! Moira seems to have reflux, so she may be given meds for that and once she is holding down her food they will take out her IV! Moira hasn't had any more apnea spells. They think its from the reflux.

I hope you get to hold your babies soon Shana!!!!

October 27th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've heard of the reflux causing apnea. I think my cousin's twins had that.

My two are still naked. lol It's so warm in the incubators that clothes are definitely not needed. The kids always look so relaxed.

My son is under bili lights for jaundice now. I should be able to hold Peyton today though.

Introducing the Minis

October 27th, 2013, 04:29 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awwwwwww so sweet.... love the names, so glad they're here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search