C/S tip

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not that I'm an expert at all, but we discovered a tip that now is being spread around the hospital. They put a catheter in which isn't awful. What's horrible is this incredibly sticky patch on your upper thigh that clips on to the tubing so it doesn't pull and bruise you. It is so incredibly painful to remove!!!! You use alcohol wipes and I hurt so bad I told the nurse I'd just wear it for days until it came off naturally. They apparently are meant to last long term! She had some fingernail polish remover pads in her pocket and we tried one. It came off so fast and with almost no pain! So I asked for more to take off the tape around the insision site and it came off with no pain! Its smelly and you'll want to wipe off your skin with water after, but its so worth it! I know I'm a baby with terrible sticky things being ripped off, but tape shouldn't hurt more then abdominal surgery!!!

And bring something to wear on your feet when they grow to crazy puffy blobs. They pumped so much fluid into me trying yget my blood pressure up that I'm seriously swollen!

I'm not sure why my surgery site doesn't really hurt. I think I was in such terrible pain before that now in comparison I'm just not feeling it. I'm so thankful that the SPD pain magically went away after delivery! I'm on Motrin and Tylenol for swelling, but no pain meds. They tried, but made me sick! I'm apparently not typical!

October 27th, 2013, 12:51 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the tip

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 27th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the tip!!!!

October 27th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good to know! When they took my iv out taking the tape off was killer, it left a rash in my arm too :-(
My friend had a csection and she went home on Motrin and that's all. I was dying for weeks afterwards, I always tell people how crazy she is lol she was back at work within a few weeks of having baby. I guess some people just have high pain tolerence, I'm NOT one of those people.

October 27th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They used a different tape on my IV this time. Usually they use that gridded stuff and that's the worst part of having a vagional birth. I have so little pain tolerance for taking sticky stuff off me. Its why I have never waxed. I'd just die I'm sure! The tape this time was almost cloth like and didn't hurt to take off! I was hopeful until the catheter patch ruined my experience!

October 27th, 2013, 04:42 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the tip
October 27th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i have a very low tolerance for pain and my actually twin pregnancy, i guess, was abnormal as i have had none of the aches everyone complained about. my babies sat very comfortably within. so i guess i had to pay the piper somehow.

i also have a pretty low pain medication tolerance so i can only take prescription pain meds when i'm in THAT much pain. i'm now off the percocet (needed to get my bowels moving and that stuff constipates) and am only on advil. only problem is advil/motrin raises the bp so i'm having bp issues, headaches, swelling, etc. another day or two and i should be off of those as well or at least on just 200mg.

Introducing the Minis

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search