Another crazy night

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2013, 06:18 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DD who has slept in her own bed for the past two months has decided that she can't sleep alone anymore and is asking for me- I read her two bedtime stories she is begging for me to sleep with her. She doesn't like her music box anymore as the music scarea her.
I don't know what to do tonight.. I have a student coming in at 8.30 am

She is yelling "I'm scared I'm scared want mommy"
October 26th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Stayed in her room until she fell asleep.
Hopefully she won't wake up tonight
October 26th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you're dealing with this.

Sometimes they just go through bad sleeping stages! I hope your daughter stays asleep for the rest of the night.

October 28th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! I think I would freak out if my DD was doing that.

I make DH do all bedtime duties, hoping that makes it easier once baby is here. Can your DH assist?
October 28th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our daughter has been asking us to sit in the chair in her room while she falls asleep lately, not sure why. Luckily she's been asking daddy to do it most nights, which is good since he'll most likely have to help with her more once baby arrives.
October 28th, 2013, 07:50 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally sympathize!

My DD has the worse sleep issues! She hates to be alone in her room even though we have multiple nightlights and small lamps on in there and her door (and ours) are open all night long with a very short hallway connecting them. She will go through stretches where she will wake in the middle of the night for no reason and then refuse to go back to sleep and then sometimes she will go to bed without fuss at all. No rhyme or reason, but it's getting much harder for me to get up in the middle of the night now with how uncomfortable I'm feeling.

She has always had sleep issues and hates to be alone, a total social butterfly. This is one of the main reasons why we decided the girls would share a room when baby gets old enough, so that DD would have someone else in there and not feel so lonely.

Last edited by polarbearmama; October 28th, 2013 at 10:18 AM.
October 28th, 2013, 07:52 AM
eab12191's Avatar Veteran
I feel like my DS can sense there are changes coming and his sleep patterns have been disrupted lately. Friday night he was in our room every 15/20 minutes for 4 hours from midnight on. I felt like screaming as DH had to go to a mandatory meeting at work the next morning.

Emily Bailey born 10/29/2013

October 28th, 2013, 08:39 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry for your rough night

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 28th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Veteran
I feel your pain! Our 3 yr old DS wants to come into our bed everynight. We have put our foot down as he is just to big and we cant get any sleep. Now we find him on the floor next to our bed or he just stands there whinning. When we tell him he has to go back to his bed he says " i cant" .. I dont know how we will manage w/ the baby b/c her crib is in our room and i dont need him waking her up unnecessarily.

Mom to 3 and an angel

Tristan 4/96
Jack 9/10
Katie 11/13

October 28th, 2013, 10:13 AM
My DH hardly got any sleep last night as well. She calls for us in the middle of the night.. asking for water.. then to fix her blanket.. then she is scared and is seeing a white ghost with black eyes ( this she gets from seeing the Halloween decor at WalMart and other stores-- I dont know why they put them at the front- keep them away from toddlers!!)
I am now thinking she will not be handing out candy as some costumes are very scary and I dont need her to have more sleepless nights.
It started to happen when the houses in our neighbourhoods and stores put out their decor. My poor husband does wake up and tend to her throughout the night.. I try to as well.
We know we will have more work with DD then the baby.
October 28th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you leave a light on outside of her room? I remember being scared as a kid but having the light on helped.

The problem isn't getting to sleep, right? It's more what she needs to do when she wakes up in the middle of the night??
October 28th, 2013, 02:14 PM
She has a small night light in her room and we have been leaving another on in the hallway this past week.
Yes she does make excuses.. She's hungry, or needs to be tucked in, or wants to hold a bookie so you're right with that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search