birht control

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2014, 10:30 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I am going to go ahead and start the depo shot next week. I really didn't want to do bc but my health is so bad I want to get that in order before I have another little rainbow plus we haven't been doing good with the condoms and I just don't want a oopsie. Anybody had any experience with the depo?

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
March 15th, 2014, 06:06 PM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never used it but I've heard there are some pretty serious side effects. My friend was on it and got preggo! But I'm sure there's always someone that's gotten preggo on every type of BC lol

March 15th, 2014, 10:52 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It caused serious weight gain and is super hard on your bones. When my friend got off it she had a really hard time getting pg
March 16th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Ugh that's my worry. I don't need any extra weight problems or problems with fertility. It took me 2 years to conceive X and 6 years for the first. I wanted to Nfp but don't wake at the same time for temp taking . Don't know what to do......

My Ovulation Chart

March 16th, 2014, 07:38 AM
I forgot the Dr told me if I exercise everyday 5-7 days a week then I should not gain more than 3-5 pounds but that's still to much for my size.

My Ovulation Chart

March 16th, 2014, 10:08 AM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you thought about the patch? I had that a few years ago and it worked well, it's better than the pill because you just change it every week instead of remembering a pill everyday.

March 16th, 2014, 03:35 PM
i think i am to heavy for the patch. heels how long was your friend on bc

My Ovulation Chart

March 16th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any experience w/ depo but I don't know anyone who has had a good experience with it. don't know if it was through their own fault, like missed appts or not but a couple got preggo on it. others gained weight horribly. I'm looking into getting the Paraguard/copper IUD. The only drawback to that plan so far is that i have to pay for it upfront then be reimbursed the $625 once insurance pays (it's 100% covered by my insurance). I do't really have that kinda cash to front and wait on. My only other non-hormonal option (besides condoms) is the tubal ligation but I don't want to get my tubes tied. My blood pressure has been ridiculous since the pregnancy and I don't think I'd make it through another right now without issues. That and financial reasons are why I need to avoid an oopsie right now.Could the IUD be a choice for you?

Introducing the Minis

March 16th, 2014, 10:11 PM
it could but he said they make you keep it in for a year and wanted to start trying again between October and Jan. I have the shot sitting right here in my house but I am even more hesitant now.oy

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search